PDA

View Full Version : baby girl 2 days old

Ashley274
Sep 12th 2008, 06:24 AM
I know sonmeone who just had a baby on the 9th and I want to get the baby a gift...obviously with my lack of income situation I can't buy much.....thats OK something will do....If it were a kitten or a puppy I would know what to buy it...but what does a kid that young use???? Clothes? sizes? I need some help on this and thank you. :hug:

Seeker of truth
Sep 12th 2008, 01:45 PM
Diapers are always a bit hit Ashley :) For clothing I would buy no smaller than 3 months. Babies don't wear newborn sized very long at all.

Blankets, booties and onsies are good gift ideas :)

Vhayes
Sep 12th 2008, 01:48 PM
I know sonmeone who just had a baby on the 9th and I want to get the baby a gift...obviously with my lack of income situation I can't buy much.....thats OK something will do....If it were a kitten or a puppy I would know what to buy it...but what does a kid that young use???? Clothes? sizes? I need some help on this and thank you. :hug:
Hi Ashley -

How about offering to fix a meal and wash up the dishes afterward? Maybe run the sweeper or do a few loads of laundry? They may not be "tangible" gifts but my guess is the mother will remember those gifts longer than she will a sleeper set.

Love to you -
V

cdo
Sep 13th 2008, 02:21 AM
:hmm:
Hey v...good idea.I know i would have welcomed it !!
Hey Ashley.....You could give her some rest/catch~up sleep time.
Or hit the sells.....even maybe 3~6 months. clothing.It doesn't hurt to think(grow) in size. Babies grow fast. Whatever you decide....let it be where they will get the use out of.
in Christ,Darlene:hug:

karenoka27
Sep 13th 2008, 02:25 AM
Visiting the mother and paying attention to her and how she is feeling and not just the baby will mean a lot as well.
As for a gift, I like to buy a girl their first baby doll!

CoffeeCat
Sep 13th 2008, 02:30 AM
A gift card to a drugstore, a soft toy like a teddy or bunny for the baby, or make up a basket of baked/other yummy goodies for the mommy! Also, you could offer to babysit for free if you were comfy doing that. Diapers should always be bought bigger..... little ones don't stay newborn size for long! Same goes with clothes.

Heck, you offering to come over, cook and clean would be lovely.

My friend's baby is 2.5 months old now.... and she loved any of that when he was born.

Ashley274
Sep 13th 2008, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the ideas everyone :hug::pp I would LOVE to clean her house , cook and all that but she would have to send me a plane ticket she lives very far away from me...That is an awesome idea though....I will use it some day when someone close by has a baby..

I do not know if she is using fake diapers or cloth ones...So its a doll, clothes or a stuffed dog or cat ....I was also thinking a first Bible but am not sure if they have them for kids and pink would be cool..I um know the kid would not be able to read it yet but ;)

CoffeeCat
Sep 13th 2008, 12:48 PM
Y'know, sending a stuffed dog or cat would be cute :) You could also maybe tuck a few onesies (for an older baby) around the stuffed animal in the package! That would help with the shipping weight some, rather than wrapping them separately. Or even just the new stuffed friend is great by itself.... little ones LOVE cuddly 'buddies' especially as they get old enough to reach out and grab it and drag it close to them. :D

cdo
Sep 13th 2008, 05:34 PM
:hmm:
I have another thought (:eek:)
How about a customize sippy cup for later.......with a picture of choice on it ? Maybe her 1st pict frame.
Just another thought:lol::lol::lol:
sis,Darlene:hug:

Ta-An
Sep 13th 2008, 06:06 PM
Scripture!!!! :idea:

Bless the baby with scripture.....

chaelarawr
Sep 20th 2008, 11:35 AM
I think that a bible is a great idea! My aunty bought me my first Bible for my baptism...
Even though she wrote inside it "For your confirmation." Heh.
It's white and has silver on the edge of all the pages. It's extremely elegant, and I still have usage for it. It's the only Bible I'm used to using!
If you would like something personalised, how about writing a letter for the baby to open on their 18th/21st birthday? My parents organised a 'time capsule' type thing for me to open on my 18th birthday. I opened it this year, and some of the things in there were really interesting and touching.
Hope that helps out a bit! Sorry for the late reply...
:D

IMINXTC
Sep 20th 2008, 11:49 AM
Or maybe one of those deeliobobs that hang over the crib (a safe one), that makes noise and twirls when she hits it. At two days now, she would eventualy grow into it.

Ashley274
Sep 23rd 2008, 04:59 AM
Awww thank you all for the wonderful ideas and many will be used for future babies...but...today....I was bad but I went to the Family Christian store and got a baby Bible AND a teddy bear with a prayer on his tummy and am MP3 player in him ( I KNOW I KNOW NOT A SMART way to spend money right now) so they can record stories to her and songs..even chat so the mom can nap and the kid will hear moms voice :lol: Its just sooooo adorable :pp