PDA

View Full Version : Woman Survives Killer Blood Clots; Miracle Recovery Baffles Doctors

moonglow
Sep 16th 2008, 12:50 AM
Heart Tumor Led to Massive Stroke, Clots Throughout Body (http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5444704&page=1)

I am posting this on the apologetics forum because I know we get asked many times where are the miracles today. I think its a miracle the news even reported it! Two miracles in one! I saw this on the ABC world news this evening. A young lady pass out in her apartment and suffered stroke after stroke due to a tumor in her heart and was declared a vegetable by the doctors and wanted her mother to sign a "Do Not Resuscitate" order. Her mother refused and began praying for her...got her church to pray and they ended up with many, many other churches praying for her full recovery too. you have to read the whole story at the link to realize how very bad this was. They thought she would lose her legs due to poor circulation due to the strokes...she was also paralyzed on one side...surgery once it came was long and complicated. But praise the Lord she did have a complete and full recovery. There is a video on there too.

God bless

moonglow
Sep 16th 2008, 02:47 AM
Oh...I should have said...feel free to discuss..or add your own stories or news links of stories like this...

I think the hardest question in events like this is why does God heal some but not others? That question is especially hard for those who have lost someone...it can actually hurt them to read stories like these and cause a struggle inside too. We know all are spiritually healed and given life in Christ, but there are too many scriptures showing not everyone is healed physically for a variety of reasons. I think as simple as this sounds ..for some its just their time to go on. I don't think there is any mystery about it at all as the bible says there is a season for everything. Their life, long or short was enough. To us, from our point of view, many times the length of their life never seems to be long enough...but I don't image that is how God sees it otherwise no one would die until they reached a certain age as He can set that time as He see fit. Image if everyone would live until age 30...then people could die at any time after that...but before that they couldn't die. In this sin fallen world...reminding everyone of that...what if that person was in horrible pain from some disease starting at age 10! But couldn't die until age 30? That would be a living nightmare for everyone involved. Then people would be asking the opposite question...why Lord do they have to live so long?! Especially in some awful state...crushed under a building that fell in an earthquake...trapped on a sunken boat in the ocean...image...ok don't ...its terrible. Some things are worse then death...

Of course the question then is why does suffering happen at all? Why have diseases, or strokes, or heart attacks, or natural disasters...again because people..namely Adam and Eve (and we followed suit) rebelled and didn't want God running things...thinking we could do it all ourselves. And sin entered the world...which meant we welcomed disease, and strokes, and bombs and earthquakes...whatever the case may be.

As pityful as this world is...disasters around any corner...MOST of the time everything is ok...(not by anything we are doing though!) most of the time people aren't sick or hurt ..most of the time no major earthquakes are happening...most of the time no really bad things are going on. I got to thinking about that when I was watching the rides at the fair this past week. I kept imaging how God must see us. First I thought is He looking down at this fair and seeing us all tiny and small running our little entertainment things. Then I thought well since He is everywhere, He can see it that way but He is right down here with us. Seeing each person walking around and knowing their thoughts, their hearts...

Then I started looking at the game set up and noticing all the hinges and figuring out how they break them down to haul to the next state...and how easily these things come apart to do that...and that thought was a tad bit scary! Especially when your kid is on one of those rides! I started seeing the ladders, the cables, the duck tape on some of these...oh my...why are these things even working right! We are a bunch of ants trying to run things way too big and too dangerous for us...yet..most of the time nothing breaks and no one gets hurt. Why is that? Are we that smart and able to manage things on our own? I don't think so...not when major banks and even the government loses millions of ID's of people...:rolleyes:

I think its literally God's hands on us holding everything together... and I mean everything. I think most of the time those tornado's miss major cities for a reason...I think most of the time those that should be having heart attacks, don't for a reason, I think most of the time cars don't smack each other is for a reason cause we really are awful drivers! And I think the reason these fair rides don't fall apart...most of the time is for a reason too. We are like little children running around building lego's and our Father is putting His invisable hand on it to keep it from falling over when everything says it should! Just like any good Father would do. Though sometimes we push a bit too far and Dad has to let it fall anyway...

(these are my rambling in need of sleep thoughts for today)

God bless

IPet2_9
Sep 16th 2008, 05:21 AM
I think the hardest question in events like this is why does God heal some but not others?

I know this much: if God always answered prayer (at least, in the way we thought it should be...), no one would be dead.

moonglow
Sep 16th 2008, 02:57 PM
I know this much: if God always answered prayer (at least, in the way we thought it should be...), no one would be dead.

True! Then we would have to stop having children (probably thousands of years ago) as the earth would literally run out of room for us all! Image a world with no children in it...what a sad world that would be...

The phrase by his stripes we were healed, was never meant to be taken as all would be totally physically healed!

1 Peter 2
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 “ Who committed no sin,
Nor was deceit found in His mouth”;

23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

The Adam Clarke Commentary (http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=1pe&chapter=002)
By whose stripes ye were healed.
The apostle refers here to Isaiah 53:4-6; and he still keeps the case of these persecuted servants in view, and encourages them to suffer patiently by the example of Christ, who was buffeted and scourged, and who bore all this that the deep and inveterate wounds, inflicted on their souls by sin, might be healed.

God bless