PDA

View Full Version : Needing Gratitude Scriptures, Please!

Kuukuu
Sep 19th 2008, 01:07 AM
Hi, Gang! An unusual request, if you don't mind.

I am stuck without a good concordance for the time being. (single mom on a low budget) And I'm asking for contributions of scripture. Anything to do with "thankful" or "thankfulness" or "Gratitude". Can anyone steer me to the right scriptures? I especially would like to know scriptures where God has responded to gratitude and thankfulness. I really want to know his heart on the subject.

Any and all help is Very much appreciated!

Tanya~
Sep 19th 2008, 01:22 AM
Hi Kuukuu,

I especially would like to know scriptures where God has responded to gratitude and thankfulness. I really want to know his heart on the subject.

Our thanksgiving is a response to what God has done for us rather than something for us to do for a reward. This is the closest I could find to your specific request:

Phil 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Try Biblegateway.com (http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/) when you don't have a concordance handy but you do have access to your computer. :)