PDA

View Full Version : yearning for heaven

Debra R
Sep 13th 2008, 01:55 AM
Do you have that yearning for heaven? Is it just me? Am I strange? :saint:

There are times the longing for heaven is so intense. Not that I want to die, which I know we all will die someday, unless our Lord comes first. But I just want to leave this world and be with my Jesus, and my Nathan and all my loved ones who have gone on before me. I want to be with them.

My life here is good, don't get me wrong. Our Lord provides all my needs. I have a wonderful husband, nice home, good job. My dear family and friends. I just desire heaven more.

I know there are wonderful things in the near future our Lord has planned for my life, and my husbands. That I am excited about.
But sometimes the yearning for heaven is a physical ache.

How about any of you? Do you yearn for heaven?

ChristsCourage
Sep 13th 2008, 02:01 AM
I have not been yearning for heaven until you gave us your take on it. Do you know if there are scriptures that tell what heaven will be like when we get there? I just want to know all about it, and, then I can picture it in my mind forever, and, always have dreams about it.

livingwaters
Sep 13th 2008, 02:08 AM
You are not alone, Debra!!!! I'm ready, when HE's ready..Amen~~:pp

Tanya~
Sep 13th 2008, 02:11 AM
Hi Debra,

I yearn for the Kingdom all the time. Every day. Come, Lord Jesus!

Debra R
Sep 13th 2008, 02:23 AM
I have not been yearning for heaven until you gave us your take on it. Do you know if there are scriptures that tell what heaven will be like when we get there? I just want to know all about it, and, then I can picture it in my mind forever, and, always have dreams about it.

Hi Dana, :hug:
The only scripture I can think of right now is in Revelation 21 where it speaks of the new Jerusalem. It sounds like it will be so very beautiful.

Which I think wherever our Lord is, has to be the most beautiful place there is.

I can't imagine how beautiful it will be. I just think of being in our God's presence, how much love and joy we will have just being with Him. And at how much joy of being with those we love who have died.

I do so look forward to that.

Debra R
Sep 13th 2008, 02:26 AM
:) I'm glad I'm not alone. :hug:

Ashley274
Sep 13th 2008, 05:32 AM
No you certainly are not alone...I crave Heaven all the time ...To be with Jesus and odd as this may sound...maybe childish....to just be held by Him and talk

IMINXTC
Sep 13th 2008, 10:57 AM
No you certainly are not alone...I crave Heaven all the time ...To be with Jesus and odd as this may sound...maybe childish....to just be held by Him and talk

"...of such is the kingdom of Heaven." Mt 19:14b

Rocking horse
Sep 13th 2008, 11:00 AM
I've always wanted Heaven, and since my mum died 7 weeks ago, I want it even more now. I believe somewhere in Matthews Gospel it tells a story of a woman who had about 7 husbands and she asks which husband will she be reunited with when she goes to Heaven. But she is told that in Heaven things like that won't matter, no one will be married to each other.....so I guess we'll know each other on a different dimension but I do long to see my mother again. I guess however it will be, it will be good, because it will be of God. But yes, I crave Heaven, the sooner the better for me.

karenoka27
Sep 13th 2008, 11:01 AM
Debra, the more we grow in Him the less appealing this world it. What could compare to being in the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

From the words "Turn Your Upon Jesus"
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the Light of His glory and grace.:hug:

Cloudwalker
Sep 13th 2008, 04:19 PM
Paul wrote "to live is Christ to die is gain." It is obvious from several thing he wrote that he longed for heaven. We who long for heaven are in good company. (And if anyone wonders why I long for heaven read this post http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?p=1114972&postcount=1 which is a poem I wrote and posted here)