PDA

View Full Version : The dominion of Heaven and Earth

Joyfulparousia
Sep 13th 2008, 11:45 AM
When God created on the six days of creation, He created dominions and their subsequent rulers. I.e. He created light on the first day (1:3-5) and divided it from darkness, and then on the 4th day (1:14-19) he created the ruler of that dominion - the sun and moon.

On the second and third day he created a firmament called Heaven (the atmosphere) and separated land and sea; and then on the 5th day he created the rulers of those three realms - birds in the atmosphere, animals on the land, and fish in the sea.

Then on the 6th day God created Adam (man) and gave him dominion over what had previously been made.

Gen 1:26 "The God said, "Let Us made man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion..."

Then on the 7th day God rested (Lord of the sabbath Mt. 12:8); this was because the authority of man was now under God. The Lord created a hierarchy of sorts. The 7th day is to have dominion over the previous 6 days.

At the fall, man forfeited his authority over the dominion of earth to Satan, rather, it was usurped by the Usurper. Man gave the authority of earth to Satan.

Luk 4:6 And the devil said to Him, All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me (by mankind), and I give it to whomever I wish. (comment added)

Through the sin of man, death came - death was the separation of the natural body and the spirit. After the fall, the body would now slowly decay; then the spirit would leave the body to seek another habitation (temple - 1 Cor. 3:16).

1Co 15:21 For since through man came death...

Now there was a need to restore man back to his intended purpose and destiny - to have dominion over the earth. But man could not do this in his fallen state because death had dominion over his temple. God had a redemptive plan in mind - not just to save humanity from sin and decay, but to restore the intended purpose of mankind.

Jesus came to bring life and to restore dominion.

Rev. 1: 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Jesus is alive forevermore; therefore we are alive forevermore. Notice that he says, "I have the keys of Hades and of Death". Jesus took the keys that held dominion over the soul (Hades) and the body (Death). (cf: Mt. 10:28). He became the Firstfruits, and the Firstborn of the Dead. He was the first one to enter back into the authority that had originally been committed to Adam.

Rev. 1:5 …Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.

and,

1 Cor 15:20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

When Christ died as a sinless man, he received unto himself the authority of earth (as a man) and received aindestructible resurrected body (temple) to give leadership, and have dominion, on earth, forever.

1Co 15:21 For since through man came death, through Man also came the resurrection of the dead.

Jesus is the only man that has dual natures. His nature as a sinless man has given him the authority of the earth; His divine nature gives him the authority of heaven.

This is why there was so much contention about the resurrection of Jesus. It was more than simply the unbelief that a spirit could re-enter a body, it was the powers of darkness warring against the understanding that Jesus had put on incorruption (1 Cor 15:42) and could make good on His word that He would indeed come again and take the rulership of the earth as a Man.

Paul received a revelation of this mystery

Eph 1:10 - in the dispensation of the fulllness of times He might gather together all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and on earth - in Him.

John sees Jesus in Revelation chapters 1 & 5 holding the dominion to man's soul (Hades), his body (death), and the title deed of the earth (Rev.5:5-7). What is Jesus going to do with these 3 things?

He is going to receive the rulership that has been committed Him by His Father.

Ps. 2:6, 8-9 I have set My King on My holy hill of Zion...I will give you nations as Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession. You shall rule them with a rod of iron...

Jer. 3:17 At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem.

Dan. 2:24 …the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to the other people; it shall break in pieces and all consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

Joe King
Sep 15th 2008, 05:32 AM
Great post!!! It is a nice break down of things!

Partaker of Christ
Sep 15th 2008, 08:10 PM
Excellent Post!!

I have to ask; Was this God's plan 'B'

Many say that Adam had a 'free will'.
So, was plan 'A' for Adam to eat from the 'Tree of Life', and would that have resulted in 'an immediate all things gathered together in Christ'

Joyfulparousia
Sep 15th 2008, 08:19 PM
Excellent Post!!

I have to ask; Was this God's plan 'B'

Many say that Adam had a 'free will'.
So, was plan 'A' for Adam to eat from the 'Tree of Life', and would that have resulted in 'an immediate all things gathered together in Christ'

I don't know, Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundations of the earth. It had to be in God's plan that Jesus would come to earth, die, and be resurrected before He actually created the world. I believe that plan and intention are 2 different things. God intended to be with mankind forever, but according to His foreknowledge planned what was necessary to for His intention to become manifest for eternity (i.e. man's inability to save himself).

Maybe things were already gathered together. I believe it possible that there was not separation of the natural and the supernatural but this happened after the fall. Some say the garden of Eden actually ascended into the sky and that the tower of Babel was man's attempt to get back to the garden! Now, I don't know how they would support this scripturally but it is interesting to ponder.