PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Christians who play in violent sports

Drums4Him
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:15 AM
You all have seen it. A speedy wide reciever crosses over the goal into the end zone and looks up to heaven and points, or the same football player who gives the glory to God during a postgame interview. What do you guys think? Can a athelete participate in a sport like boxing or football, or cage fighting, where the object is to knock the opponent out with your fists or knock a player down with a hard tackle?

lendtay
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:30 AM
I don't see anything wrong with these sports - football, boxing, etc.

However, I don't think a real Christian would participate in things like dog fighting. That is not a sport, its animal cruelty.

IMINXTC
Sep 22nd 2008, 04:38 AM
I also see nothing wrong with it, except in the 'extreme' sports where one is constantly flirting with death, which could cut short one's opportunity to be a witness for Christ.

And as long as when he is in the end zone he isn't trying to suggest that our Lord is a "Cowboy" or "Raider" fan.

Orendorf
Sep 25th 2008, 08:39 PM
It's fine by me.

But then again I'll play games on my xbox, kill literally dozens and dozens of enemies onscreen, embracing the chaos, shooting, stabbing, running for my life, and then thank God at the end of the level for getting me through it :D

So I may be a little unbalanced.

Ayala
Sep 25th 2008, 09:15 PM
And as long as when he is in the end zone he isn't trying to suggest that our Lord is a "Cowboy" or "Raider" fan.

:O

I agree wholeheartedly. :lol: