PDA

View Full Version : Jesus tells if you're not saved, you won't enter Heaven. Question then

Saved18
Sep 10th 2008, 06:26 PM
What about those who died prior to Jesus coming and dying on the cross to atone for our sins?

For example, what about tribes who have their own religion and believe in many Gods instead of one, very early in mankind's time? Did all of them go to hell?

Any thoughts?

9Marksfan
Sep 10th 2008, 08:28 PM
God says He will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy. He is not obliged to have mercy on ANYONE. And He is just in all His ways......

Nyoka
Sep 10th 2008, 11:31 PM
The bible also tells us that God's laws are written in the hearts and they will be judged on how well they followed what was written on their hearts: Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of faces with God. Rom 2:12 For as many as sinned without Law will also perish without Law. And as many as have sinned within Law shall be judged through Law. Rom 2:13 For it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. Rom 2:14 For when the nations, who do not have the Law, do by nature the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law unto themselves; Rom 2:15 who show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and the thoughts between one another accusing or even excusing one another, Rom 2:16 in a day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. This could be how God judges those who have never heard of Jesus.

faroutinmt
Sep 10th 2008, 11:55 PM
People go to hell because they have broken God's laws, have committed crimes against Him, have done evil. People go to hell to be punished for their sins. Because God is good, He sees to it that there is justice in His creation. All those who commit sin, whether they have heard of Jesus or not, must still pay the price that justice demands of their sins.

Paul demonstrates this clearly in Romans chapter 1 and 2. He says that people are accountable to God because we all have a conscience which tells us that we have done wrong. We all have the testimony of God's creation to point us to a Creator.

Josie
Sep 11th 2008, 02:57 AM
Is God limited?
1Tim 2:6 Salvation of ALL is testified in due time is it due time yet?
Jn 12:47 Jesus came to save ALL Will He succeed?
Eph 1:11 God works ALL after the counsel of His will Can your will overcome His?
Jn 4:42 Jesus is Savior of the world Can He be Savior of all without saving all?
All in due season.

Mograce2U
Sep 11th 2008, 03:19 AM
Is God limited?
1Tim 2:6 Salvation of ALL is testified in due time is it due time yet?

(1 Tim 2:6-7 KJV) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. {7} Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

Sounds as though Paul thought the time was right then!

Jn 12:47 Jesus came to save ALL Will He succeed?

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Eph 1:11 God works ALL after the counsel of His will Can your will overcome His?

(Eph 1:11-12 KJV) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: {12} That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Seems to be the firstfruits who are in view here - those handpicked apostles and disciples?

Jn 4:42 Jesus is Savior of the world Can He be Savior of all without saving all?

(John 4:41-42 KJV) And many more believed because of his own word; {42} And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

For sure those who believe will be saved

All in due season.Unbelief is limiting but faith inherits all!

(Psa 78:41 KJV) Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

(Heb 4:6-7 KJV) Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: {7} Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

(Heb 4:11 KJV) Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Butch5
Sep 11th 2008, 02:54 PM
What about those who died prior to Jesus coming and dying on the cross to atone for our sins?

For example, what about tribes who have their own religion and believe in many Gods instead of one, very early in mankind's time? Did all of them go to hell?

Any thoughts?

Hi Saved18,

The Scriptures don't speak a lot about this, but those who died before Christ, were most likely preached to in Hades. When Christ died on the cross, He spent the next three days in Hades.

Matthew 12:40 ( KJV ) 40For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Acts 2:31 ( YLT ) 31having foreseen, he did speak concerning the rising again of the Christ, that his soul was not left to hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.

It was during this time that He preached the gospel to those in hades.

1 Peter 4:5-6 ( YLT ) 5who shall give an account to Him who is ready to judge living and dead, 6for for this also to dead men was good news proclaimed, that they may be judged, indeed, according to men in the flesh, and may live according to God in the spirit.

1 Peter 3:19-20 ( YLT ) 19in which also to the spirits in prison having gone he did preach, 20who sometime disbelieved, when once the long-suffering of God did wait, in days of Noah—an ark being preparing—in which few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water;

After preaching the gospel to those who had died prior to His coming it is believed that He led those who believed to paradise which is another section or part of hades which is spoken of in Jesus parable of the rich man and Lazarus, and on the cross.

Luke 23:42-43 ( KJV ) 42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Luke 16:19-26 ( KJV ) 19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Paul says that when Christ went down into hades he led captivity captive. In other words, He overcame the power of darkness set then free who had all their lives been subject to fear.

Ephesians 4:8-10 ( KJV ) 8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Hebrews 2:14-15 ( KJV ) 14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

This is rather brief but I hope this help you.