PDA

View Full Version : Greatly disappointed

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 22nd 2008, 11:30 PM
Things were really beginning to look up and I was getting my hopes up that I was finally going to be able to move to town soon. But my mom talked to my brother today and found out that we are not going to be able to do what we had hoped to, which is to move onto the land that my brother owns in town. We can't do that because my brother still owes on the land..

It's also hard trying to figure anything out when my dad in the mental state that he's in and won't agree to anything. I tired of living out in the country and I want to start going to church more, but that's not possible living so far from church with gas prices what they are. I want to be able to attend the women's devotion that they have on Tuesday mornings, scripture class on Tuesday evenings, services Wednesday evenings and they are starting a prayer meeting Saturday nights that I would like to go to in addition to Sunday morning and Sunday nights services. I would also like to help out at the church during the day if they need any, I'm sure they'll need someone to help out when the pastor's wife has their baby in a couple months. But it's just not possible for me to attend church that often right now.

Help me pray that there will be something happen to where I'm able to move to town soon. I guess we're going to have to start looking into buying a house in a subdivision since the other plans didn't work out.

CoffeeCat
Sep 22nd 2008, 11:34 PM
:pray:-ing for you, your family situation, and your church situation, too. :hug:

Ashley274
Sep 23rd 2008, 06:28 AM
I am sorry you are having so many problems trying to get closer to your church home....I am praying for you :pray::pray::pray:

abidinglife
Sep 23rd 2008, 07:48 AM
Hey, just want to encourage yu with the story of Elijah. The Lord called him into obscurity for 3 and a half years. And he didn't have any friends or any other disciples that would have fellowship with. I'm sure he felt lonely and sometimes maybe abandoned. JUst know that God is there and he is watching over you. God perhaps made Elijah stronger and more resolve by this stint in the Brook Cherith.

Also notice in the verse that God provided nourishment...As will God provide everything you need for your life. LIving near the city won't necessarily bring you closer to God, only reading his Word and trusting in him daily to provide will bring you in better esteem.

God is sovereign and he will take care of you. He commanded us to abide in the place in which he has pplaced us, which is the verse from which my username comes from. I just love that verse you should search it up...

Prayers are with you.

Redneck Charger
Sep 23rd 2008, 09:07 AM
Please Jesus help *Living~By~Faith* find away to get to church.. she wants to to be in your house.. Please Jesus help her find away there..:pray:

Frances
Sep 23rd 2008, 04:44 PM
:pray: that the Lord enables you to be precisely where He wants you to serve Him .. . . . .

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 23rd 2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks for helping me pray about this. I think I've came up with a temporary solution. I'm going to see if my mom will take me to the prayer meetings on Saturday night. I'm also going to ask one of the women in the church that go to the prayer meeting if I could spend the night at her house. That way it would be easier to go to church Sunday mornings. I don't think it would be an inconvenience to her to spend the night at her house. Besides the woman has told me a couple of times to let her know if she could do anything for me. I'm also thinking about seeing if I could find someone to give me a ride to the devotion on Tuesday mornings then just spend all day there until after the Understanding scripture class that evening. But my problem is I don't like asking for transportation due to the gas prices. I'd rather my mom take me and just pay her for the gas. But I don't like asking her to take me all the time and that just adds to my dad's problems.

Paladin54
Sep 23rd 2008, 06:16 PM
Remember, patience is a virtue. In all things God works for your good, even though we cannot see it at times.

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 23rd 2008, 07:14 PM
Yes, patience is something that I feel the Lord has been trying to teach through some different events over the past few weeks. I've been wanting to move to town for several years now, but different events would prevent that from happening. Hopefully it'll work out this time.

I think that the Lord has something better for me with this moving situation. Maybe I will be able to find another house even closer to the church that I will be able to buy. There are several in the area with for sale signs in the yard, but I believe most of those are way out of my budget.

The hardest part will be living right beside someone in a subdivision. I've lived in the country my whole life, so that is going to be a huge adjustment. I just hope wherever I move, that I'll be able to have a privacy fence in the back yard.

I will also be able to go to church during the day if I want to so that I can get away from the distractions in my home. Which will greatly help my spiritual walk.

turtledove
Sep 23rd 2008, 10:09 PM
This thread has turned into one of mainly giving encouragement and the OP is responding to that .. I moved it to Comfort and Encouragement from prayer requests.

Here you can do both.

wiseoldowl.

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 23rd 2008, 10:33 PM
This thread has turned into one of mainly giving encouragement and the OP is responding to that .. I moved it to Comfort and Encouragement from prayer requests.

Here you can do both.

wiseoldowl.

Thanks, I was thinking that this thread probably needed to be moved.

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 24th 2008, 02:55 AM
There is this one house that is a possibility of buying, but I don't really like the location, it's too far out of town. But I'm really not being allowed to voice an opinion in any of this. I also doubt whatever house I move into will be completely fixed to be accessible to me such as the kitchen.

I'm almost to the point that it doesn't matter to me. I just want to live in town. Maybe I should just check into an apartment, even though I don't really want to live in an apartment. Although there are some less than five minutes from my church that are all specifically handicap accessible.

I would like to look into buying a house in the area where my church is before deciding on this one. But I don't know much about looking into buying a house. I'm also not even sure if it will be possible for us to buy a house. My dad may have bad credit due to not paying some medical bills on times a couple of years ago. So I doubt he'll be approved to get a loan, in which we won't be able to do anything at all.

But my first choice would be to move our current house into town. The house is paid for and we are not going to get much out of it if we try selling it. It would only cost to move it and for the land. But we'd also need to do some work to this house. That may sound strange, but my brother has moved two or three houses over the past few months due to those houses needing to be sold and moved because they are widen the road.

turtledove
Sep 24th 2008, 12:31 PM
But my first choice would be to move our current house into town. The house is paid for and we are not going to get much out of it if we try selling it. It would only cost to move it and for the land. But we'd also need to do some work to this house. That may sound strange, but my brother has moved two or three houses over the past few months due to those houses needing to be sold and moved because they are widen the road.

LBF, moving a house doesn't sound strange to me because when we were in the building business..we once did this. However, as your brother probably knows it does involve a lot more than just moving one..like excavation, putting in a new foundation, and sometimes a well needs to be dug. Each situation is different and requires different things. You may even have to put in a driveway too. As you pray and seek God may you find just the right answer among the options to consider.

Be encouraged to know that as you pray and discern..as you search God's Word, and as the circumstances line up, as you trust in Him... He will lead the way into just the right setting..

Matt 6:34 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavely Father feeds them...And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow." (He cares about you and houses too. :pray:)

owl..praying for you this morning. :hug:

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 25th 2008, 02:06 AM
I went by the house that we are considering buying and I guess it's not too bad of a choice. But I'm going to look in the area around my church to see if there may be a house that may be in our price range. My mom said we probably couldn't afford any of the houses in that area though. The location of this house isn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I would like a house actually in town. It's five minutes from Wal-mart, five minutes from where my mom works and ten minutes from my church. I also already know a couple that I could ride to church with out in that area. One of my dad's friends also lives just down the road so he could go visit him, which would really be a good thing for my dad. The house looked okay from the outside, but it'll be awhile before I will be able to look at the inside. The bad thing is my mom said it could still be a couple of months before we'd be able to move into the house. But I really want to move VERY SOON, so I can become more involved in my church and so that I can go there during the day if I need to get away from any distractions at my house.

Lesa
Sep 25th 2008, 05:18 PM
If you truly desire to be active in your church pray about it then talk to your pastor. Explain the whole situation to them.
I am sure there are brothers and sisters in your church that are more than willing to help you out. If you can't go there call them. That's part of what they are there for.
As a matter of fact they may be praying for someone to help like you. God works in so many different ways it is totally awesome. Someone in your church may actually be praying to aid someone like you and you could be the answer to their prayers.
Speak to your Pastor you just might be in for a blessing. (pardon the word might) you will be in for a blessing.

Much love to you

turtledove
Sep 25th 2008, 08:02 PM
I went by the house that we are considering buying and I guess it's not too bad of a choice. But I'm going to look in the area around my church to see if there may be a house that may be in our price range. My mom said we probably couldn't afford any of the houses in that area though. The location of this house isn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I would like a house actually in town. It's five minutes from Wal-mart, five minutes from where my mom works and ten minutes from my church. I also already know a couple that I could ride to church with out in that area. One of my dad's friends also lives just down the road so he could go visit him, which would really be a good thing for my dad. The house looked okay from the outside, but it'll be awhile before I will be able to look at the inside. The bad thing is my mom said it could still be a couple of months before we'd be able to move into the house. But I really want to move VERY SOON, so I can become more involved in my church and so that I can go there during the day if I need to get away from any distractions at my house.

Although being close to a church (especially if you don't have transportation and because of travel expense) is a good idea, of course, it isn't the only factor to consider. The house itself and how it will work out for you is also.

Anyway, good to look around.

When we moved to town here from a rural area..we bought a place close to where our church was going to build a new facility..meanwhile we had to drive across town and some miles to the present church campus. Then..they decided not to build there and are selling the property and we are still driving. I wonder if we would have chosen this church if we hadn't thought how close and convenient it was going to be. But I am glad we did because it has turned out quite well for us to be there even though we gotta drive much further than had they built the new one. The Lord has opened up opportunities to minister right here in this neighborhood as well as at our church. And we like this house..which seems to be just right for us.

Pray and keep trusting as you hope to find just the right one.

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 25th 2008, 09:32 PM
I think I've came up with a temporary solution. I'm going to see if I can find someone that will meet my mom half way on Tuesday mornings so that I can go to the women's devotion and stay in town or at the church until the Understanding Scripture class that evening. Then have my mom come to church that night for the class so that she could take me home afterwards. Then I'd see if someone could meet us half-way again on Saturday evenings to that I could go to the prayer meeting. I'd ask one of the women if I could spend the night at her house instead of going back home that evening. But I think that we'd have to quit going to Wednesday night services until we get moved to town, because that'd be too much going three times a week. I just realized that I've said almost the same thing I said a couple of days ago. I will talk to the pastor on Sunday to see if he can help me find someone that would be willing to meet us half-way to bring me to church.

As for the house, I'm not completely happy with it, which is why I hope to be able to look into others before buying it. But I think the house should work out okay. I'm going to be contacting some realtors in the area and see if there may be anything that we can afford in the area that I'm interested in.

I know that growing closer to the Lord and putting the Lord first starts with myself, but I feel that by becoming more involved in church and going more often will help me become closer to the Lord and will help me learn to put the Lord first in my life. That is something that I've wanted to do for a long time and I really believe that I'm now finally getting there.

I am finally noticing a difference in myself. I can tell that I've grown in the Lord and changed so much over just the past few weeks. I have really learned to put my trust in the Lord and to let go of things that were preventing me from getting closer to the Lord.

turtledove
Sep 26th 2008, 11:53 AM
I know that growing closer to the Lord and putting the Lord first starts with myself, but I feel that by becoming more involved in church and going more often will help me become closer to the Lord and will help me learn to put the Lord first in my life. That is something that I've wanted to do for a long time and I really believe that I'm now finally getting there.

I am finally noticing a difference in myself. I can tell that I've grown in the Lord and changed so much over just the past few weeks. I have really learned to put my trust in the Lord and to let go of things that were preventing me from getting closer to the Lord.

And be encouraged to continue putting your trust in Him. Btw, this is something I have to constantly remind myself to do..cause as my mom used to say, sometimes... "we can't see the forest for all of the trees." God, who sees the whole picture, always has our welfare in mind.

And that is just great that you can see the difference in yourself. So important to sort of take an inventory as we grow. And finding a good congregation surely does help us grow closer to the Lord. There we are part of like minded folks in Christian community and with how it can be in our world and all we face daily.. it is extremely important to worship God together and support one another in fellowship and love. :)

:spin: owl :)

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 26th 2008, 06:52 PM
We went to look at the house today. I really didn't care much for it, but I may not have a choice if we can't find something else soon. Yesterday I looked on the local real estate websites and found several houses in town that have 3 bedrooms and 1 or 2 baths in the price range that we can afford. There is one house in particular that I really liked, except it's not as close to my church that I'd like. So I'm hoping that I'll find something closer to church that we can afford soon.

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 30th 2008, 01:04 AM
I've been contacting real estate agencies in my county the past couple of days and now mom just told me that my dad said we're not moving because we can't afford to. We can if my brother helps out by buying some land from us so that he can build houses on it to sell. It's a win-win situation for everyone. But unsprisingly my dad isn't agreeing to do that.

I guess my only option now is to find somewhere to rent in town. But I really don't like the idea of renting because I would rather be putting my money on a mortgage. I also don't like the idea of renting because I feel like that will be it and I'll be stuck there instead of trying to find a house that we can afford to buy. There are some houses that are for rent a few minutes from the church that are all handicap accessible, so I'm going to check into those. Maybe the houses are duplexs and my parents can rent one side and I can rent the other side. I don't have any idea what I'll do about furniture either, since it'll just be me moving and not my parents. But it's time I get out of my own and move closer to town and my church. My parents won't like that, but I can't help it if they aren't willing to do something else.

This is just so discouraging to me because I've wanted to live close to town for over five years now and after waiting so long I thought it was finally going to happen. I'm also so disappointed in myself for not learning to drive a few years ago when I had my permit. But I didn't have anyone to teach me. I would like to be able to drive so that I don't have to rely on others. I guess this didn't really bother me in the past because I used to not want to go places often, but now I would like to become involved in my church. I asked the pastor's wife and she said that she doesn't know of anyone out towards me that I would be able to give me a ride. I'm just so tired of being such an inconvenience to everyone. Moving to town won't solve that problem completely, but it will help make it easier for others to give me a ride. I need to turn this into the motivation that I need to get my drivers license. That is if I can get someone to teach me to drive. The thing is I really don't like driving, I'm nervous and my back starts hurting after a while.

Most of the classes at my church are just what I need to help me grow in my spiritual walk and will enable me to get to know others on a one-on-one basis which will help me to make friends. I'm taking the Understanding Scripture class which will be a more in-depth study of the Word. I'm also going to take the intercessory prayer class on Saturday evenings if I can figure out a way to get there. I wasn't sure about taking that class, since I don't have a very good prayer life, but I now believe that will probably help me in my prayer life. I'm also taking the evangelism class, but it's on Sunday evenings, so it's not a problem going to that class. But I may not be able go on Wednesday evenings so that I can go the other nights. But I'd like to become an assistant for one of the classes that they have for the kids on Wednesday nights if I can go on that night. I didn't think I was ready for that, but over the past week I have felt like I am.

turtledove
Sep 30th 2008, 10:43 AM
Hi LBF..here are a few scriptures for your encouragement today:

"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Prov 3:5-6)

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him." (Ps. 37:7)

God bless..

Itisfinished
Sep 30th 2008, 11:07 AM
Hey Living~By~Faith, I too wanted to encourage you this morning, The bible is clear when it teaches us not to forsake the gathering of the brethren However God is the God that see's your heart, Know ye not that you are the temple of the Holy Ghost?(1corinthians 6:19). Your God is Bigger than gas prices and bigger then any distance, He will make a way for you and already has. There is nothing to hard for your God Jer 32:27. Since Christ in you is the hope of glory (Col 1:27) You have the Spirit of the Living God, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty, You are free to Praise Him and give Him Glory where ever and however you want! Dont let the building thing Stop you because you are the Church you are the Bride! And as for everything else that is going on around you God says He will give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. Isaiah 61:3. Its always good to sow in the time of famine so I suggest you sow Praise and give him Glory through the trials, Your already Victorious. Peace and Blessings to you!

*Living~By~Faith*
Oct 4th 2008, 06:17 AM
This is no longer a matter of IF I'm moving, but WHEN. Please just continue praying with me that things will work out so that I can move to town sooner rather than later. I just hope that one of the duplexs is available. I should be able to find out if one is sometime next week.

*Living~By~Faith*
Oct 11th 2008, 02:09 AM
I'm going to fill out an application next week fot the duplexes that are close to my church but there is a waiting list with three people before me, so it may be a while before I am able to move there.

I checked into another place today close to church that also has duplexes. I have to call on Tuesday morning to make an appointment to go to the office to fill out an application. But the woman I talked to said that they have a handicap accessible apartment that is vacant. It just needs to be cleaned and painted before someone can move in. I forget to specifically ask her, but t was my understanding that there isn't anyone on a waiting list for that apartment. But I should find out for sure about that when I call on Tuesday. Hopefully they'll get someone in there and get it cleaned up and painted quickly if they have someone wanting to move in. The problem is I'm not sure about the neighborhood. I'm going to have a friend that works at the police station to see if the neighborhood is safe and if there has been anything going on in that neighborhood. But I know that could be a problem anywhere I move.

σяєяυииєя
Oct 11th 2008, 11:51 PM
Hey Living ,

Best wishes about that :D

Go well

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5459/natureavyty7.jpg
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3020/lifesigyyt9.gif

richlyblessed
Oct 15th 2008, 06:31 PM
you seem to be focusing so much on your problems and that is why you see only difficulties.. why are you complaining your blessings away? See the bright light.. and be like Joshua and Caleb.. believe that the kingdom of heaven is within you.. which is true as the bible says it is.. remember the bible says if you have faith you can achieve anything, you can move mountains in your life. Do you have faith?do you know how to use the power of belief to get what you want? i found this site and it was helpful to me and the e-book, it took me up.. try it
www.amazingtouch.blogspot.com (http://www.amazingtouch.blogspot.com)