PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for our Dog.

tt1106
Sep 10th 2008, 10:12 PM
Hi, Our Saint Bernard Marty was let out accidentally by the roofers reroofing my house. We have had her for 7 years, since she was 12 weeks old. She was a rescue and is a huge part of our family. My children are devastated.
I would appreciate your help in going to our father in prayer.
Thank You in advance.

steelerbabe
Sep 11th 2008, 02:29 AM
I am praying for Marty's safe return. PLease keep us posted.

moonglow
Sep 11th 2008, 02:37 AM
I always pray God sends a dog angel or cat angel..whatever the case may be for lost pets...that they guide them safely back home! Make sure you call the local pound too...many people don't even think about that...not sure why cause that is where many end up! And put a reward in the paper too for the dogs return! Some people find pets and think they were dumped or whatever and keep them.

God bless

livingwaters
Sep 11th 2008, 02:52 AM
Lord, please send Marty back to his family. Lord, the children are very upset, as this dog is a big part of their family. We know that YOU can do all things....Thank YOU, Lord, for hearing and answering our prayers. We bless YOUR mighty name and give YOU all the glory, Lord. Amen!!!!

God Bless!:pray::pray:

Moon
Sep 11th 2008, 04:23 AM
Praying to the Father for the return of your dog, and that He keeps him/her safe until his/her return. I feel led to tell you to inform your children that there are many, MANY kind people out there who will help a dog in need. Many caring people who will help a lost animal. Believe in faith that she is already on her way, returning home.

Praying for you.

And keep checking the pound, and various local rescue organizations, especially if your dog is of a particular breed.

I believe you will find her.

~Moon

pinkroses
Sep 11th 2008, 08:24 AM
I also have a dog and he is my baby. I believe that dogs are a real blessing from God to give us a form of companionship here on earth. Jesus please bring Marty safely home. Marty and the children need eachother as you already know. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

Redneck Charger
Sep 11th 2008, 10:11 AM
Please Jesus.. Please find this St. Benard for this family.. they need their dog back..and please Jesus, keep this dog safe..:pray:

tt1106
Sep 11th 2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks Everybody. Still no word yet. We were hoping that she would return this morning so it was a fitful nights rest for everybody. She is still missing and many people in our neighborhoos have gone out looking.
I thank God for awesome neighbors as our neighbor was the one who found our other dog(laptop) and returned her home or else we'd be missing two.
Thanks much, please keep them coming. This is no ordinary dog and was a gift from God after a very traumatic experience in my daughters life.

steelerbabe
Sep 12th 2008, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the update. Keep checking the pounds and put up lost dog posters. You might want to place an aid on Craigslists under lost and found. Be assured that prays are going up for Marty.

turtledove
Sep 12th 2008, 02:33 PM
Joining others here who are praying. May God bring Marty safely home and protect her from all harm. :pray:

moonglow
Sep 12th 2008, 02:43 PM
Hi, Our Saint Bernard Marty was let out accidentally by the roofers reroofing my house. We have had her for 7 years, since she was 12 weeks old. She was a rescue and is a huge part of our family. My children are devastated.
Thank You in advance.

Hey I have something to tell you! I woke up at five this morning...:rolleyes: nothing new for me...but for some reason I had you and your missing dog on my mind. Whether this was me...or God I don't know...but I got an idea. First I am wondering about these roofers. A roofing company wouldn't be so careless to let your dogs out, as something like this could damage their reputation leading to loss income...are they from a reliable local roofing company or some handymen you found in the paper? I would call them if you haven't already. For some reason I got the idea one of them might have taken your dog...either because they liked the dog or are waiting for you to put a reward for her in the paper. Even if the roofer himself didn't return the dog for the reward he could get a friend to do it so you would never know the connection. Some people will do sneaky things like that just to get the reward!

I would find out if any of the employees are possibly new to this company...express your concerns one of them could have done this.

The reason I thought of this too is because a Saint Bernard is a huge dog! How could no one notice her walking down the street? A Saint Bernard isn't your run of the mill stray dog that people would overlook by any means. Most dumped or lost dogs are many times mutts of medium size. When people see a dog that is clearly a full breed or close to that of some kind they tend to take more notice and even more effort in trying to pick up the dog. (though sadly some people will dump full bred dogs too!)

Did your dog have tags on her too by the way? And is she usually friendly to people see doesn't know or would run from them? The thing is a dog this large can't hide that easily either. If you have posters of her up on street lights around your area I would think by now someone would have called saying they spotted her! I just can't image her not being seen by someone. I realize your other dog got out too...but that doesn't necessarily mean a roofer didn't take your other one. I had a friend that told me once about having a German Shepard that he loved very much and he lived next to a farm or some house where some men came in to do some work. Well his dog was very friendly and over there alot to visit these men working...well sadly when they were done with the job one of the workers just took my friends dog! Simply because he liked the dog!

The only reason my friend found out the worker took his dog was because some kids saw him do it. :( I would ask around...if anyone is home during the day and maybe saw your dogs get out or saw your Saint Bernard being taken...its not uncommon for full bred dogs to be stolen either. We had some big problems with that happening here a few years ago in fact. A reason too I won't keep my dog outside when we are gone. Even if he is a mutt!

God bless

turtledove
Sep 12th 2008, 03:54 PM
Moonglow:

This is concerned and good but a pm or visitor message would have been a better place to post it. I'll leave it here this time.

Please re-read these from Miepie and Jennifer. (stickies which still apply)

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=67217

And just offer prayers in the prayer section rather than lengthy advice.

Thanks..

wiseoldowl

moonglow
Sep 12th 2008, 05:27 PM
Yea I saw that after the fact! :blush: So sorry! It didn't occur to me after I read that..that I could have gone back and deleted it and put it on PM...mmm I guess I should be posting this either? :blush::confused sorry!

tt1106
Sep 12th 2008, 06:28 PM
:ppOK, SO I had a dream last night that someone found my dog and returned her to me. I woke up remembering the dream but I could not seem to distinguish the face or remember the person who delivered her home. You know what I mean, You can tell that there is a person there, but you cannot tell anything about them.
Well my wife called at 9:30 and she had called out from her Friday Morning Bible study because of not feeling well. She called me this morning to tell me that the Pastor's secretary had called and said she though our dog was at the Church! Sure enough our Dog had made her way to our Church (no, She's never been there!). Praise Jesus that my wife had gone there Wednesday and pleaded at the ALtar!
Talk about answered prayer. I can't tell you how great God is.
I can't tell you how huge a testimony this will be in my children's lives.
Thank You so much for your prayers, I feel like I felt every one of them.
-Blessings.

Ps. Unharmed, VERY hungry, dehydrated and dirty but intact. She seems very happy to be home.

D in Georgia
Sep 12th 2008, 06:31 PM
Praise God! I am so happy for you. My dog is just like a member of our family also. D

moonglow
Sep 12th 2008, 06:34 PM
:ppOK, SO I had a dream last night that someone found my dog and returned her to me. I woke up remembering the dream but I could not seem to distinguish the face or remember the person who delivered her home. You know what I mean, You can tell that there is a person there, but you cannot tell anything about them.
Well my wife called at 9:30 and she had called out from her Friday Morning Bible study because of not feeling well. She called me this morning to tell me that the Pastor's secretary had called and said she though our dog was at the Church! Sure enough our Dog had made her way to our Church (no, She's never been there!). Praise Jesus that my wife had gone there Wednesday and pleaded at the ALtar!
Talk about answered prayer. I can't tell you how great God is.
I can't tell you how huge a testimony this will be in my children's lives.
Thank You so much for your prayers, I feel like I felt every one of them.
-Blessings.

Ps. Unharmed, VERY hungry, dehydrated and dirty but intact. She seems very happy to be home.

wow...that is amazing! So glad you found her! Thank you Lord for that! :)

God bless

ChristsCourage
Sep 12th 2008, 06:37 PM
:cry::cry: this made me do that(cry). I feel bledded that your dog Marty is back safe, and, sound. Thank GOD that He was returned safely to you, and, your family.

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 12th 2008, 07:12 PM
Awesome!!! Thank you, Jesus! I am so happy for you all!

Give that dog a kiss for me :kiss:

Friend of I AM
Sep 12th 2008, 08:04 PM
Thank You in advance.

I'll say some prayers. Dogs are often peaceful creatures and faithful as well. The surprising thing is that some animals act more human than we do as men. God bless.

steelerbabe
Sep 13th 2008, 09:13 AM
I am so happy for you. Thank you Lord.

turtledove
Sep 13th 2008, 02:51 PM
Wow, what an answer to our prayers..Marty comes to church looking for you! God is so good!

:pp

Moon
Sep 14th 2008, 04:28 AM
I am so HAPPY to hear this! I looked on the forums here tonight just to see if anything had happened with your situation, and am THRILLED to hear that she came home.

tt1106
Sep 14th 2008, 11:52 AM
Thank You everybody. I am working a team for an Emmaus walk and got to tell my testimony(and Marty's) to a couple of friends and their wives. I was cracking up when my friend Steve's wife burst into tears. It's also led to a real growing closer to my church and I as the church members rallied on their own to look. It's amazing to hear from people that they went out of their way to look for her.
I appreciate the prayers. Boy did they work. My kids are ecstatic.

turtledove
Sep 14th 2008, 11:55 AM
:pp:spin::pp.......

:amen: