PDA

View Full Version : Verse Help

rach04
Sep 15th 2008, 01:55 AM
Hello,

I am new to this forum, and didnt know where to post my question, so I decided to post here in the Anything Goes....

I have a loved one, who has recently been battling drug and alcohol addiction. He (in his own words) has finally realized that all the stuff he's been doing isnt good, and that he shouldnt be doing it, and that he know's he's fallen away from God. I've tried talking to him, telling him that no matter what he does, God will forgive him. However whenever he does something "bad", he feels like he doesnt deserve God's forgiveness. He wants to start going back to church, but feels that with all the "bad" things he's been doing, that he doesnt deserve to be at church.

I was wondering if someone could give me some verses, where it says that no matter what the sin, God will forgive you, etc.

Any help would be great.

Thank you!!

1of7000
Sep 15th 2008, 02:05 AM
IJohn has some gems, and it it delivered in a tender and comforting manner.

livingword26
Sep 15th 2008, 02:17 AM
Mat 18:20-22
(20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
(21) Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
(22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Joh 5:24
(24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

1Jo 1:8-9
(8) If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 2:1-2
(1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Isa 54:7-10
(7) For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
(8) In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
(9) For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
(10) For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.