PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question?

SeekeroftheLord
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:09 PM
I had a dream with Jesus Christ in it. Satan was also there. They both were standing in a field staring at each other. Jesus was just repeating the word Repent over and over again. Satan wasn't doing or saying anything but standing there staring at Jesus Christ. There were also white cloud surrounding them and they were standing in the darkest green grass that you could ever see. The field was the most beautiful place that I have ever seen. When I look at them and take in the the scene. I could see Jesus, He was clear to me as if I was looking at a person in a movie. Satan was clear to but not as clear. Satan was the most beautiful fiery red dragon that I have ever seen.

I had the dreama while back and it has been bugging for a while now. I was just wondering what it could mean.

mcgyver
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:12 PM
Good morning Seeker, and welcome!

Let me ask you a question, if I may...

How do you interpret this dream?

What do you think it's saying to you?

Tanya~
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:23 PM
Hi Seeker of the Lord,

From the beginning of His ministry, Jesus' message was about repentance and believing the gospel.

Matt 4:17
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
NKJV

After His resurrection the apostles took up that torch and carried it forward, and today that message continues to be God's call to the lost.

Acts 2:38-39
Then Peter said to them,"Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
NKJV

When we repent and believe the gospel, Satan loses his power in our lives.

Col 1:13-14
He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
NKJV

When we repent of our sins and receive forgiveness through faith in Christ, Satan can no longer accuse us. Our sins are forgiven.

SeekeroftheLord
Sep 22nd 2008, 02:24 PM
A few days later I was at work. I felt Jesus Christ impress upon my heart and soul that my dream was a warning. He was telling me that He wants me to repent and get right with Him. He was telling me that He wants me with Him. He was telling me that He is coming soon and that I should be ready to go home when He comes back. That I should get over my laziness and slothfullness and just learn His word and be right with Him.

I felt Him with me. My heart felt real heavy. Like there was a weight inside my heart. Then I knew that is what my dream meant. So I prayed and asked Him if I interpeted the dream the right way. I haven't got a responce yet. It will come to me in the right time and when He wants me to know what it means.

mcgyver
Sep 22nd 2008, 03:05 PM
A few days later I was at work. I felt Jesus Christ impress upon my heart and soul that my dream was a warning. He was telling me that He wants me to repent and get right with Him. He was telling me that He wants me with Him. He was telling me that He is coming soon and that I should be ready to go home when He comes back. That I should get over my laziness and slothfullness and just learn His word and be right with Him.

I felt Him with me. My heart felt real heavy. Like there was a weight inside my heart. Then I knew that is what my dream meant. So I prayed and asked Him if I interpeted the dream the right way. I haven't got a responce yet. It will come to me in the right time and when He wants me to know what it means.

The reason that I asked you the questions, is that I guessed that you already knew the answer...if you are willing of course to receive it...

Indeed a very clear warning, and your interpretation is correct and in line with the word of God!

Jesus said in Luke 13: "but unless you repent you will all likewise perish."

(Satan's doom was sealed over 2000 years ago on a Roman cross. He has been tried, judged guilty, and his sentence has been pronounced. Soon he will start serving that sentence!)

To repent is so much more than simply being emotionally sorry for what you've done...for the way you've lived. There are prisoners in jails all over the world who are "sorry"...Sorry they got caught that is...

"Repent" means to turn away from sin and turn toward the savior...to change one's mind, heart, and attitude; toward sin, toward God, even toward truth...and that is an act of will on your part...to turn off the road that is leading to destruction and turn onto the road that leads to eternal life.

Christ is calling you in a powerful way...How much more do you need?

Now it's up to you...

grptinHisHand
Sep 22nd 2008, 03:26 PM
Seeker, I am praying for you right now. May your heart continue to hear the call to salvation that apparently is clear to you.

:pray: I pray, Heavenly Father, loose the hold that Satan has on Seekeroftruth that he will be able to respond to You with repentance. I pray that Seekeroftruth will ask You into his heart and life and then seek to know You through Your Word, through prayer and through other Christians who are able to guide him. Thank You, Lord, for leading Him to this group of Christians who care about those who do not know You.
Amen
g :hug:

Buck shot
Sep 22nd 2008, 07:24 PM
He was telling me that He is coming soon and that I should be ready to go home when He comes back. That I should get over my laziness and slothfullness and just learn His word and be right with Him.

This would scare me so much that i would not be able to focus on anything else. Do you realise just how important it is that you do not wait any longer?

What do you think you need to learn before making a life commitment to the Lord?

He has told you that you need to repent, Mcgyver has explained very well what repenting is. If you know that you are a sinner and repent (turn away from) of these sins and ask Jesus to forgive you, He is faithful to do just that. He has already paid the price for your sins with His blood on the cross. You just have to accept that He paid the debt for you.

This is the first step into the light! He tells us to count the cost before we decide. If you are willing to let go (repent) of the things of this world then you are ready...

Then He will open your eyes so that you can start learning and growing in the Truth.

TrustGzus
Sep 22nd 2008, 08:48 PM
Hey Seeker,

I'll second Buck shot's post and word one question slightly differently.

What's holding you back?

Your screen name is bold. You're having dreams like nothing I ever had.

Grace & peace to you,

Joe

Sold Out
Sep 22nd 2008, 08:53 PM

Do you understand what repentance means? Do you know how to get right with God?

AngelAuthor
Sep 23rd 2008, 06:38 AM
Jesus wouldn't be telling Satan to Repent.

He would be saying that to you.

Perhaps the reason you could see Christ so clearly and "Satan" not as clearly is because it was you who was across the field from the Lord looking at Him. YOU, whom He was repeatedly saying "repent" to.

If the Lord is speaking to your heart through this dream, I'd take heed, and fast. I will be praying for you.

Richard H
Sep 23rd 2008, 07:16 AM
<snip>
Then I knew that is what my dream meant. So I prayed and asked Him if I interpeted the dream the right way. I haven't got a responce yet. It will come to me in the right time and when He wants me to know what it means.

I can't speak for others, but "instant knowing" seems like a pretty clear indicator.
(With one exception - He told me something 3 times, but I didn't know I was His.)
He doesn't repeat Himself or speak in many words ...at least not to me.

None of us should need verification to begin repenting. Go for it!

Richard

SeekeroftheLord
Sep 24th 2008, 01:28 PM
This is the first step into the light! He tells us to count the cost before we decide. If you are willing to let go (repent) of the things of this world then you are ready...

I think that is my problem right now. That I am not willing to let go of the things of this world. Because of this I am scared. I will wait to long God will harden my heart to the point that I will not be able to reprent.

Perhaps the reason you could see Christ so clearly and "Satan" not as clearly is because it was you who was across the field from the Lord looking at Him. YOU, whom He was repeatedly saying "repent" to.

I never thought of that before. Instead of seeing myself standing there staring at Him I was seeing myself as the dragon. Maybe the dragon represents myself with my sins covering me all over. Then if I would truly repent then His blood would wash away the sins and I would see myself again.

Buck shot
Sep 24th 2008, 02:22 PM
I think that is my problem right now. That I am not willing to let go of the things of this world. Because of this I am scared. I will wait to long God will harden my heart to the point that I will not be able to reprent.
You are right to be concerned about that! When you compare giving up the things of this world that will not last many years to recieve the things in Glory forever how can you not be ready to give these up.

The things that God wants you to get out of your life are the things that hurt you and cause you pain and suffering. He wants to give you a peace that surpasses all understanding.

I never thought of that before. Instead of seeing myself standing there staring at Him I was seeing myself as the dragon. Maybe the dragon represents myself with my sins covering me all over. Then if I would truly repent then His blood would wash away the sins and I would see myself again.
You have the head knowledge of salvation, you just need to get it to your heart. A wise evangelist once asked how far aprt heaven and hell were. The answer is about 18 inches. The distance between our brains and our hearts. Jesus wants to live in your heart, you are your own worst enemy (as my teenage daughter tells folks).

Paladin54
Sep 24th 2008, 02:48 PM

Do not wait! God has given you the answer because you already knew what the meaning was. Asking Him for clarification is only delaying your salvation!

Jesus is calling you to His family! Repent of your sins and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. It will take a leap of faith, yes you will be scared, but the gift of salvation will be worth it!

I urge you to pray to Jesus now! Accept his gift and be saved!