PDA

View Full Version : just another 2nd coming question....

ilovemetal
Sep 13th 2008, 07:10 AM
in acts 1:9-12 it says

9After he [Jesus] said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

but then, in reguards to Jesus comong again the bible says

1 Thessalonians 5:2
for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

so then, i've always thought Jesus would come, like, rapture style, like BOOM we're gone. or will he come from heaven...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:hmm: eh?

dworthington
Sep 13th 2008, 10:11 AM
In my opinion, the rapture is first then the second coming when HE sets His foot on the mount of Olives.

Truthinlove
Sep 13th 2008, 10:34 AM

9After he [Jesus] said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

10They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

so then, i've always thought Jesus would come, like, rapture style, like BOOM we're gone. or will he come from heaven...

Kinda both, He will come from heaven visibly on the clouds and we will be raptured quickly, but it will not be silent or secret.

The rapture happens AT the Day of the Lord! It is the FIRST event of the dotl, you could say the rapture will initiate the dotl, we won't be here for the dotl, but the rapture will happen on the same day that the dotl begins.

The dotl will come as a thief (suddenly and unexpectedly), but only for those in darkness.

Read my blog on the rapture. You can message me any thoughts or questions if you want.

divaD
Sep 13th 2008, 12:51 PM

The day of the Lord is the key phrase here. Even tho I believe that the day of the Lord occurs over time and not as one literal 24 hour day, there is still only one day of the Lord, and not several, such as a pre-trib rapture, then Christ coming back again several years later. IOW, when the day of the Lord begins, it will be a continuous ongoing event. Both salvation and wrath occur within the day of the Lord. This is exactly the way it occured in the days of Noah..both salvation and wrath at pretty much the same time. In Matt 24 Jesus made mention of the days of Noah. Ever heard that phrase "history repeats itself"? The day of the Lord is a good example of history repeating itself, with the days of Noah being that history, except this time it will be done via fire and not via water.

walked
Sep 13th 2008, 12:55 PM
The scripture you referenced uses the example of a thief in the night to show that a thief can not break in and enter a house when the strong man of the house is expecting, watching, waiting for him to break in and enter.

Christ will break in and enter when man is not waiting and watching for Him to enter.
We are waiting and watching for Him today, at least I am.

Christ says He will return as a thief in the night because He will not be being expected to return by men because prior to His return men will be thinking Christ is already with them on earth. A day will come when a false messiah will fall to earth and totally seduce most men walking the earth into believing and worshiping him as the promised messiah, the christ, and so men will no longer be watching and waiting for His return because they have been fooled into thinking he is already with them.

Then He/the true Messiah will return with a big boom but as a thief in the night because He is not expected, watched for or His return being waited on by men.

Richard H
Sep 13th 2008, 02:05 PM
The day of the Lord is the key phrase here. Even tho I believe that the day of the Lord occurs over time and not as one literal 24 hour day, there is still only one day of the Lord, and not several, such as a pre-trib rapture, then Christ coming back again several years later. IOW, when the day of the Lord begins, it will be a continuous ongoing event. Both salvation and wrath occur within the day of the Lord. This is exactly the way it occured in the days of Noah..both salvation and wrath at pretty much the same time. In Matt 24 Jesus made mention of the days of Noah. Ever heard that phrase "history repeats itself"? The day of the Lord is a good example of history repeating itself, with the days of Noah being that history, except this time it will be done via fire and not via water.

Amen!

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 tells us that the dead in Christ rise first. We who are alive and remain (survive) will not precede them. No rapture UNTIL the dead in Christ are raised at the trump of God. The last trump. (1 Corinthians 15:52) The seventh trumpet which Revelation does not specify, but it must be after the sixth trumpet, so that is not before all the trouble starts.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 tells us that the man of lawlessness must be revealed, before we can even expect any rapture.

The great escape clause is a modern concept. It used to bother me that all those other Christians had to endure unto death – yet we get a ticket out of town. It does not jive with scripture saying that those who endure to the end will be saved. (Mat 24:13)(Rev 3:5)

Escapist doctrine will only cause doubts when it does not come to pass – or they are “left behind”. (2 Tim 2:18)

ilovemetal
Sep 13th 2008, 04:07 PM
hey all awsome replies. thanks alot everyone. definatly learning from this one.

holyrokker
Sep 15th 2008, 03:25 AM
1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."

Matthew 24:27 "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

I think this indicates that it will be obvious to all.