PDA

View Full Version : update on mom

Ravenwspr
Sep 11th 2008, 11:06 PM
I have a thread on family in the regular prayer area, but have had a recent turn in events regarding my mother, Cheryl. She has Chronic Lukemia and COPD affecting heart and lungs and has been in the hospital since June of this year. Last night she became very ill and now has water forming in her lungs, increased heart rate, is in ICU on breathing machine, and now they say her kidneys are barely functioning and if they can get her blood pressure to stablelize they are going to do a cat scan without dye (because of no kidney function), then if that shows anything to warrant going in, they will do emergency exploratory surgery, even at great risk. I cant go up there because I have a head cold and wouldnt be allowed to enter the ICU floor. Please keep us in prayer.

livingwaters
Sep 11th 2008, 11:45 PM
:pray:ing for the Lord to reach down an alleviate all these diseases which are trying to take over your mom's bodily functions. Lord, please touch her with your healing hands. Father, I have seen you work in so many lives, Lord...just pure miracles...We know that YOU are the miracle-working God. Only through YOU, Lord, can we come boldly to the throne and request that you hear and answer our prayers. I thank you Lord, for all that you do....which is a tremendous amount, always. Thank you for your new mercies every morning, Father...Thank you for loving us first, and sending YOUR Son so that we could have everlasting life. I pray all these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

God Bless you and your family:hug:

Ravenwspr
Sep 12th 2008, 01:51 AM
The doctors are calling for all family to come in tomorrow to see mom, her heart is showing damage now and has full pneumonia, kidneys not functioning etc. They cant do more for her because they cant operate to find out whats wrong (too high risk) and they dont expect her to make it through. Please keep us in prayers through the next week, I'll drop a note when im able to. Love to all and thank you for praying and thinking of us.

Raven

livingwaters
Sep 12th 2008, 02:08 AM
So Sorry!!! :pray:Will be praying for ya'll:hug:

IMINXTC
Sep 12th 2008, 06:19 AM
Will keep you in special prayer especially this next couple weeks.

Ashley274
Sep 12th 2008, 06:31 AM
:cry: praying for mom, you and the family....At this point I would wear a mask and gloves and go see her .....I am so sorry for this turn :pray::pray:

Ravenwspr
Sep 12th 2008, 07:40 AM
im driving my dad and my daughters up in the morning. doctors will let me wear a mask but i cant stay long because of it being the ICU unit - thank you again for praying for us, i know its helping

Redneck Charger
Sep 12th 2008, 10:34 AM
Please Jesus.. Please take care of this Mom.. and her family surounding her.. Please Jesus..:pray:

White Spider
Sep 12th 2008, 10:20 PM
:pray: Praying for all of you, I know it must be hard not to see your mother at a time like this. :pray:

Ravenwspr
Sep 13th 2008, 01:59 AM
update: no heart damage in second set of tests run today, kidneys are starting back up and she was alert for a few short times, im wiped so passing out for the rest of the night, thank you all for praying, will see what the next day brings

karenoka27
Sep 13th 2008, 02:28 AM
Praying..one day at a time. Asking the Lord to be with you as well.

TRL1957
Sep 13th 2008, 02:43 AM
I prayed God's comfort for you and your family. God bless

Tanya~
Sep 13th 2008, 04:29 AM
Praying for the Lord to intervene with His peace and comfort to you all, especially your mom

Ashley274
Sep 13th 2008, 04:33 AM
Still in prayer

Ravenwspr
Sep 14th 2008, 12:27 AM
My family is meeting in the morning to have life support removed. My mom wont be able to breathe without it. The luekemia has gone agressive/acute and is attacking her liver and splean and the only way to treat that is with chemo and she wouldnt survive that either. The pain hits and causes her bp and heart to act up and its getting worse. The doctors say there is no treatment that will help her heal at this point and any type of life support is just going to keep her in pain more and more and the doctors asked the family to decide. So im going to lose mom in the morning. Please pray for all of us.

Raven

IMINXTC
Sep 14th 2008, 12:38 AM
We're keeping you and your family in vigilant prayer.

livingwaters
Sep 14th 2008, 12:42 AM
Oh, may the Lord's arms embrace you and comfort you through these trying and sad times....Lord, please pour YOUR mercy and grace out on this family...Let them know that YOU are there for them always, especially, in these trying times. Let this situation glorify, YOU, Oh, Lord!!! I pray these things in Jesus' name.

My sympathies go out to you and your family...:hug::pray:

Ashley274
Sep 14th 2008, 06:39 AM
I am so sorry :cry::cry::cry: I am and will keep praying for you and your family .....I am just so very sad for you all :pray::pray::pray::hug:

My family is meeting in the morning to have life support removed. My mom wont be able to breathe without it. The luekemia has gone agressive/acute and is attacking her liver and splean and the only way to treat that is with chemo and she wouldnt survive that either. The pain hits and causes her bp and heart to act up and its getting worse. The doctors say there is no treatment that will help her heal at this point and any type of life support is just going to keep her in pain more and more and the doctors asked the family to decide. So im going to lose mom in the morning. Please pray for all of us.

Raven

Ravenwspr
Sep 14th 2008, 01:44 PM
John 6:37-40
All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

And this is the Father's will which has sent me, that of all which he has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son, and believes on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

there is no failure, no loss

CoffeeCat
Sep 14th 2008, 02:04 PM
:hug: to Ravenwspr... and :pray: for your family.. :hug: You've got brothers and sisters here who'll help you through.

Redneck Charger
Sep 15th 2008, 10:01 AM
Please Jesus watch over Ravenwspr.. and please keep a eye on her and her family.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray:

Befaithful
Sep 15th 2008, 11:35 PM
Dearest Lord I cry out to you with my brothers and sisters for this dear sister.

I pray for your mercy grace truth healing touch and comfort oh dear Lord. For this family. I yield this situation to you Lord your will Lord. Hedge each one in with your love.:pray:

Pray for your healing to flow.

TRL1957
Sep 16th 2008, 01:42 AM
My heart hurts for you. i am lifting you up in daily prayer. That God will comfort you as only He can.

Ravenwspr
Sep 17th 2008, 06:09 AM
My mom went home Sept 16th at 4am while holding my hand, God has been with her and us every step of the way. Thank you all for your prayers, and please remember my family over the next couple of weeks as youre led to. Love to all - Raven

Ashley274
Sep 17th 2008, 06:18 AM
Raven I am so sorry for your loss ...mom is with Jesus but you and your family will grieve and have our prayers :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::hug: I am at a loss for the right words but know my heart hurts for you

IMINXTC
Sep 17th 2008, 06:20 AM
Sorry for your loss Raven, and will keep your family in prayer! We are thrilled that your Mom was in the Lord.

Redneck Charger
Sep 17th 2008, 09:42 AM
Raven.. I am so sorry for your loss.. My prayers are witrh you and your family.. Please Jesus keep a watchful eye over this family for their loss..:pray:

Ravenwspr
Sep 17th 2008, 12:27 PM
I would like to share a poem written by my mother, it shows the focus of her heart and is a real blessing to read. Thank you all again for being friends and brothers/sisters in Christ. I thank God for you all.

the following link takes you to a blog copy of her poem that has the song playing "Psalm 1" by Kim Hill :

Moms Poem (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=51081609&blogID=433592403)

Redneck Charger
Sep 17th 2008, 12:38 PM
Extremly Beautiful.. and thank you for sharing..God Bless YOU and YOUR family...:pray::hug:

IMINXTC
Sep 18th 2008, 03:31 AM
I was very moved by your Mom's poem and by this site!

Tanya~
Sep 18th 2008, 03:39 AM
The wonderful thing is knowing that your mom is now with the Lord! :hug: I pray the Lord will give you and your family comfort as you go through this grieving process.

My heart's Desire
Sep 18th 2008, 05:29 AM
My heart grieves with yours. I lost my Mom over a year ago in a similiar fashion but mainly from Diabetes complications and her age. Lots of hospital stays etc. Ups and mostly downs.
I miss my mom horribly but I'm so happy she is with the LORD! She suffered so.
Remember that Always and it will pull you through the hard times.

Redneck Charger
Sep 18th 2008, 07:13 PM
I am with you in prayers.. My prayers are with you and your family.. I idon't know how you feel.. But am going to find out very soon.. Just know my heart and prayers are with you Raven..:pray::pray: