PDA

View Full Version : I have a friend, please read details!

Master Jake
Sep 21st 2008, 06:20 AM
I have this friend. He's a really good person, he's nice, humanitarian, etc. The problem is, he's not Christian. He does believe there is a god and he does believe that God will judge him one day based on his morals. He does not believe, however, that Jesus is the son of God and is not saved.

Here is one of his statements "as i said, i dont need to join a club to get to heaven lolol".

I was just wondering, is there anyway he can make it to heaven. I've been talking to him for a long time trying to make him understand and become christian be he seems to be very trustworthy in his own beliefs. Is there any hope for him?

Sold Out
Sep 21st 2008, 04:23 PM
Let's see what Jesus says:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Jesus didn't say He is 'A' way, He said He is 'THE' way.

Jesus also said that if we didn't believe who He said He was (God in flesh), we would die in our sins:

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am (he), ye shall die in your sins." John 8:24

The word 'he' is in parentheses because it is not present in the original Greek manuscripts. Jesus is saying here that He is the 'I AM' of Exodus 3:14 - He is stating He is God.

petepet
Sep 21st 2008, 04:46 PM
I have this friend. He's a really good person, he's nice, humanitarian, etc. The problem is, he's not Christian. He does believe there is a god and he does believe that God will judge him one day based on his morals. He does not believe, however, that Jesus is the son of God and is not saved.

Here is one of his statements "as i said, i dont need to join a club to get to heaven lolol".

I was just wondering, is there anyway he can make it to heaven. I've been talking to him for a long time trying to make him understand and become christian be he seems to be very trustworthy in his own beliefs. Is there any hope for him?

Hi Your friend may be a 'good' person by human standards but like all of us he has sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3.23), and indeed continually does so. Thus when God judges him on the basis of his life he will be found guilty. You actually only need to commit one sin to be guilty (James 2.10)

And the wages of sin is death (Romans 6.23).

Thus unless your friend finds someone sinless to die in His place he is lost and without hope. But there was only One Who could do that, the eternal God Himself (2 Corinthians 5.21). He became man and died on the cross for all (1 Peter 2.20) so that those who came to Him and put their trust in Him to save them, (by forgiving them and then gradually transforming them), might have eternal life. As your friend has not put his trust in Christ he does not have eternal life. He thus has no hope when he dies, for he is already spiritually dead in his sins, and already guilty before God (Romans 3.10-23).

Let him read the sermon on the mount (Matthew 5-7)and consider Who could have given such teaching (greater than any moral teaching ever given, either before or since). Let him then recognise that the one Who thus spoke also claimed within the sermon, that He would judge the world (Matthew 7.21-23). And let him then respond to Christ.

(Believe me we all have your problem)

Best wishes.

ServantofTruth
Sep 21st 2008, 05:12 PM
People these days want all faiths to be equal. But there is only one Creator God and his Son Jesus Christ, everyother faith is worshipping within that creation.

It doesn't matter if its an idol of wood, stone or metal. Money, fame, ego. A sport, a hobby. Or a religion - Hinduism, Jewdaism, Budhism - whichever. I can use my imagination to write a new story to believe in, or believe Gospel/ bible truth.

There is much hope for your friend. Like you he can answer the call of Jesus Christ, come to the foot of the cross and confess his sins.

It can be differcult to accept people we love - our families and friends - are lost. Satan can use it against us, to make us look for loopholes. There aren't any.

Just keep presenting the best witness you can. What he says we can do this, it's only a small thing - when he tests your faith - be firm and follow Jesus. If he says he has fun doing imoral things or anything God warns you about in your bible reading - never be jealous. Rejoice in Jesus Christ alone. SofTy.

Master Jake
Sep 21st 2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the reply guys.

Well that's just the thing. He is a good person and all and never tests my morals. He respects my religion but one thing he has a problem with is he doesn't believe Jesus is the son of God. He tells me he thinks its blasphemy to believe that a man is God since god is the immortal one. He's also very smart and seems to be able to relate ancient things like Egypt to the Bible which brings up some confusing questions. I've warned him about tribulation period and he listens. He knows all the signs so maybe one day when the tribulation comes and he finally realizes that this is true, he might finally choose the right path.

Another question, can you be a complete sinner, unsaved, unchristian, and still change your ways after the tribulation time begins providing you don't accept the mark. And will the mark come in the form as we know it because I've seen on the internet that the government is going to start putting chips in people that they need to buy or sell. This fits the criteria of the mark. Are these chips the mark?

Master Jake
Sep 21st 2008, 06:49 PM
And even to add onto that, I had another conversation with him today. I told him he was born into sins and the sins of the past are our sins until we repent. He refuses to believe this. He says he will not accept responsibility for the actions of those who sinned. He believes he pays for what he does but not what they did. I'm not very smart when it comes to Bible wise, in fact, I haven't even read it through. Everyday it seems harder and harder to make him understand.

Sold Out
Sep 22nd 2008, 08:41 PM
And even to add onto that, I had another conversation with him today. I told him he was born into sins and the sins of the past are our sins until we repent. He refuses to believe this. He says he will not accept responsibility for the actions of those who sinned. He believes he pays for what he does but not what they did. I'm not very smart when it comes to Bible wise, in fact, I haven't even read it through. Everyday it seems harder and harder to make him understand.

When you said the sins of the past...did you mean HIS past sins...like ones he committed years ago?

You are to be commended for your witness for Christ. He will equip you with the words you need to say. Before you meet with this young man, ask the Holy Spirit to speak through you.

Emanate
Sep 22nd 2008, 08:44 PM

Some people will not be reached by hearing the heaven/hell argument. Some people watch those who call themselves Christians to check their actions against their words. Many times it is our lives that speak, not our words.

keck553
Sep 22nd 2008, 08:49 PM
Jesus didn't come for good people, bad people, or to make bad people good people. None of that matters, as no one, no matter how 'good' they are can measure up to God's standards.

Jesus came to bring life to the dead. Forget about good, bad and ugly.

Choose life.

Master Jake
Sep 22nd 2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks a lot guys, you've helped me greatly!

moonglow
Sep 22nd 2008, 11:48 PM
You know sometimes the best witness is simply living our lives as Christ...after all we represent Him everyday! Actions speak louder then words sometimes...

God bless

My heart's Desire
Sep 24th 2008, 05:05 AM
I don't have any advice, but I would like to give you some points to consider. People who don't think they are lost won't see their need for a Savior.
Number 2. Just like with everyone, being unsaved your friends first problem is "unbelief". That is the problem that makes people unsaved. It's simply unbelief.
Number 3 is this. Israel had the very same problem. I'm not sure if the book of Matthew or John is the best on it, I believe it is Matthew, The Lord Jesus dwelt extensively on the whole subject of belief. His audience, also did not believe that He, as a man, was the Son of God, just as your friend doesn't. Perhaps pointing out some scriptures like these will give you some ideas on helping your friend.
Maybe you could convince him to read Matthew or John. You didn't say how your friend felt about the Bible or what it says.
You might show him something like Matthew 27:43 and point out that these folks didn't think Jesus was the Son of God either by what they quote in this passage. Then go to Matthew 27:54 and show him that after the Lord Jesus was crucified that even a Roman Guard seeing the unusual events take place said "Truly this was the Son of God". He seemed to go from unbelief to belief.
You might show him Matthew 26:63-64 where the hight priest wanted Him to tell him that He was the Son of God and in verse 64 where Jesus told him that He himself indeed had said so,, but that regardless he would see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power and coming on the clouds.
More than anything continue to pray for your friend remembering that unbelief can be come against by the power of prayer.

My heart's Desire
Sep 24th 2008, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the reply guys.

Another question, can you be a complete sinner, unsaved, unchristian, and still change your ways after the tribulation time begins providing you don't accept the mark. And will the mark come in the form as we know it because I've seen on the internet that the government is going to start putting chips in people that they need to buy or sell. This fits the criteria of the mark. Are these chips the mark?
Personally, I believe that a sinner can become saved after the tribulation starts, but I almost have to believe it will be someone who knew somewhat of how to become saved and it'd have to almost happen soon after the church is raptured. I don't know rather to say fortunately or unfortunately, but I think that if they become saved right after the rapture that they will have to maintain their salvation, will be persecuted and more than likely will become martyred soon after their conversion to Christ. It will be nothing like it is now in this Age of Grace.
The book of Revelation shows more a picture of people becoming hardened against God more than it shows people turning to Him. There is a glimmer of hope, yet. It still shows some people gaining salvation, but at the cost of their lives, literally. It is always best to show people that Today is the day of Salvation. It is not wise to wait for a second chance so I'm saying what I think more for your benefit than your friends.
He needs to know that none are sure of even a second breath on this earth much less a second chance should the Tribulation or death catch them unawares. Today is the day of Salvation. There may not be another.