PDA

View Full Version : Hope Blooms

roadrunner570
Sep 20th 2008, 11:42 AM
Hope Blooms

http://images-0.redbubble.net/img/art/backgroundcolor:000000/size:large/view:main/72992-11-hope-blooms.jpg

Job 5:16 So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts its mouth.

I know with this upcoming election, there has been a lot of talk about hope. People want hope, they need hope. Yet what is it we put our hope in? We put our hope in money, jobs, politicians, even celebrities. We might put our hope in our own skill and abilities. There is one problem with all of that however. Money runs out, as we currently see with the economy. Jobs go away. Our skills can diminish, or maybe we suffer an illness that wipes out our skills. Politicians and celebrities will always fail us. So where does that leave us?

Ps 31:24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

If our hope is in the Lord, then we truly have hope. Things might be hard and we might not be sure what to do, but if our hope is in the Lord, we know we can take heart. We know he will not fail us. There are times it may seem like he has, but he hasn’t. Everything he does or doesn’t do is for a reason. That reason may not always be visible to us, but it is there and it is his reason. I know that may not make sense to some, but it is his truth.

Isa 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

When we hope in the Lord, he will strengthen us. He will give us wings to rise above our circumstances. I remember a song by Johnny Cash years ago called Greystone Chapel. It was written by a prisoner at Folsom Prison and Johnny Cash sang it for him. There is a line in the song that goes like this:

Behind these walls of prison

My body may be

But the Lord, has set

My soul free

Now that is someone whose hope is in the Lord. He is liked behind steel walls, never to see the outside again. But God has given him wings to soar above his circumstances. He doesn’t just see the physical walls in front of him, but he sees the supernatural world beyond those walls. While the world has limited his vision in the physical, God has opened his eyes to the miraculous. God can open our eyes too.

La 3:25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;

Seeking him is key. We seek him by spending time with him. We spend time with him through prayer and reading his Word. I don’t just mean Bible study either. Sometimes we can just read short passages and take it all in. We too often try to read big, long blocks of scripture and then try to break it all down and dissect it. While that is good and study is good, sometimes we need to just take in his Word and enjoy him. I’ve found for me, that is when he speaks to me the most.
The same goes for prayer. Prayer isn’t always a rapid fire session of requests. Sometimes it is just listening for him and letting him speak to us. Prayer is a conversation and conversations involve two people, give and take. Too often, we just want to flap our traps at God and then we’re done before we give him a chance to answer. Recently, God has really worked on me with this and this is when I began having visions. When I finally shut up long enough for him to tell me what he wanted to say.

Tit 2:13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

This is the hope of all hope. Jesus Christ. Politicians can promise us hope until they are blue in the face. Our true hope to end all hopes will be when Jesus Christ, our Blessed Hope returns for his Bride. That will be the one true moment of hope the one that cannot be copied, duplicated or counterfeited. That will be the one true moment that hope blooms.

Tim Miller 2008

Image provided by Stacy Lee
http://www.stacyleeart.com

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 20th 2008, 06:30 PM
This is very good and encouraging, Tim! Thank you for sharing it with us :hug:

σяєяυииєя
Nov 1st 2008, 03:57 AM
Thanks for sharing this Tim,

So true, and to go above circumstances as the man jailed by the faith the gift of God, Have a nice time my friend.

Take care