PDA

View Full Version : I stopped resisting...

Gospel-Witness
Sep 14th 2008, 08:42 PM
I had long been resisting the truth of God when one day I just said "not anymore" and stopped running away from God and turned my life over to God. My heart exploded with enthusiasm and faith, and it wasn't long after that when my faith led me to put on Christ in baptism. I felt that I was on cloud nine, and I have always known from that point on that it isn't just words on paper....it isn't just some story in a book....it's a real life changing, spirit filling experience that comes from opening up your heart to God.

My faith has dwindled at times over the years since 1976 because like many people I got caught up in the world, but I still have that keen awareness that God is always there and I can rely on the mercy and grace that He has shown me through Jesus Christ. I've repented of my worldliness and have returned to Christ with the honesty and simplicity that brought me to Him in the first place, and I haven't looked back since. :pp

livingwaters
Sep 14th 2008, 08:53 PM
Praise the Lord....We do serve an awesome God....Alleluia:pp

Seeker of truth
Sep 15th 2008, 01:24 PM
Aren't you glad you stopped resisting? :) There is nothing like the feeling of loving the Lord :)