PDA

View Full Version : I guess anything can be called a church now a days

moonglow
Sep 20th 2008, 04:16 PM
Pennsylvania Town Says Couple Runs Swingers' Club Inside Church (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,425585,00.html)

PITTSBURGH A Pennsylvania couple is fighting to maintain a church they run from a Huntingdon Township home, which officials say is really a raunchy swingers club where single men have to pay for access but women come for free.

John and Kim Ondrik say they worship nature at the Church for Spiritual Humanism. But midnight mass at the Spiritual Palace is on hold as the Rev. John and his wife fight for a variance to continue practicing their religion in a residential area just outside of Pittsburgh.

Opponents of his church, including neighbors and North Huntingdon Township officials, say what's really behind those closed doors is a club called the "Swinger's Palace."

All I can say is good grief!

thestarofthesea
Sep 20th 2008, 04:46 PM
Oh wow, that's really creepy!

they worship nature at the Church for Spiritual Humanism

Well, there's a dead giveaway that it's no sort of church at all. Christianity doesn't support the worship of nature or any other idol; this sounds like something associated with a pagan tradition or maybe Wicca? But by no means is it a church, swingers or no swingers! How did this person "Reverend John" become a Reverend in the first place, I wonder?

I totally don't understand the concept of swinging. I mean, I know what it is, just not the motivation. What enjoyment can possibly come from seeing your marriage partner with another man or woman? Not only is it gross, it's immoral, isn't it? How can anyone do this and call it "church"?

moonglow
Sep 20th 2008, 07:20 PM

Well, there's a dead giveaway that it's no sort of church at all. Christianity doesn't support the worship of nature or any other idol; this sounds like something associated with a pagan tradition or maybe Wicca? But by no means is it a church, swingers or no swingers! How did this person "Reverend John" become a Reverend in the first place, I wonder?

I totally don't understand the concept of swinging. I mean, I know what it is, just not the motivation. What enjoyment can possibly come from seeing your marriage partner with another man or woman? Not only is it gross, it's immoral, isn't it? How can anyone do this and call it "church"?

A church is a gathering place...usually for religious worship...which many things can fall under the definition of religion. (from a secular point of view) Now in this case..its more like a front to hide what they were really doing...I agree its sickening and disgusting and I hope they can't continue on with it.

In our faith..biblically speaking, a church is made up of believers and doesn't even have to have a building involved of course.

God bless

always
Sep 23rd 2008, 01:46 AM

Christianity doesn't support the worship of nature or any other idol; this sounds like something associated with a pagan tradition or maybe Wicca?

You are right on, worship of Humanism, is the worship of self, it's witchcraft, and this is nothing but a pleasure temple sodomistic nature no doubt:(

apothanein kerdos
Sep 25th 2008, 12:20 AM
"Spiritual humanism" is a contradiction really. How can one be spiritual (recognizing there is a higher being than humans) and a humanist (recognizing that humans are the highest beings out there)?

moonglow
Sep 25th 2008, 01:07 AM
"Spiritual humanism" is a contradiction really. How can one be spiritual (recognizing there is a higher being than humans) and a humanist (recognizing that humans are the highest beings out there)?

Because many times human beings are walking contradictions...:cool:

or at least their ideas anyway...

CoffeeCat
Sep 25th 2008, 03:25 AM
*snipped for brevity*

How did this person "Reverend John" become a Reverend in the first place, I wonder?

If I were a betting woman.... three words. "Online theology certificate". ;) It's amazing how many "ministers" can fill out a form, get sent a happy little piece of paper that tells them they're officially ordained somehow, and they can then turn around and "pastor" a "church". Same deal when humanist "ministers" get theology licences online so they can "legally" perform weddings. :rolleyes:

diffangle
Sep 25th 2008, 04:03 AM
Can anyone say 501C3? :hmm:

CoffeeCat
Sep 25th 2008, 04:23 AM
Isn't that your code for tax-exempt status?

Me! Me! I can say it!

Big T
Sep 26th 2008, 03:24 AM
In california, this would be a violation of the Unruh Act.

Establishments can not offer different pricing based on sex. "ladies enter free" "1/2 price booze for ladies" and so on are in violation of this law.

Now, the definition of church is very broad and they can claiim that this practice is part of their religion. But eventually it will catch up to them, especially if they are charging. "Churches" are not for profit entities.

So, the IRS or someone else will most likely get to them one day.

IMINXTC
Sep 26th 2008, 03:28 AM
Its a sickening reality.

ViolaSnapdragon
Sep 26th 2008, 03:48 AM
Well... I am tired, cranky, drained yet I cannot go to bed this yet so I am just all fresh out of mature and well-thought answers so my only response is this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/iris2155/Graphics%20and%20Icons/facepalm.jpg

Now if you'll please excuse me while I cry over what this world keeps coming to. Every time I think nothing shocks me anymore...

Ayala
Sep 26th 2008, 04:14 PM
Spiritual Humanism

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk294/JerAyala/Fail/YouFailFailing.jpg