PDA

View Full Version : He's Dying..

Ayala
Sep 17th 2008, 02:30 AM
My grandpa is dying. I knew it was bad when I found out that he was actually convinced to go to the hospital the other day. He has liver cancer...with a mass over half the size of the liver itself. Nothing can be done at this point...He's back home, starting up hospice today. He has almost no muscle mass left to speak of...he doesn't eat and barely drinks. His communicative abilities are almost completely gone. Seeing him today ripped my heart to shreds. I'll be back over there tomorrow but I dunno how I'm gonna keep myself together in front him if he gets any worse. The nurse believes him to be on the edge of death. What eats me alive is that I never was able to speak with him about Christ...and now there's no real way for me to convey much of anything to him. So with all I have, I ask you to pray for him. Grandma said that long ago, he was a catholic. The knowledge of Christ is in there somewhere. So please...Pray that in these last days of his, the Lord would remind him of the sacrifice that was made on the cross for his salvation..

livingwaters
Sep 17th 2008, 02:48 AM
I'm really sorry to hear this....well, maybe he can't communicate, but that shouldn't stop you from praying the "sinners' prayer" with him. Maybe he can hear, I don't know, but, just tell him to recite in his head...If he's not conscious, speak it aloud to him, anyway...it's been said that people can hear in their subconscious. We aren't God, so we don't know. Just the knowledge of Christ won't get you to Heaven...It's the invitation, from each of us, for Christ to come into our hearts and be our Lord and Savior. We have to repent of our sins, and ask for forgiveness of our sins and acknowledge that Christ is the Son of God, HE was crucified, died, and was buried. On the third day, he was resurrrected and sits at the right hand of the Father. That what get's you to Heaven. We can't do it for someone else!!!!

As a former Catholic, I knew who God and Jesus were....I was taught that if you were a good person, and didn't sin too badly and got baptized as a baby.....then, you were going to Heaven....no one told me that I had to sincerely invite Jesus into my heart...Well, as John 14:6 says, Jesus talking, "I am the way, the truth, and the life...no one comes to the Father, but through me."

So, that' why I'm suggesting you pray that prayer aloud...Wonderful, if he can repeat with you, but, as I said, if he can't, then, maybe he can recite in his head....Amen....

You know, for everything there is a season...But, I believe, that if God wants him healed, he WILL be healed...After all, Jesus paid for all of our diesease with HIS stripes at Calvary...So, no matter, sometimes what doctors say, they have been wrong before and there have been miracles!!!!!! Keep your faith....Do the very best that you can in this time of sorrow. Just know, that God is right by your side. Lean on HIM!!!!:hug:

God Bless you and your family!!!:hug:

Ayala
Sep 17th 2008, 02:54 AM
He can't hear much of anything.. All I really can do is pray that he comes to accept Christ in his heart if he hasn't.

And thanks.

IMINXTC
Sep 17th 2008, 03:14 AM
Sorry about your grampa JerAyala! We will make it a point in our daily group prayer to remember you and will pray that the Holy Spirit will confront him about his salvation and the person of Christ. (if it hasn't happened already).

Rickardo
Sep 17th 2008, 03:41 AM
My grandpa is dying. I knew it was bad when I found out that he was actually convinced to go to the hospital the other day. He has liver cancer...with a mass over half the size of the liver itself. Nothing can be done at this point...He's back home, starting up hospice today. He has almost no muscle mass left to speak of...he doesn't eat and barely drinks. His communicative abilities are almost completely gone. Seeing him today ripped my heart to shreds. I'll be back over there tomorrow but I dunno how I'm gonna keep myself together in front him if he gets any worse. The nurse believes him to be on the edge of death. What eats me alive is that I never was able to speak with him about Christ...and now there's no real way for me to convey much of anything to him. So with all I have, I ask you to pray for him. Grandma said that long ago, he was a catholic. The knowledge of Christ is in there somewhere. So please...Pray that in these last days of his, the Lord would remind him of the sacrifice that was made on the cross for his salvation..
Sorry to hear about your grandpa...I'll be praying for you both. Please pray with him and speak to him about Christ. Don't give up that hope though he may seem to be in an uncoscious state.

Ashley274
Sep 17th 2008, 05:15 AM
I am praying for your grandpa too and for your whole family :hug::pray::pray:

Redneck Charger
Sep 17th 2008, 10:04 AM
Jesus.. Please hear my prayers for this Grampa.. and his family.. Please Jesus.. :pray::pray:

Roelof
Sep 19th 2008, 09:24 AM
Dear Father in Heaven

You showed me personally many miraculous healings of Jesus Christ. If it is Your will, please heal this grandpa from his cancer.

But knowing this, the crowds followed Him. And He received them and spoke to them of the kingdom of God, and He healed those who had need of healing. (Luk 9:11)

I also pray that the Holy Spirit will convey the salvation and love of Jesus Christ to this grandfather.

In the powerful Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Ayala
Sep 20th 2008, 01:39 AM
He accepted Christ...

There are no words for how happy I am right now.

abidinglife
Sep 20th 2008, 01:46 AM
Oh gosh that's cool. Words cannot describe the feeling i have now.

Father thank youu for your greatest love lavished upon us. Thank you for your love which covers over all our sins. In Christ's name, Amen.

karenoka27
Sep 20th 2008, 01:49 AM
Praise God Jeremy!Now you can let him rest in our Father's hands.:hug:

Ayala
Sep 21st 2008, 03:32 AM
He's not gonna last much longer. Doubtful he'll make it past the weekend. I keep telling myself not to worry because I'll see him against someday. But as the time draws closer, I still can't help but break down inside. He had no blood ties to me but he took care of me just like I was his own. I couldn't have had a better grandfather than him.

He's slipped into sleep and he most likely won't wake up again...But I'll never forget the last thing he told me...

"I love you Jer."

IMINXTC
Sep 21st 2008, 03:58 AM
Wonderful news Jerayala! Praise the Lord for your gramps salvation... thank you as well for being there for him.

CoffeeCat
Sep 21st 2008, 04:19 AM
Oh Jeremy :hug: I'm so glad he's with Christ... and so glad he was able to convey his love for you.... and that you have a lifetime of memories of him, and a wonderful example of a great man for a grandpa... I am praying for you and your family. :hug: :pray:

Roelof
Sep 22nd 2008, 12:32 PM
He accepted Christ...

I praise the Holy Spirit !!!

Ayala
Sep 23rd 2008, 08:37 PM
Bye grandpa. See you again someday.

Born- August 14, 1928
Died- September 23, 2008

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 23rd 2008, 09:29 PM
Bye grandpa. See you again someday.

Born- August 14, 1928
Died- September 23, 2008

Jeremy,

No words can express the sorrow that fills my heart as I read this from you...

I am so very sorry :cry: Death is a horrible thing and so sad :cry:

Gentle hugs to you, (((Jeremy))) I wish I could be there in person to help you during this difficult time...

turtledove
Sep 23rd 2008, 09:59 PM
May God's comfort and peace be there in abundance for you and all who will miss your grandpa.

My heartfelt prayers for you, Jeremy. :pray:

Lyndie
Sep 23rd 2008, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Jeremy. I'll keep you in my prayers.

moonglow
Sep 23rd 2008, 10:04 PM
1 Thessalonians 4

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

My thoughts and prayers are with you...

God Bless

CoffeeCat
Sep 23rd 2008, 11:02 PM
:hug: Jeremy :hug:

Praying for you and your family.

karenoka27
Sep 23rd 2008, 11:22 PM
:hug:Keeping you in prayer Jeremy, your family as well.

livingwaters
Sep 24th 2008, 03:30 AM
:pray:Prayers going up for you and your family...May God, our Heavenly Father comfort you in these times of sorrow...We have to remember, life is but a vapor....that's why we are told: this is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice in it!!!! Also, HE doesn't promise us tomorrow!!! My heartfelt compassion goes out to you.

God Bless:hug::hug:

Roelof
Sep 24th 2008, 05:51 AM
Jeremy

May the Holy Spirit comfort you and your family

IMINXTC
Sep 24th 2008, 06:15 AM
We're with you Jer, on the loss of your gramps. We rejoice in his very timely salvation...Praise the Lord!

Ayala
Sep 27th 2008, 03:05 AM
I just wanted to thank you guys who've been praying for me and my family. I really appreciate it.

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 27th 2008, 03:26 AM
I just wanted to thank you guys who've been praying for me and my family. I really appreciate it.

Double hugs to you, (((Jeremy)))

:hug: :hug:

phares
Sep 29th 2008, 05:36 PM
thanking G*d for your Grandpa accepting Christ, and for his salvation and may blessings come your way for your devotion :pray:

phares
Sep 29th 2008, 05:40 PM
(im posting again because i dont think it went through)... thanking G*d for your grandpas salvation and praying for blessings for you because of your devotion :pray:

Jamesmason1984
Oct 15th 2008, 04:46 PM
~Lifting You and your Family up in prayer~

Remember Jesus Overcame Death......Your Grandfather is at Home with His Father......~God is Surely Good~

~God is an:pray: Awesome God~

daughter
Oct 15th 2008, 04:54 PM
He accepted Christ...

Thank you God, thank you Jesus.

Oh, that's wonderful...

daughter
Oct 15th 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm sorry, just finished reading this thread, and I'm tearful, but rejoicing with you that your Granda is in heaven. You will see him again one day... and what a beautiful loving God we serve. I'm so glad that your Grandfather was saved, and that the last words you heard from him were of love. Jesus Christ really has defeated death, and taken the sting out of it. Praise Him.

Evangelist Smith
Oct 15th 2008, 07:59 PM
Bless your heart brother and may the Lord comfort and strengthen you on every side....And thank God that it was not to late for your grandpa..Thank God..

In Christ
Evang.dare