PDA

View Full Version : A special prayer...

Gospel-Witness
Sep 20th 2008, 04:44 PM
I want to offer a heart-felt prayer for all of those who are suffering from CANCER.

Yep, the big "C" word....and because I lost both of my parents to cancer, as well as the fact that my sister is currently suffering from it, well, I just want to ask God for His guidance and help with this issue.

:pray::pray::pray: Our Father in Heaven, please show compassion towards us for we are weak and you are so strong. We do not understand why this disease exists or why we lose so many to it each day, but we do know that we are not alone. We know that you care and that you want those who suffer to be comforted. God, please allow those of us who walk by faith in your Son Jesus to be a source of comfort that these loved ones so desperately need....not that it comes from ourselves, but that the spiritual comfort that comes only from your Holy Spirit can be found in our hearts and in our lives as we share your comfort with those who need it.

Let us be your hands of kindness that reach out with love and compassion towards those who are suffering. We all too easily want you to cure them, to take away the pain, the disease that seeks to destroy their bodies, but we know that all things work together for good to them that love you. We have many doctors, nurses and others that work so very hard to find answers seeking to cure this disease, and we ask that you continue to bless these very special people for their commitment to fighting cancer, and if it is your will at this time, please, God let them find the cure.

Bless each of the men, women or children that they may know your presence in their lives as they struggle against this disease, and always, if nothing can be done to help them, please, give them the faith and peace to face eternity with you!

In the name of your blessed Son, Jesus the Christ... :pray::pray::pray:

Buckeye Doug
Sep 21st 2008, 04:37 AM
What a beautiful prayer.

I posted here a few weeks ago about my cousin who has had prostate cancer for about 10 years. Time is quickly running out for him so I know what you're going through.

In my prayers for him, I will lift up your sister,too.

May God answer both our prayers. Amen.

God bless. :pray:

CoffeeCat
Sep 21st 2008, 04:53 AM
praying with you. I know many people who have battled it, or still are, or may in the future.... and my prayer is that all who are affected by it will be reminded that God's constantly with us.

Redneck Charger
Sep 21st 2008, 10:13 AM
Praying with you and for you..and for all those who are suffering from Cancer.. Please Jesus.. help them all.. Guide them through this horrible disease.. Please Jesus.. :pray:

turtledove
Sep 21st 2008, 11:35 AM
Thank you. I agree with this prayer..:pray: Praying this morning..

In the Name of the Lord...Jesus Christ, our Savior and healer.

owl...former cancer patient. :)

steelerbabe
Sep 21st 2008, 02:15 PM
My mom died from breast cancer and my brother was diagonised with bladder cancer in April 2006. I will join with you in prayer.:pray:

Roelof
Sep 26th 2008, 09:56 AM
Praying with you :pray:

tt1106
Sep 26th 2008, 07:46 PM
Lord,
we pray that you give the Doctor's the knowledge to cure this disease. We pray that the Big C in everybody's lives will be "Christ" and we ask that you heal the sick and allow their health to speak of your goodness, mercy and love for your creation. We ask that with survival, Cancer patients also embrace repentance and redemption and discover the God who loves them. Please hear our prayers.