PDA

View Full Version : hurricanes on the Gulf coast

Teke
Sep 12th 2008, 04:57 PM
Please keep all those suffering from hurricane disaster in your prayers. It has been another devastating hurricane season on the Gulf coast. This year the area seems to have been broadened a great deal. All of the Gulf coast states southern areas are suffering from this.

Today where I am we are experiencing the wind and water effects of Ike. This is just after last week when we returned home from mandatory evacuations for Gustov.

So many are in need, I wish I could do more. Even those that have more of a financial ability are experiencing difficulty. Funds are depleted from evacuation and FEMA still has not yet said what, if anything, they will do this time around. The government is trying some new things this time, after their experience with Katrina three years ago. Whether any of that will be successful remains to be seen.

I watched as thousands stood in line to receive emergency food stamps for food. There were women with children, the elderly and the disabled who didn't have any food or water...it is quite trying to my faith. Even the military deployed here are touched and wish they could do more.:cry:

HisLeast
Sep 12th 2008, 05:00 PM
I watched as thousands stood in line to receive emergency food stamps for food. There were women with children, the elderly and the disabled who didn't have any food or water...it is quite trying to my faith. Even the military deployed here are touched and wish they could do more.:cry:

Whatever values my prayers are... they're being sent.

There is some small solace in the fact that these situations provide the church excellent opportunity to show its character.

turtledove
Sep 12th 2008, 05:29 PM
Lifting all and you too, Teke, up in prayers.

Lord, have mercy.
Lord, come to their aid.
Make haste to help them.

In the Name of Jesus, I pray. :pray:

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 12th 2008, 05:47 PM
Please keep all those suffering from hurricane disaster in your prayers. It has been another devastating hurricane season on the Gulf coast. This year the area seems to have been broadened a great deal. All of the Gulf coast states southern areas are suffering from this.

Today where I am we are experiencing the wind and water effects of Ike. This is just after last week when we returned home from mandatory evacuations for Gustov.

So many are in need, I wish I could do more. Even those that have more of a financial ability are experiencing difficulty. Funds are depleted from evacuation and FEMA still has not yet said what, if anything, they will do this time around. The government is trying some new things this time, after their experience with Katrina three years ago. Whether any of that will be successful remains to be seen.

It is a horrible, sad thing. Along with prayers for your safety, I will pray that the churches rise more to the occasion, as we should be. I imagine Samaritan's Purse is/or will be active down there, - Franklin Graham. All of us that have the ability need to pitch in and help you, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.

livingwaters
Sep 12th 2008, 06:14 PM
:pray:ing for all who are in the path of IKE...Please, evacuate, if possilbe. This one seems to have a vengence...But, our Heavenly Father is always on the job...I pray that no lives are lost, as material things can be replaced...I know it has to be devastating to lose your home, etc., and my heart goes out to those who have and will...Please be cautious and pray, pray, pray!!!!:pray:

Also, I have family who just went thru Gustav!! I praise the Lord that they are all OK..Now, I have a cousin and his wife living in Houston..They might get heavy winds and lots of rain...Lord, please show YOUR mercies for them, as well. I pray all these things in Jesus' name.:pray::pray:

D in Georgia
Sep 12th 2008, 06:27 PM
Also, pray for all of the relief workers who have been and continue to respond to the needs of those affected by this hurricane season. D

http://www.namb.net/site/c.9qKILUOzEpH/b.224451/#currentresponses

Teke
Sep 12th 2008, 08:02 PM
Also, pray for all of the relief workers who have been and continue to respond to the needs of those affected by this hurricane season. D

http://www.namb.net/site/c.9qKILUOzEpH/b.224451/#currentresponses

From what I read on the site they work in conjunction with Red Cross and Salvation Army. It says they give out hot meals. Is this only for first responders, as they are the only ones I have heard are receiving hot meals. (first responders get everything "first", gas, water, ice, food)
Specifically do you know of any in St Tammany Parish that are helping the common man.

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 12th 2008, 09:46 PM
I just heard on K-love that Billy Graham first response team is ready to go in.

http://www.billygraham.org/MediaRelations_PressReleases.asp

Moderator, link self-described...

GodSeeker
Sep 13th 2008, 02:06 AM
May the Lord keep all those in the path of this hurricane safe.

:pray:

karenoka27
Sep 13th 2008, 02:23 AM
[quote=HisLeast;1785824]Whatever values my prayers are... they're being sent.

/quote]
The Lord considers all of your requests valuable.:hug:

Praying for everyone involved in this hurricane.

Debra R
Sep 13th 2008, 02:35 AM
Praying with tears :hug:

Redneck Charger
Sep 13th 2008, 12:24 PM
Praying for all who are suffering because of storms.. Please Jesus keep them all safe, and their families..:pray: