PDA

View Full Version : Ugh- I have mono!

SpokenFor
Sep 18th 2008, 01:14 PM
I don't normally ask for prayer for illness as I figure it is God's way of getting my attention, to slow down and spend more time with Him.

Today, however, I am just miserable. I had mono 20 years ago and don't remember my abdomen feeling so horrid. I'm having a hard time being a nice mommy right now, too, and the girls are getting on my very last nerve.

Also, I do not have health insurance and I'm not sure how we are going to pay for my ER visit last night. Especially since I'm going to have to take time off work (no work means no pay) to recover.

Thanks for any prayers.

turtledove
Sep 18th 2008, 02:37 PM
SpokenFor, so sorry to hear of this. :blushsad: Our daughter had this so I know how you have to rest and sleep a lot with it and how things have to slow down.

My heartfelt prayers for you during this illness. And trusting the Lord to heal and give you a complete recovery. Praying for your good medical care and financial help too.

Lord God, hear our prayers for SpokenFor who is such a blessing on this board. Amen. :pray:

owl. :hug:

moonglow
Sep 18th 2008, 02:50 PM
I am so sorry you are sick like this!

Is there anyone to watch your kids for you at least a few hours a day? How old are they?

Its really tough being sick and having to take care of the kids at the same time...I was so glad when my son got old enough to be on his own in the house while I laid down! When he was younger I would only laid down for about an hour...still rarely laid down longer then that though I could if I needed too. He usually just plays on the computer..or watches TV and has a snack. He is 12 now so can certainly entertain himself.

You can make payments to the hospital by the way...if you pay even just a little every month they can't turn you over to a collector. I will be praying for you..:pray:

God bless

Redneck Charger
Sep 18th 2008, 07:09 PM
I hope you are feeling better.. and I am praying for you to get better quickly.. Pleas jesus take care of this Mom..:pray:

SpokenFor
Sep 18th 2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the prayers. My girls are 3 and 5, so they still need lots of hands-on help. Especially my 5 yr old who is special needs.

Please keep my 3 yr old in your prayers, as I am beginning to suspect she might also have it (she still loves to give me slobbery kisses and, unfortunately, we have been a little to liberal in sharing our water bottles and drinks).

Hubby has agreed to stay home from work tomorrow, which is an answer to prayer... he thinks I"m just being lazy.

Redneck Charger
Sep 19th 2008, 03:08 AM
Please Jesus.. also take of her daughters.. and thank you to her husband for staying home and helping her.. Please Jesus help everybody cure fast in this house..:pray:

Ayala
Sep 19th 2008, 03:10 AM
Bleh...I remember having mono a few years back. Not fun times. Prayin for you.

GodSeeker
Sep 19th 2008, 03:41 AM
Praying for your health to return.

:pray:

IMINXTC
Sep 19th 2008, 03:41 AM
We will make you a part of our daily group prayer Spokenfor! Can't imagine the challenge this must be for you while raising the girls. We will pray as well that you can get all the medical attention you need, so you need not be tempted to resist care because of the cost.

Ashley274
Sep 19th 2008, 05:03 AM
I am praying for you and your children...I had Mono once and know how tired you can be....please if your tummy keeps hurting call the ER nurse ..:pray:

TruthFaith
Sep 24th 2008, 06:37 PM
I don't normally ask for prayer for illness as I figure it is God's way of getting my attention, to slow down and spend more time with Him.

Today, however, I am just miserable. I had mono 20 years ago and don't remember my abdomen feeling so horrid. I'm having a hard time being a nice mommy right now, too, and the girls are getting on my very last nerve.

Also, I do not have health insurance and I'm not sure how we are going to pay for my ER visit last night. Especially since I'm going to have to take time off work (no work means no pay) to recover.

Thanks for any prayers.

I prayed :pray:

Just try to stay calm and not do any hard work because this will make you very tired and may pose long term damage to your heart if you don't have ample rest.

All the best and a speedy recovery,

In Christ,

TruthFaith