PDA

View Full Version : Strong's numbers

scruffian
Sep 22nd 2008, 08:33 PM
Hi

Just wondering if there is a module out there which contains strong's numbers?

Thanks for your help

Ben

livingword26
Sep 22nd 2008, 09:20 PM
There's a free program you can download called e-Sword. It has the King James with Strongs numbers. You can also download all kinds of other translations and study tools. Just type in e-Sword on the web, you'll find it.

scruffian
Sep 22nd 2008, 10:15 PM
sorry i should have been more clear. i already have e-sword, but what I am after is a text version of the strongs numbers so i can build my own database. I want to run very complex queries and i dont think e-sword will let me.

thanks anyway!
ben

bdh
Sep 23rd 2008, 05:33 AM
Hi scruffian. Yes it's a pity most other developers chose to use either a proprietary or some other form of database format for their modules. When we developed BibleDatabase way back when (long before most of the others did) we made a conscious decision to use plain text format simply so that our modules could be used by other developers. We were hoping others would follow our lead but it never happened which is a pity.

If you ever to find a reliable text source, please post it here. I've found several over the years but all were either badly mangled or inaccurate.

scruffian
Sep 23rd 2008, 07:53 AM
thanks. if there isn't one i will probably make one.

ben

scruffian
Sep 23rd 2008, 02:53 PM
hey how about this:

http://www.ebiblebibles.com/04%20Strong%20Numbers%20Bible/index.htm

bdh
Sep 23rd 2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!

IMINXTC
Sep 24th 2008, 03:14 AM
hey how about this:

http://www.ebiblebibles.com/04%20Strong%20Numbers%20Bible/index.htm

Many thanks for this link!

username31234
Dec 6th 2016, 01:04 AM
Hi Ben,

Did you get your answer? There are many of these databases. I would invite you to my latest post, where I link to a good collection of them.

Post edited by BrianW

I wouldn't call it a "module" but a database, unless you are referring to something else specificly.

ps. lol. nevermind. I see there is some specific software being refferred to.

Hi

Just wondering if there is a module out there which contains strong's numbers?

Thanks for your help

Ben

BrianW
Dec 6th 2016, 01:06 AM
Links to Kickstarter campaigns aren't allowed here bro. Just a heads up. Please stop trying to get people to your links.