PDA

View Full Version : Spiders Serenading Webs?

PeterJ
Sep 18th 2008, 02:32 PM
Do you let Spiders get away with serenading your house or bedrooms with there Spider Webs? I dont mean just the cob webs.
But Spiders in my rooms likes to serenade long lines of webs for a few metres long like christmas decorations..
Why do they do that? Do you allow spiders to enjoy Serenading your rooms with there webs like spiderman?

Drums4Him
Sep 24th 2008, 03:32 AM
Do you let Spiders get away with serenading your house or bedrooms with there Spider Webs? I dont mean just the cob webs.
But Spiders in my rooms likes to serenade long lines of webs for a few metres long like christmas decorations..
Why do they do that? Do you allow spiders to enjoy Serenading your rooms with there webs like spiderman?

I like to get the vacuum cleaner out and put the long tube extension and suck them all into oblivion. Or else they come down at night and byte me.

PeterJ
Sep 24th 2008, 03:50 PM
Lol that sounds funny :)

Ayala
Sep 27th 2008, 03:25 AM
If it's in a corner, I usually don't bother em. If he's flinging web all over the place, I'll move the guy outside. I don't kill em. I like spiders. :P

IMINXTC
Sep 28th 2008, 09:19 AM
On occasion, the bats do it for me.

Bethany67
Sep 28th 2008, 12:14 PM
September is spider month here; enormous garden ones, monsters. I've just had to fight several to hang my washing on the clothes line. I don't kill them; I move them if at all possible. I can't even bring myself to kill slugs.

We don't get many cobwebs in the house. Any spiders are swiftly eaten by the cats.

I may have mentioned the honeymoon story before. We held our wedding reception here and in all the excitement we put a tray of shrimp vol-au-vents on top of a kitchen cupboard, to serve later. And went away to Greece for 2 weeks. We came back to something like a Hitchcock film - a cloud of flies burst past us when we struggled through the front door with our luggage, and I've never seen as many spiders in my life. Word had obviously gone out on the 'web' (heehee) that there was a fly-fest buffet in our house.

I love early morning dew on spiderwebs - then I know it's really autumn.