PDA

View Full Version : Phenomenally fed up and weary

Ashley274
Sep 13th 2008, 06:02 AM
I don't have the energy and to be frank it type it all out ...I have a billion prayer requests over the months and things just don't seem to let up for me.....adding to all the old stuff ...and the new stuff in the prayer area..most of you know all thats going on...now my leaking roof IS leaking so bad that since late last night when the rain started (and is due to go on for 3 days) my dinngroom wood floor that I laid is ruined...water must be going between the walls and my floor now is buckled :cry: more hidden mold is due no doubt...:B

Yesterday an older woman was telling me she was walking and worrying about my losing the house and all..anyhow she asked if she could help me with my house pmts.....I told her thanks but no ( I knew she could not afford it ) it was very sweet of her but late at night I laid there thinking how close I came to being saved from this if she only had the money...I would have borrowed it till and IF my property sold....I am just near giving up.......

I am JUST looking to whine and for words of encouragement...I am kind of feeling God doesn't care about me but I know on some level thats not true..yet it keeps going in and out of my head.....I think too it doesnt help that this is month 1 with no house pmt

And well no need for advice because I really have covered all the bases and am just .... forgotten or something

IMINXTC
Sep 13th 2008, 07:06 AM
Hey Ashley, You're obviously going through some awful times, and we are keeping you in daily prayer (especially for your health). I wish I could go up (wherever you live) and fix your roof etc (general contractor). I would do it for a piece of peach-pie (or two).

And if push came to shove I would find a way.

But I am hoping there will be a breakthrough for you as we pray... I'm very confident in this...

Please keep us posted.

livingwaters
Sep 13th 2008, 11:01 PM
Job 1:8 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+1:8&version=9)
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Job 1:9 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+1:9&version=9) Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Job 1:12 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+1:12&version=9)
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.
Job 2:1 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+2:1&version=9) Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
Job 2:2 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+2:2&version=9)
And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Job 2:3 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+2:3&version=9) And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
Job 2:4 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+2:4&version=9)
And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
Job 2:6 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+2:6&version=9) And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.
Job 2:7 (http://bibleresources.bible.com/passagesearchresults.php?passage1=Job+2:7&version=9)
So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown
But, remember in the end what happened?!!!~~~:hug::hug::hug::pray::pray:

God Bless...

Mograce2U
Sep 13th 2008, 11:08 PM
Ashley274,
You pray and then when help comes you turn it down? Are you expecting it to rain house payments from the sky or what? Humble yourself and go back to that lady and ask her if you can change your mind. You don't know what her resources are. Perhaps the Lord plans to bless you both! Like you said you can pay her back when you sell the house. Trust in the Lord...

(Hosea 11:4 KJV) I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them.

(Hosea 11:4 NIV) I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.

CoffeeCat
Sep 14th 2008, 01:30 AM
Ashley, my friend, I am here for you. :hug: And you have everyone here thinking of you and praying for you. PM me anytime, okay??

Debra R
Sep 14th 2008, 03:53 AM
I don't have the energy and to be frank it type it all out ...I have a billion prayer requests over the months and things just don't seem to let up for me.....adding to all the old stuff ...and the new stuff in the prayer area..most of you know all thats going on...now my leaking roof IS leaking so bad that since late last night when the rain started (and is due to go on for 3 days) my dinngroom wood floor that I laid is ruined...water must be going between the walls and my floor now is buckled :cry: more hidden mold is due no doubt...:B

Yesterday an older woman was telling me she was walking and worrying about my losing the house and all..anyhow she asked if she could help me with my house pmts.....I told her thanks but no ( I knew she could not afford it ) it was very sweet of her but late at night I laid there thinking how close I came to being saved from this if she only had the money...I would have borrowed it till and IF my property sold....I am just near giving up.......

I am JUST looking to whine and for words of encouragement...I am kind of feeling God doesn't care about me but I know on some level thats not true..yet it keeps going in and out of my head.....I think too it doesnt help that this is month 1 with no house pmt

And well no need for advice because I really have covered all the bases and am just .... forgotten or something

Oh, sis :hug:,
you are dearly loved.

And you are not forgotten....

Isaiah 49:14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,
And my Lord has forgotten me."
15 " Can a woman forget her nursing child,
And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
Surely they may forget,
Yet I will not forget you.
16 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me.

Isaiah 41:9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its farthest regions,
And said to you,
You are My servant,
I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Hang in there sis. Our Lord is with you. And He will help you.

Love you :kiss: :hug:

Ashley274
Sep 14th 2008, 05:56 AM
(( (( SFASH, Livingwaters, MoGrace2u,Coffeecat and Debra)))))))

Thank you all of you really BLESS you :hug: The thing is I do know the womans ability to help me and she really doesn't have the money. I would have borrowed it if she had it...she was thinking like $100-300 and her hubby has a lot of medical issues.....I apprecaite all the scripture , prayers and support..I am just feeling extra blue because like Job it has been one thing after another...in fact Job and I have much in common from the death of family to loss of all he had (I am feeling woeful on the house and job front) to health issues..though I can't say the beginning of my book would read that I was rightous and upright ..perfect and upright..I am far better than I ONCE was but am not perfect by a long shot...and my floor.....:cry:

I did tell God to just please whack the whole house down when we are out (me and my dog) or help me fix it all......this one step forward one back is really killing ,me....then today we got 6 inches of rain....my foor :cry::mad: I can fix a floor but what gets me is this means my walls have rain running in and mold and electrical issues are involved when you get moisture like that..I am just feeling sorry for me.....in time the sun will shine and God will somehow pull me through but right now..I am kinda weary with it all....The prayers and scripture really help me

IMINXTC
Sep 14th 2008, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I think the Lord has got a plan in all this;)

Ashley274
Sep 14th 2008, 07:21 AM
:pray: I sure hope you are right SFASH and that it is a good plan ...I have been wondering on using my house insurance for the water damage, roof and also the electrical issues but I am wondering if they would come over and say HEY THAT ROOF IS VERY OLD AND FLAKING OFF we won't pay it.....I really really REALLY need God to smack me on the noggin' to know what to do or not do...or just take the whole house down wham with a tree then I would be able to move on .......but as it is I feel like a hamster in a wheel.....a squeeky one at that ....and I keep thinking if they say the metal deal I have set up to hold the electrical wire off my house they would rat me out to the company that owns my home loan ......I also feel bad because many people lost there homes due to storms and stuff and I want to lose mine ...or get it fixed but not stay in this crazy deal....Thats why I need for Him to fix it or smash it ...not leave it to me to figure out what He wants cause I am not hearing Him very well :rolleyes: I think it boils down to I am hopelessly stupid

Night soon :hug:

IMINXTC
Sep 14th 2008, 07:52 AM
You are anything but stupid and you know the Lord's plans are always good:)

turtledove
Sep 14th 2008, 11:22 AM
Hi Ashley, :hug: sorry to hear about your continued distress. Just want you to know I am praying that God give you guidance in all decisions and peace in the midst of troubles. :pray:

As for God's plan..sometimes it is hard to see or focus on outcomes unknown. But when I go through difficult times I am encouraged by this scripture:

For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

steelerbabe
Sep 14th 2008, 07:19 PM
Ashley, I am sending you a giant hug:hug: I know that feeling of being bone weary because everything is coming against you. I can't tell you how many people have said to me - the Lord must have big plans since you have been through so much. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. Prayers will give you strength as it has sustained me through some of the darkest times in my life. Isn't there someone on this board who does roofing or knows someone? I am lifting you up in prayer for resolution and strength. Please feel free to pm me anytime.

Ashley274
Sep 15th 2008, 06:18 AM
:hug: SFASH, WiseOldOwl and SteelerBabe, thank you for the kind words and scripture .....and prayers ....I am holding on here and doing OK but am tired and just glad the rain has ended..they said we got over 10 inches...we have floods and so on.....more of my flooring is bad.....but I went out today and did the best I could with this day :hug::pray:

BLESS YOU ALL

steelerbabe
Sep 15th 2008, 11:26 AM
Ashley - will continue to pray for you and your needs daily. Feel free to pm me anytime.:D

Marc B
Sep 16th 2008, 02:50 AM
OK now that all the well wishers have sent their regards, if you post your location perhaps some of them that live close enough to you can help out with some sweat equity in fixing up your roof for starters. A new floor is useless without a solid roof to keep it dry. :idea:

Ashley274
Sep 16th 2008, 06:52 AM
:blush: :hug: Thank you SteelerBabe and Marc B The bummer is I need the supplies too so even if I got people to come here and fix the roof (though that is sweet and all I could not expect that of anyone) ..I don't have the stuff to fix it..shingles and tar and wood..that would cost thousands I bet, and then I have to have the electrical issues fixed first... see http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=130462 the pole the electrical wire goes too is on my roof and all around it I think it is leaking... all around that but I dunno...and the roof ..the shingles are odd its almost all gone all flakey and stuff...:hug: