PDA

View Full Version : Technology during the millennium?

Richard H
Sep 18th 2008, 06:12 AM
Do you think there will be technology during the millennium?

Zechariah 14:16,17 says:
And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

So people will need to travel (even across the sea) to Jerusalem to worship during the Feast of Tabernacles. How will they get there? :hmm:

IPet2_9
Sep 18th 2008, 06:20 AM
You betcha! And Arizona is gonna be key to the Millennium, because they're gonna be supplying all of our solar power!

Richard H
Sep 18th 2008, 06:28 AM
You betcha! And Arizona is gonna be key to the Millennium, because they're gonna be supplying all of our solar power!

LOL :lol: I do live in the "valley of the Sun".

I'm just wondering if I should back up everything for later. Heehee

IPet2_9
Sep 18th 2008, 06:47 AM
That would be like re-recording your records onto CD. You can, but...why would you want to?

What may make more sense is to get American Airlines to put in a clause that says, "In the event of the end of the world, we will still honor your frequent flier miles." That would help for those Jerusalem trips. I'm sure AA would have no problem with that if you just ask.

Richard H
Sep 18th 2008, 06:57 AM
That would be like re-recording your records onto CD. You can, but...why would you want to?

What may make more sense is to get American Airlines to put in a clause that says, "In the event of the end of the world, we will still honor your frequent flier miles." That would help for those Jerusalem trips. I'm sure AA would have no problem with that if you just ask.

LOL

I've heard that some airline (AA I think) only allows one Christian pilot per flight in the event of sudden rapture. :rofl:

I need to back up my computer again. If we don't have computers, I'll be out of a job. :(

No. Seriously. Will we have to go back to sailboats and horse and buggy?

IPet2_9
Sep 18th 2008, 04:09 PM
Seriously, my leaning is not even premill. But if there is a Millennium, I'm sure we will be starting all over, but yet far more advanced than where we left off. The Tribulation will have torn down the earth so much, and New Jerusalem will change so many things, it's just a completely new ballgame.

David Taylor
Sep 18th 2008, 04:40 PM
Do you think there will be technology during the millennium?

My iPhone, Magnavox, and Dell seem to think there is.

So people will need to travel (even across the sea) to Jerusalem to worship during the Feast of Tabernacles. How will they get there? :hmm:

Read John 4:10-24 and John 7:2-39 to properly interpret the fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles the way Jesus explained it.

Jesus didn't postpone the fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles forward 2000+ years as some like to do with it. Zechariah 14 spans the intra-advent period(doesn't wait until its over); and focuses on Christ's accomplishments using symbolic imagery.

Jesus did stand on the Mt of Olives.
Jesus did have multitudes coming with Him.
Jesus did witness the nations of the earth come against him.
Jesus did turn the light to darkness.
Jesus did cause the mountains to be laid low, and the crooked straight.
Jesus did cause living water to pour out for all men.
Jesus name did become the name of the Lord throughout all nations.
Jesus did cause worship in Jerusalem(the one from above) to occur for all nations.

Richard H
Sep 18th 2008, 04:43 PM
Seriously, my leaning is not even premill. But if there is a Millennium, I'm sure we will be starting all over, but yet far more advanced than where we left off. The Tribulation will have torn down the earth so much, and New Jerusalem will change so many things, it's just a completely new ballgame.

I'm not pre-trib - but pre-bowls. Still, I'm pre-mill.

I agree about the tribulation pretty much destroying almost everythng we know as the world today. That's why I asked the question. I don't think we will have the electronics of today and the cars and all, but Scripture says that people will have to travel. Even across the seas.

I'm voting for sailboats.
------_.-<|
------_--/|\
--------/ .|.\
_:wave:__/__|_.\__/
\ ----------.---/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Richard H
Sep 18th 2008, 04:56 PM
My iPhone, Magnavox, and Dell seem to think there is.

LOL At least they HOPE so.

Read John 4:10-24 and John 7:2-39 to properly interpret the fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles the way Jesus explained it.

Jesus didn't postpone the fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles forward 2000+ years as some like to do with it. Zechariah 14 spans the intra-advent period(doesn't wait until its over); and focuses on Christ's accomplishments using symbolic imagery.

Jesus did stand on the Mt of Olives.
Jesus did have multitudes coming with Him.
Jesus did witness the nations of the earth come against him.
Jesus did turn the light to darkness.
Jesus did cause the mountains to be laid low, and the crooked straight.
Jesus did cause living water to pour out for all men.
Jesus name did become the name of the Lord throughout all nations.
Jesus did cause worship in Jerusalem(the one from above) to occur for all nations.

I see what yer saying. But the last two points aren't fulfilled yet. We still have Islamic nations who serve the moon god and don't honor Yeshua at all. If you are referring to Muslims worhipping at the Dome of the Rock - they do not call apon YHWH at all. Allah is not the same god.

IPet2_9
Sep 18th 2008, 05:02 PM
We still have Islamic nations who serve the moon god and don't honor Yeshua at all.

Actually, that's a bit of an overstatement. I don't know whether this whole "moon god" thing actually comes straight from Muslim sources, but I do know that they DO honor Jesus some. They say He was a prophet. He's like one step down from Muhammed. It's the Jesus = God part they don't agree with.

David Taylor
Sep 18th 2008, 05:33 PM
LOL At least they HOPE so.

I see what yer saying. But the last two points aren't fulfilled yet. We still have Islamic nations who serve the moon god and don't honor Yeshua at all. If you are referring to Muslims worhipping at the Dome of the Rock - they do not call apon YHWH at all. Allah is not the same god.

Only believers from the nations worship Jesus as Lord.

Zech tells us that unbelievers from places like Egypt for example (a Islam-falsegod stronghold) won't worship Jesus.

No problem for the last two verses.

Only God's people from all nations worship in Spirit and truth.