PDA

View Full Version : Animals Attacking Humans during Tribulation?

Joe King
Sep 18th 2008, 04:12 AM
I was watching "Revealing Bible Prophecy" with Grant Jeffrey. I don't remember what scripture he used to bring this up, but he believes that during the tribulation the animal kingdom will attack mankind and basically the covenant between animals and humans removed.

That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 18th 2008, 04:44 AM
I was watching "Revealing Bible Prophecy" with Grant Jeffrey. I don't remember what scripture he used to bring this up, but he believes that during the tribulation the animal kingdom will attack mankind and basically the covenant between animals and humans removed.

That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.I have thought for a long time that Grant Jeffrey goes off the deep end every now and then. His book, "Armageddon: Appointment with Destiny" was a comedy of false prophecy.

IPet2_9
Sep 18th 2008, 04:57 AM
No, our pets are gonna cooperate all right. Cause we'll be short on food--if they don't obey, we'll be having Spot and Rufus hamburgers for dinner tonight. :rofl:

cdo
Sep 18th 2008, 05:13 AM
:eek:
I have read many times about the (4) that will also come against us.I don't recall the verse at this time. But I do believe our animals will turn against us again and alot of it is already happening.Even though they were included in the curse at the time of Adam and Eve and men have tryed to train them and those will come to.
Just my thought,
in Christ,Darlene:)

Joe King
Sep 18th 2008, 05:16 AM
No, our pets are gonna cooperate all right. Cause we'll be short on food--if they don't obey, we'll be having Spot and Rufus hamburgers for dinner tonight. :rofl:

They may put up more of a fight this time though:lol:

Literalist-Luke
Sep 18th 2008, 05:25 AM
They may put up more of a fight this time though:lol:Nah, just whip out the chloroform. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/heh-1.gif

Raybob
Sep 18th 2008, 06:03 AM

That is the first time I heard of this. There were other IMHO "oddities" that I heard in his teaching that I don't agree with but this one really stuck out for me.

It sounds like Grant Jeffrey must not believe God's word or that God might somehow take back a promise.:hmm:

Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

For Grant to be correct, God should have added something like "...oh, only until the last days and then I'll change my mind".:rofl:
Raybob

IPet2_9
Sep 18th 2008, 06:16 AM
For Grant to be correct, God should have added something like "...oh, only until the last days and then I'll change my mind".

That would not be the most outlandish thing I ever heard, though. We already have 7 dispensations. That's got the covenants changing all over the place.

wombat
Sep 19th 2008, 01:14 PM
Hi, everyone! Perhaps the verse Grant Jeffrey is referring to (I don't know for sure, since I didn't see the program mentioned in the original post) is Revelation 6:8. "And I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green like a corpse. And Death was the name of its rider, who was followed around by the Grave. They were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals."

David Taylor
Sep 19th 2008, 01:21 PM

Thanks,
Just another reminder why I want to avoid endtime sensationalists like Grant Jeffrey. It amazes me the bologna people try to peddle these days in order to sell a novel or book and make a buck at the expense of the Bible. I guess it's the modern-version of the money-changer tents inside the temple.

"Buy my new book, and I'll reveal new prophetic mysteries about the end time to you that God has sealed up until just today by my hand..."

No thanks.

Joe King
Sep 19th 2008, 01:21 PM
Hi, everyone! Perhaps the verse Grant Jeffrey is referring to (I don't know for sure, since I didn't see the program mentioned in the original post) is Revelation 6:8. "And I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green like a corpse. And Death was the name of its rider, who was followed around by the Grave. They were given authority over one-fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword and famine and disease and wild animals."

That's the one!

RevLogos
Sep 20th 2008, 01:04 AM

I thought of that verse today when I read this article linked below. People in a small town are seeing cougars stalking around at night, when theoretically there shouldn't be any.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ap/20080919/twl-ghost-cats-1be00ca.html

I have heard people use this verse to say animals will rise up and start attacking humans in the last days. Not sure I buy it. But then again, in Romans 8:19-22 Paul writes that all of creation is suffering in this fallen world with us, eagerly waiting to be freed from the bondage of decay.

Joe King
Sep 20th 2008, 02:49 AM
I thought of that verse today when I read this article linked below. People in a small town are seeing cougars stalking around at night, when theoretically there shouldn't be any.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/ap/20080919/twl-ghost-cats-1be00ca.html

I have heard people use this verse to say animals will rise up and start attacking humans in the last days. Not sure I buy it. But then again, in Romans 8:19-22 Paul writes that all of creation is suffering in this fallen world with us, eagerly waiting to be freed from the bondage of decay.

I can see why they would be more than angry with us:lol:

Chondram
Sep 20th 2008, 11:01 PM

One thing to keep in mind...during the Trib period, there is going to be severe drought and famine. With VERY limited food/water just for humans, the animals will naturally seek people to attack and eat.

In Revelation, 9:5, 6, we read, "And their torment was as the torment of a scorpion when he striketh a man; and in those days shall men seek death and shall not find it: and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

I'll keep my eyes open about the Bible speaking of animals attacking humans.:confused

Literalist-Luke
Sep 21st 2008, 12:02 AM
One thing to keep in mind...during the Trib period, there is going to be severe drought and famine. With VERY limited food/water just for humans, the animals will naturally seek people to attack and eat.

In Revelation, 9:5, 6, we read, "And their torment was as the torment of a scorpion when he striketh a man; and in those days shall men seek death and shall not find it: and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

I'll keep my eyes open about the Bible speaking of animals attacking humans.:confusedI can agree that, based on the Scriptures offered in this thread, there will be an increase in animal attacks on humans during the Tribulation (if not even before). However, this idea of a "covenant" between animals and humans is a non-Biblical fantasy. There's no such thing. The closest thing to one would be the Noahaic Covenant, just after the Genesis Flood, when God revealed the rainbow. But never does the Lord say anything about there being a "covenant" between animals and humans.

dan
Sep 30th 2008, 04:13 AM
I can agree that, based on the Scriptures offered in this thread, there will be an increase in animal attacks on humans during the Tribulation (if not even before). However, this idea of a "covenant" between animals and humans is a non-Biblical fantasy. There's no such thing. The closest thing to one would be the Noahaic Covenant, just after the Genesis Flood, when God revealed the rainbow. But never does the Lord say anything about there being a "covenant" between animals and humans.

By the way, California outlawed the use of dogs for cougar hunting in 1989, if I recall correctly. Ten years later we had the first fatal cougar attack in 100 years, if my source is correct.

third hero
Sep 30th 2008, 04:17 AM

Believe it or not, I happen to believe that animals will attack humans.... except that I believe that it will happen LONG BEFORE the Great Tribulation.

I believe that when the fourth seal is broken, the seal when Death and hell ride forth and posess 1/4 of the earth, animals and humas will end up becoming posessed, and they will kill each other for no reason. The only catch is that I believe that this will be limited to areas of the world t hat will add up to be 1/4 of the world. This seal will end up creating areas of the earth that I will call, "The Accursed Lands".

BTW, I have never heard of the man that you mentioned, or the prophecy that he stated.

third hero
Sep 30th 2008, 04:20 AM

WHOA!!! That's the Greek! (It is also the correct translation of that verse). I know that when I was reading the OP, that's what I thought of instantly.

RevLogos
Sep 30th 2008, 05:31 PM

There is another verse that suggests this which I had forgotten. The four terrible judgments includes wild animals.

Eze 14:21 "For this is what the sovereign LORD says: How much worse will it be when I send my four terrible judgments sword, famine, wild animals, and plague to Jerusalem to kill both people and animals!

cdo
Oct 1st 2008, 12:30 AM
Right on it !!!! Revolvr.....

Michael Kelley
Jun 13th 2011, 05:40 AM
REVELATION 6:8, "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with THE BEASTS OF THE EARTH."

ENOCH 86:4-6, "And I looked at them and saw, and behold they all let out their privy members, like horses, and began to cover the cows of the oxen, and they all became pregnant and bare elephants, camels, and asses. And all the oxen feared them and were affrighted at them, and BEGAN TO BITE WITH THEIR TEETH and to devour, and to gore with their horns. And they began, moreover, to devour those oxen; and behold ALL THE CHILDREN OF THE EARTH BEGAN TO TREMBLE and quake before them AND TO FLEE FROM THEM."

Also, another "the beasts of the earth" could entail Transhumanism as well which we know is going on. Here's a lecture by Tom Horn on the subject:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dz1LNUg6zw&playnext=1&list=PLF3AC97F1CCC8BDCB