PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Pray for my wife...

Gospel-Witness
Sep 14th 2008, 07:52 PM
My wife and I have been married for over a year, and I do not think there has been a week go by that we have not collided with words. She is a widow from her 1st marriage, and apparently her husband was a complete jerk. I knew about this before we married but I never knew that she would try to take it out on me. She has been on her own for a few years before meeting me and our getting married, but she just doesn't want to give up on the resentment and mean words that she has about men in general, or even me, and it is really having an effect on our marriage.

I love my wife, but I can't keep being insulted and treated like dirt because of something that she went through with another man. I can't even get her to go to church with me at times when she is in one of her "moods" and that hurts me deeply. People at church do notice her not being there and I have sought out counseling for us both, but she doesn't seem interested.

Here is another twist, she suffers from severe depression, and so do I, but the difference between us is that I can take medication for mine, and it seems to work quite well. As for her, she won't take anything and says that all medicines make her sick. I really do not know what to do at this point.....but pray.....and that's what I do every day.

Would you please pray for her (Denise) and me (Don) because we both desperately need it. :help:

Thank you and God bless you!!

livingwaters
Sep 14th 2008, 08:14 PM
:pray::pray:ing for you both!!!

God Bless!!!:)

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 14th 2008, 08:31 PM
My wife and I have been married for over a year, and I do not think there has been a week go by that we have not collided with words. She is a widow from her 1st marriage, and apparently her husband was a complete jerk. I knew about this before we married but I never knew that she would try to take it out on me. She has been on her own for a few years before meeting me and our getting married, but she just doesn't want to give up on the resentment and mean words that she has about men in general, or even me, and it is really having an effect on our marriage.

I love my wife, but I can't keep being insulted and treated like dirt because of something that she went through with another man. I can't even get her to go to church with me at times when she is in one of her "moods" and that hurts me deeply. People at church do notice her not being there and I have sought out counseling for us both, but she doesn't seem interested.

Here is another twist, she suffers from severe depression, and so do I, but the difference between us is that I can take medication for mine, and it seems to work quite well. As for her, she won't take anything and says that all medicines make her sick. I really do not know what to do at this point.....but pray.....and that's what I do every day.

Would you please pray for her (Denise) and me (Don) because we both desperately need it. :help:

Thank you and God bless you!!

Praying! I know, all too well how wounding words can be :cry: My heart goes out to the both of you.

I will pray that she desire healing from her past and that she realizes just how destructive her words are to you...

IMINXTC
Sep 14th 2008, 10:12 PM
Will keep your marriage (Denise and Don) as a part of our daily group prayer.

Beloved by God
Sep 15th 2008, 12:53 AM
... :pray: ....

Redneck Charger
Sep 15th 2008, 09:39 AM
Jesus.. I ask for prayer in Denise and Don.. Please help Denise get the help she needs.. and please place the love in these two for the day they got married.. Please Jesus.. take care of this couple and help them reunite..:pray:

turtledove
Sep 15th 2008, 02:03 PM
God, please help Denise and Don in their marriage problems. :pray: In the Name of Jesus. <><

Frances
Sep 15th 2008, 05:28 PM
:pray: that Denise will be confronted with the realisation of, and repentance for, how her unforgiveness is destroying her marriage with Don, and that he will be strengthened in his distressful situation. . .