PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Iran

doug3
Sep 12th 2008, 08:41 PM
Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Iran.

It has been reported that last Tuesday (September 9th) the Iranian parliament approved a draft bill that allows for the death penalty to be carried out on those convicted of apostasy from the Islamic religion. The bill now goes to a commission for amendment before being voted on again by the parliament

That means Muslims who convert, or have already converted to Christianity, could face the death sentence.

It has been reported that two Christians with Muslim backgrounds were recently charged with apostasy by a court in Iran. There are fears that these brothers in Christ may face the death penalty if the bill becomes law.

Futher information can be found at http://dynamic.csw.org.uk/article.asp?t=press&id=773

Please lets not discuss this here. Let's just pray.

Redneck Charger
Sep 13th 2008, 12:29 PM
Praying.. Please Jesus.. hear our prayers..:pray:

livingwaters
Sep 13th 2008, 11:52 PM
:pray::pray::pray:ing for our fellow brothers and sisters, in Christ....

Frances
Sep 14th 2008, 03:32 PM
:pray:............................................ .

Bethany67
Sep 14th 2008, 05:33 PM
Praying for God's protection and a reversal of the law.

karenoka27
Sep 14th 2008, 05:40 PM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Praying for our brothers and sisters in Iran. I am confident the Lord will give them the strength they need to go through this powerful yet difficult trial.

turtledove
Sep 15th 2008, 02:52 PM
God help them and give them strength to face trials. Lifting them up in prayer and asking for protection. :pray:

FaithfulSheep
Sep 15th 2008, 03:02 PM
:pray: I had not heard about this. Praying that the Lord will give them the peace and strength they need for those suffering persecution.

tt1106
Sep 15th 2008, 03:32 PM
Lord, give them the strength to remain strong in YOU. May their deaths, should it come to that, strengthen other people and reveal to them that only through you can you have the strength to face any challenge, climb any mountain. Keep them secure in the faith, that to die is gain and to live in Jesus is to live forever. Lord, I also pray that their sacrifice, may be enough to start a cultural revolution in that country. I pray that YOU harvest that country and that it be your will that Iran will turn from it's own apostasy and towards the TRUTH. I ask for salvation for Iran and that Christianity sweeps across that country like the wildfire that it is.
Show the citizens the peace and security that can only be found in you.
Amen.

thethirdtuttle
Sep 17th 2008, 07:42 PM
Lord, give them the strength to remain strong in YOU. May their deaths, should it come to that, strengthen other people and reveal to them that only through you can you have the strength to face any challenge, climb any mountain. Keep them secure in the faith, that to die is gain and to live in Jesus is to live forever. Lord, I also pray that their sacrifice, may be enough to start a cultural revolution in that country. I pray that YOU harvest that country and that it be your will that Iran will turn from it's own apostasy and towards the TRUTH. I ask for salvation for Iran and that Christianity sweeps across that country like the wildfire that it is.
Show the citizens the peace and security that can only be found in you.
Amen.

I am in complete and total agreement with this prayer from tt1106.

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin

doug3
Sep 17th 2008, 07:46 PM
Thank you all for praying.