PDA

View Full Version : Off meds

Christian_lady
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:30 AM
I've recently stopped taking my anti-depressants and it's a hard transition.

I can't say I've felt depressed or that it's brought me down but I've noticed I've been crying a bit more.

That might have to do with my stress, as I am in school part-time this year and working less (the bills keep coming...)

I've been totally dependent on Jesus to get me through this.
:pray:

Gulah Papyrus
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:42 AM
Good for you Lady! As I am sure you know, Satan likes to turn up the heat at times like these so be sure to put on the "Full Armor" and he will be no match!

:pray:

Soulangel
Sep 22nd 2008, 03:32 AM
Dear Christian Lady,

First of all, are you under a doctors supervision to come off your meds? Next you need support, good moral support to do this, someone you can talk to each day that will listen to your thoughts and feelings who is impartial and will track how you're going, so that if it's not the right time for you to come off them, you will both be able to assess this.

It's not an easy thing to do. Keeping a daily journal and giving yourself a rating between 0-10 of how you are doing will help you determine how you're doing as well. I'm concerned with the tears because if they're happening on a daily basis you may not be ready to come off the anti depressants. If it's not too personal, may I ask what prompted the decision to come off them now, especially if you are under stress?

Usually you come off them when life is functioning in a healthy manner and you're coping well and have learnt to deal with stress, with cognitive behaviour techniques as well. Yes, Jesus helps as well, I know that just as well as anyone, but depression is a chemical imbalance as well.

My prayers will be with you and if there's any questions I can help you with and any encouragement you need to help you keep going, to uplift you along this path you've chosen, feel free to ask away how to keep going on this road, I'm more than happy to help. I came off my anti depressants only when I knew the Lord had healed my oppression of my spirit. I had two years off and just needed to rest and do healing work with Him.

God bless you, Soulangel

Chanda
Sep 22nd 2008, 03:33 AM
I am also getting off my meds. and I also find my self crying more, Good Luck! You can do it! And God is right beside you! :hug:

livingwaters
Sep 22nd 2008, 03:39 AM
:pray::pray:ing for the both of you getting off the meds....God is a deliverer!!!! I know....no withdrawals, no sickness, nothing....HE is no respector of persons...HE loves us ALL!!! Just call on HIS name, pray and put your faith in HIM...Give the burden of your cares to HIM....HE can and will see you through the fire!!! Amen...:hug:

God Bless:)

Chanda
Sep 22nd 2008, 03:48 AM
Thank you so much! :hug:

Christian_lady
Sep 22nd 2008, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the support.

Someone asked if I am under my doctor's supervision. The answer is yes.

Do I have someone to talk to daily about this? The answer is no. I have my therapist whom I see but not daily.

I have friends but not everyone knows about my meds and the ones who do, I don't think it's fair to call them daily and vent my emotions....

I might keep a journal, that's an idea.

It's strengthened my prayer life, because I depend on God now versus my meds to stabilize my moods.

I pray daily and ask Him questions and He tells me which versus to look up in the Bible, etc. etc.

I've noticed I'm crying a lot more for no reason. The good news is my "bad thoughts" have not returned (so far).

Soulangel
Sep 22nd 2008, 11:31 PM
Congratulations on putting into place some very good strategies i.e. journal, letting God lead you to scriptures, writing them down etc. for coming off your meds. Thats fantastic. At this point I'm assuming your coming off your meds because you don't have depression anymore (for the sake of this post) so we need to explore why you are crying more.

I'd like to suggest something for you to do when you are crying because you have a good relationship with the Lord. Sitting quietly with him and ask him what is the root cause of your tears, why Lord am I so sad, is it an unresolved issue to do with my mother? Let God speak to you, let him tell you by shining his love onto your soul and he will tell you where all your previously unshed tears have come from. I have done this exercise many times and the Lord always shows me the root cause of the problem I have.

Now the reason why I said your mother is because I feel you have a burden around your chest area and are finding it hard to breathe at the moment, that's the sense that the Lord gives me, but he'll tell you the rest of it for yourself and give you the healing you need.

God bless you in abundant strength ~ Soulangel

Christian_lady
Sep 23rd 2008, 11:47 AM
Congratulations on putting into place some very good strategies i.e. journal, letting God lead you to scriptures, writing them down etc. for coming off your meds. Thats fantastic. At this point I'm assuming your coming off your meds because you don't have depression anymore (for the sake of this post) so we need to explore why you are crying more.

I'd like to suggest something for you to do when you are crying because you have a good relationship with the Lord. Sitting quietly with him and ask him what is the root cause of your tears, why Lord am I so sad, is it an unresolved issue to do with my mother? Let God speak to you, let him tell you by shining his love onto your soul and he will tell you where all your previously unshed tears have come from. I have done this exercise many times and the Lord always shows me the root cause of the problem I have.

Now the reason why I said your mother is because I feel you have a burden around your chest area and are finding it hard to breathe at the moment, that's the sense that the Lord gives me, but he'll tell you the rest of it for yourself and give you the healing you need.

Hi Soulangel, you know my mom and I don't have the best relationship but we don't have the worst either. She is not a believer and wants me to believe her 'new age' stuff, and vice versa.

In the end we're always there for each other but there is a lot of areas we just don't talk about.

I'm only typing this because I find it interesting the Lord would prompt you to ask me about her. I'll pray about it and post what I discover on this message board (if I'm allowed by moditators).

CL

turtledove
Sep 23rd 2008, 03:39 PM
I'm only typing this because I find it interesting the Lord would prompt you to ask me about her. I'll pray about it and post what I discover on this message board (if I'm allowed by moditators).

CL

Hi CL, yes, this section of the forum is mainly for Comfort and Encouagement so seems that is what you wish to give here..if you need to go into a LOT of personal details, information, etc. you can always send the original poster a pm. :)

owl.:hug:

Christian_lady
Sep 28th 2008, 04:45 PM
Sitting quietly with him and ask him what is the root cause of your tears, why Lord am I so sad, is it an unresolved issue to do with my mother? Let God speak to you, let him tell you by shining his love onto your soul and he will tell you where all your previously unshed tears have come from. I have done this exercise many times and the Lord always shows me the root cause of the problem I have.

You voodooed me (just kidding). But seriously, since you mentioned my relationship with my mom we've had a few major fights. It made me think there must have been a reason why God put the thought of my relationship with mom into your head, or it's just an ODD coincidence.

I'm not very sure what I can and cannot post on this forum, seeing as it is a comfort/encouragement place, but I think it's possible I do have some unresolved issues with my mom.

We do and do not get along. When focus on ourselves, do our own thing and worry about our own lives, we are fine (peaceful). When we try opening up to each other or getting involved with each other it turns into a big mess.

She always tells me, "when you have kids of your own - that's when you'll understand" so if there are any experienced moms out there who don't mind putting in your two cents, I would appreciate your perspective.

CL

amazzin
Sep 28th 2008, 04:51 PM
I would never, never, never recommend you come off medication without talking to your doctor first. I am sure that if someone who is "depressed" feels that they have the strength to come off the meds that any doctor would support you. But it is irresponsible to do that on your own.

Sometime, depending on which med you are on, you cannot go cold turkey. The dosage needs to be decreased slowly or the ramifications can be worse then the original reason.

turtledove
Sep 29th 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm not very sure what I can and cannot post on this forum, seeing as it is a comfort/encouragement place, but I think it's possible I do have some unresolved issues with my mom.

CL

Hi CL, you are right. And I am adding that...most posters on this thread will only be replying to your original post about the med's as has amazzin before this one. If you want extensive advice and counsel about the unresolved issues with your mom it would work better for you to go ahead and start another thread in Counseling Requests giving it a new title and explaining the problem there.

God bless you much, :pray:

wiseoldowl

Christian_lady
Sep 29th 2008, 01:28 PM
I would never, never, never recommend you come off medication without talking to your doctor first. I am sure that if someone who is "depressed" feels that they have the strength to come off the meds that any doctor would support you. But it is irresponsible to do that on your own.

Sometime, depending on which med you are on, you cannot go cold turkey. The dosage needs to be decreased slowly or the ramifications can be worse then the original reason.

I already explained that I am under my doctor's supervision....
I am going through a hard time because the reality is, my body is giving up meds I use to be dependent on (my doctor explained this to me already, I wasn't expecting a picnic).

I am here for support, not advice on a topic that does not apply to me....

turtledove
Sep 30th 2008, 10:17 AM
I already explained that I am under my doctor's supervision....
I am going through a hard time because the reality is, my body is giving up meds I use to be dependent on (my doctor explained this to me already, I wasn't expecting a picnic).

I am here for support, not advice on a topic that does not apply to me....

Yes, I understand that. I think folks here are trying to give support. You are always free to accept or not what is shared with you. However, you, yourself, have mentioned unresolved issues with your mom. Your posts here seem to imply you need advice and counseling beyond what you originally posted. Please go to counseling requests and start a new thread.

To help you I am going to close your thread here so that there will be no more replies.

God bless,

:hug:facilitator