PDA

View Full Version : just questioning

Kat63
Sep 20th 2008, 10:06 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I started a new thread.

Does God really speak or reveal things to people through dreams? Even if they are still wondering and searching?
Just curious.

ServantofTruth
Sep 20th 2008, 10:21 PM
I believe God can speak to anyone, believer or not, in any way he wishes at anytime.

However before we say it is God speaking, it must agree with his Word the bible.

The problem comes when people, saved or not, don't know what the bible says, but they insist it is God speaking. The bible tells us Satan/ the devil can turn himself into an angel of light. So you see however much that dream may seem like it is from God, it would be very wise to go to a mature christian or even a group of mature christians to have it 'checked out' in the Word of God/ the bible.

Is this theory or have you had a dream you are wondering about? SofTy. :saint:

Slug1
Sep 20th 2008, 10:27 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so I started a new thread.

Does God really speak or reveal things to people through dreams? Even if they are still wondering and searching?
Just curious.Yes.

I prayed to God one day about 3 months ago and asked Him to reveal to me any iniquity in my heart. That night I had a dream that revealed to me that I was allowing laziness to come between God and myself. That morning after waking this revelation was clear and I wrote down the dream and emailed it off to my pastor and some friends to look at and pray about and when they wrote back their answers which confirmed all God revealed to me that morning.

Tanya~
Sep 20th 2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, absolutely Kat. There are many accounts of Muslims in particular who turn to the Lord because of a dream. You can find these by doing a simple search on the internet but here (http://returnnow.org/2007/12/14/muslim-in-west-africa-led-to-christ-through-a-dream/)is just one example.

apothanein kerdos
Sep 20th 2008, 11:08 PM
He most certainly does. I would caution, however, that all dreams and visions should be checked against Scripture. Not that Scripture will say exactly what the dream was, but that the overall point of the dream lines up with Scripture.

Kat63
Sep 21st 2008, 05:30 AM
Do you think God speaks or reveals things in dreams about people other then yourself or your family?

If someone dreams about Jesus, what does he look like? American to Americans, Chinese to a Chinese person, etc.?

And I have had some dreams that I thought might be from God.

CoffeeCat
Sep 21st 2008, 02:12 PM
Kat, yes, God can and does speak in dreams. As others have said, what we need to know is that the dream is biblically supported. What that means is that if we, say, have a dream about a very angry, evil being and we wake up feeling upset and wonder "is that God? Is God mad at me?" -- we need to check that with the Bible, and we'll find, in this example, that God does NOT give us a spirit of fear.... and that the being doesn't resemble God, but rather, evil. That was just a 'for instance'.

God COULD reveal things about people who aren't you or your family, certainly. Again, we need to check these kinds of dreams against what scripture tells us about God and His nature. Speaking to more mature Christians and to a pastor about it is a good idea. They'll give you feedback that you couldn't get on your own.

The dreams you've had -- how did they make you feel? What kind of a message do you suppose was in them?

And if someone dreams about Jesus, I think they'd PROBABLY dream about Him as they best understood Him. It doesn't mean they're correct, but that's what our minds do as we dream... they take what we know, or what we think we know, and work off of that.

God bless you, as you search. Keep asking any questions you have. :)