PDA

View Full Version : friend badly hurt in a horrible car accident...

CoffeeCat
Sep 13th 2008, 02:04 PM
I just got a call 20 minutes ago. One of my best girlfriends was being driven across her town by her boyfriend early this morning, and somehow he lost control of the car. That's all I know right now. He broke his leg and his arm but he'll be fine..... for whatever reason, she was hurt a lot worse and she's in critical care right now... She took a bad knock to the head and chest and broke ribs, hurt her neck and maybe other things. Her sister's keeping me updated, but no other details yet. I'll update later as I know more. Please just pray for both their families, and all of us who love and care for them...

Thanks

Ravenwspr
Sep 13th 2008, 02:09 PM
Praying for your friends! May Gods peace be on all of you while their needs are looked after

SethElijah
Sep 13th 2008, 02:10 PM
Saying a prayer now.

kayte
Sep 13th 2008, 04:05 PM
Praying.
:pray:

ilovemetal
Sep 13th 2008, 04:13 PM
woah. yes. prayers will be had by me for you CC. for sure.

steelerbabe
Sep 13th 2008, 05:13 PM
Offering prayer of healing and comfort for all involved. Please let us know any updates.

livingwaters
Sep 13th 2008, 08:48 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray:!!!!

CoffeeCat
Sep 14th 2008, 01:45 AM
thanks everyone.

my friend's... hanging in there. She's been drifting in and out of being conscious, and they had to do surgery this morning I guess, after she came in. They don't know the full extent of everything, but they've got the immediate problems taken care of -- some internal bleeding they fixed, ribs, etc. As for her neck and her head.... we'll need to see when she's more alert if she's been affected somehow. My heart's just... so heavy with this. This girl's my 'sister', my best friend. And I don't even have the money to go see her. Not that I could do anything to FIX her.... but I could be there and hold her hand. I'm *this* close to wanting to hitch-hike out there. (Don't worry, I won't... I guess.)

Thanks for your prayers folks. Please pray for her parents too, and her sis, the parents are recently separated but they've had to come together today to deal with this and from what my friend's twin sister said, everyone there's beside themselves.

Ashley274
Sep 14th 2008, 06:09 AM
Awww ((CC)) I am praying for your friend her boyfriend her family and YOU :hug::pray::pray:

Redneck Charger
Sep 14th 2008, 11:27 AM
Jesus.. Please take care of CoffeeCat's friends.. and their families.. Help them cope through this differcult time.. and please keep her safe in surgery..:pray:

Beloved by God
Sep 14th 2008, 02:15 PM
:pray: I am also asking that God give peace to your friend's family, and that her surgeries go well, and that He give you comfort also. :hug: :kiss:

Frances
Sep 14th 2008, 03:49 PM
:pray: for Healing, in whatever way is appropriate, for the injured girl and her family and friends . . .

CoffeeCat
Sep 14th 2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks folks. I know a bit more right now....

- Her neck's hurt because she fell forward against her seatbelt, and the way it was on her, her neck hit the seatbelt so it looks bad and it's bruised, but nothing seems to be broken or fractured, thank God.
- She's more alert and they asked her to try moving her arms and legs, and it hurts to, but she can.
-....Unfortunately, there's a problem with her head, she doesn't recognize ANYONE. Her mom, dad, twin sister, nobody. It's like her memory's gone. And that grieves me quite a bit. I can only pray and hope that it's temporary and that when things heal she'll regain it. But.... even if she can't remember the last 8 years of our friendship, I'll show her and tell her everything I can and start fresh with her because she's my friend and I love her.

*sigh* :pray:-ing...

Thanks, again, those of you praying with me.

Beloved by God
Sep 15th 2008, 12:48 AM
Try not to worry too much, it could just be temporary amnesia. Give her time and we'll keep praying for her.

turtledove
Sep 15th 2008, 02:00 PM
Praying for your friend's continued recovery, return to full consciousness, and good medical care to be given.. And that her family have comfort and peace as they all face this together.

Peace2008
Sep 15th 2008, 03:16 PM
Praying for a full recovery!!!

CoffeeCat
Sep 15th 2008, 10:31 PM
:hug: thank you, and God bless you all. I told her sis that the family had prayers and their family REALLY appreciates it.

TRL1957
Sep 16th 2008, 01:52 AM
I'm praying for your friend's recovery. Praying for you and all concerned.
God bless

thethirdtuttle
Sep 17th 2008, 08:01 PM
Dear Heavenly Father, we come to You right now in the mighty name of Jesus of Nazareth, Son of the living God, and we ask that You would heal, restore, and bring back the memory of CoffeeCat's female friend who was just injured in a terrible automobile accident. Comfort the young lady's boyfriend, family and friends, and let this incident be a catalyst for the beginnings of reconciliation and restoration in her parent's marriage. Heal this young lady fully and completely, and let it be done in such a way that everyone involved, including the medical professionals, would have to conclude that it was a miracle from Your loving and gracious hands. Comfort and encourage CoffeeCat, and let her know that while there is no way for her to physically be present at her good friend's side, her prayers are heard by You and appreciated by everyone affected by this situation. Be with the young lady's boyfriend, Lord, and help him to not beat himself up over what happened. Help him to not give into guilt, shame or condemnation. Help him to know that there are times when things happen to us that are beyond our control, and that the only response we can make that is pleasing to You is to turn to You in complete humility and dependence, knowing that You have everything under control. Lord, help the young lady's twin sister and other family members who are under a great deal of stress at this time be enveloped, surrounded and engulfed by the peace, love and comfort of the Holy Spirit's presence, and give them Your peace which surpasses all understanding. Help them to know that You know exactly what You are doing, even when circumstances want us to think that things are spinning hopelessly out of control. In the mighty and awesome name of Jesus we pray all of these things. Amen and amen!

Yours in Him,

Benjamin

InRecovery
Sep 17th 2008, 08:11 PM
Prayers sent for your friend. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

CoffeeCat
Sep 26th 2008, 11:57 PM
thanks for the prayers, everyone....

Here's what's going on.... she's home from the hospital, been home a few days... physically she's mostly fine... except for her head. She gets bad headaches and nightmares now, and her memory's not coming back the way it should. Sometimes it'll be a bit clear, and the next moment... nothing. The result is that she's had to treat everyone... family, loved ones.... politely like strangers. She had to give up her job, she doesn't see or want to see friends because she doesn't know them most of the time... it's a mess.

I called and spoke with her today. She recognized my voice for a moment (it comes and goes... brief recognition, then bam, gone), got VERY agitated and upset, and told me never to bother her or call her again. This is killing me. This girl's my best friend. I love her dearly. I've spoken with her mom and her sister because I want to visit so much... but it's not a good idea right now apparently. She gets upset so fast, and nobody wants to confuse her worse. She's got appointments and more scans.... but it might just take TIME.

I need to give her over to God and leave her there... I know that. It's like handing a sister over. I trust Him, but... I'm just upset. She doesn't want me talking to her, I can't see her, I miss her horribly, her head's in bad need of healing.... and right now my spirit is hurting. Badly. I don't blame her in the LEAST of course... she needs as much support as she can get and I love her.

Please pray for my friend's healing... and her anxiety... and her family... and me.

Thanks.

Lyndie
Sep 27th 2008, 01:47 AM
I will keep her & her family in prayer.

Beloved by God
Sep 27th 2008, 08:59 PM
...praying that the spirit of God will move in all of your lives.... :hug: