PDA

View Full Version : Suffering for Christ

moskal
Sep 15th 2008, 01:35 AM
James 1:2-3 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Many times we do and will face trials. We will go through hard times. This does not mean God has deserted us. He is always with us. He allows us to face trials so that we will learn and grow. He tests our faith so that we will be complete and mature. God teaches us through our trials and He allows our trust to grow in Him through them. Our trust would never grow if we did not ever need to trust Him.

Equipped_4_Love
Sep 15th 2008, 02:57 AM
James 1:2-3 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Many times we do and will face trials. We will go through hard times. This does not mean God has deserted us. He is always with us. He allows us to face trials so that we will learn and grow. He tests our faith so that we will be complete and mature. God teaches us through our trials and He allows our trust to grow in Him through them. Our trust would never grow if we did not ever need to trust Him.

Absolutely!!!!

There are also times when He lifts His presence from us in order that we may "walk by faith, and not by sight." Truthfully, it is these times that are harder for me than the times where God puts us through trials......I can deal with tragedy and sorrow in my life, but one thing I have a very hard time dealing with is the loss of intimacy and closeness with the Lord.....even so, I must trust that He is near.

crossnote
Sep 15th 2008, 04:51 AM
Perhaps also it is during times of ease and prosperity we tend to drift from the Lord. Trials come that we may be purged to trust God also in the fat seasons.

graceforme
Sep 15th 2008, 11:11 AM
Absolutely!!!!

There are also times when He lifts His presence from us in order that we may "walk by faith, and not by sight." Truthfully, it is these times that are harder for me than the times where God puts us through trials......I can deal with tragedy and sorrow in my life, but one thing I have a very hard time dealing with is the loss of intimacy and closeness with the Lord.....even so, I must trust that He is near.

Does God lift his presence from us? I think it's more like when we are going through hard times, we have a tendency to dwell on ourselves, and our own situation, rather than on God? If we lose intimacy and closeness with the Lord, it's probably because we have moved away.

Just a thought.

Gospel-Witness
Sep 15th 2008, 05:05 PM
Does God lift his presence from us? I think it's more like when we are going through hard times, we have a tendency to dwell on ourselves, and our own situation, rather than on God? If we lose intimacy and closeness with the Lord, it's probably because we have moved away.

Just a thought.

I think you're right....Christ is always there for us, and it is according to our faith that He helps us during these trying times. If we don't approach Him as Lord and King of our life when we seek Him then it's doubtful that He will respond to us in a manner that we will recognize. We must always face our trials with faith in Christ and believe with all of our heart that He is there for us, just as He said "I am with you always, even until the ends of the world."

graceforme
Sep 16th 2008, 12:48 AM
I think you're right....Christ is always there for us, and it is according to our faith that He helps us during these trying times. If we don't approach Him as Lord and King of our life when we seek Him then it's doubtful that He will respond to us in a manner that we will recognize. We must always face our trials with faith in Christ and believe with all of our heart that He is there for us, just as He said "I am with you always, even until the ends of the world."

I think about Adam and Eve. Even when they had sinned so willingly, did God turn his back on them, or "lift his presence " from them? No, he didn't. He went searching for them, providing a covering for them. They still had to suffer the consequences of their sin, just like we do, but God still provided for them.

When I "miss the mark" and feel like I want to hide from God, I remember Adam and Eve, and how he went to find them. Isn't God good?

Have a wonderful, Christ-filled day.