PDA

View Full Version : "but Daddy, I'm a good rower"

Big T
Sep 15th 2008, 03:15 AM
Saturday was a company picnic at a private beach in Newport's upper back ba, in So. Cal.

There were kayaks there, for the kayak race. Liana saw these and wanted to go out on one. I mean reall really wanted to. She was very annoying about it. But this comment killed us.

"But daddy, I'm a good rower."

Really? Hmm, I did not know that my child was so proficient in the art of displacing water and generating forward movement with a blade of plastic. Heck, I didn't even know she knew that she could use the word 'rower' correctly. (this does not bode well as it could be an early symptom of her becoming an English major)

Well, daddy took her out and paddled for about a mile or so, then started to head back and I asked, "Are you ready to go back?" To which she replied "No." Of course not. She's not the one rowing, even though she professed a natural ability to do so.

That was a real fun thing to do. I loved taking her around all the big 140' yachts parked in front of their homes as if they were a car.

IPet2_9
Sep 15th 2008, 05:21 PM
Hee hee hee....the minute someone says they're a good rower with respect to kayaks, you instantly know they are NOT a good rower. Kayaking is a completely different stroke.

It can also make for a funny situation where ryou ow out until you're all tuckered out--and then realize you have to row back. :) Oops. That's usually not a problem with kayaking though. If you paddle the right way, using your obliques, you can go all day without getting tired.

sunney4
Sep 15th 2008, 05:34 PM
LOL! Cute story T.

Whats wrong with being an english major! I did it and I lived :)

Big T
Sep 15th 2008, 06:23 PM
Hee hee hee....the minute someone says they're a good rower with respect to kayaks, you instantly know they are NOT a good rower. Kayaking is a completely different stroke.
It's all rowing to a 4 year old. LOL

Big T
Sep 15th 2008, 06:24 PM
LOL! Cute story T.

Whats wrong with being an english major! I did it and I lived :)Umm, NOTHING, there is nothing wrong with being an english major. (says the non-mod to the mod)

sunney4
Sep 15th 2008, 06:39 PM
Hahhahahahahahha

Ta-An
Sep 15th 2008, 06:46 PM
Would you prefer her to major in American rather English :lol:

Big T
Sep 17th 2008, 01:38 AM
Would you prefer her to major in American rather English :lol:
LOL, yes. There are more jobs in that field.

stillforgiven
Sep 17th 2008, 01:42 AM
Saturday was a company picnic at a private beach in Newport's upper back ba, in So. Cal.

There were kayaks there, for the kayak race. Liana saw these and wanted to go out on one. I mean reall really wanted to. She was very annoying about it. But this comment killed us.

"But daddy, I'm a good rower."

Awww. That's so cute.

Umm, NOTHING, there is nothing wrong with being an english major. (says the non-mod to the mod)

:rofl::rofl: