PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout dem Cowboys? (Calling all Cowboys fans & all else who wish to pay homage)

Literalist-Luke
Sep 23rd 2008, 02:29 AM
Well, it looks as if the Cowboys are on their way to another great season!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/lombardi.gif

Here's just two little tidbits worth mentioning:

1. First time since mid 70's to start 3-0 two years in a row. Even the 90's dynasty teams didn't do that.

2. Yesterday was the first EVER Cowboys victory at Lambeugh (sp?) Field.

Bring on the Redskins! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/cowboyszone/bashers/NFL/basher_redskins.gif

stillforgiven
Sep 23rd 2008, 02:44 AM
I am a fan, cause it's pretty much expected where I live, though my loyalties are split. Sorry,dude, but that's just the way it is. ;)

So, what do you think of Felix Jones? I'm so relieved to see that he's made the transition to the NFL pretty well. We miss him (and DMac) here, let me tell you. Got our tails stomped Saturday.

My grandmother would be happy with the Cowboys. She was fan when no one else was at times. I can't wait to see what the rest of the seasons holds.

Love your graphics, btw. :)

Literalist-Luke
Sep 23rd 2008, 03:14 AM
I am a fan, cause it's pretty much expected where I live, though my loyalties are split. Sorry,dude, but that's just the way it is. ;)Well, nobody's perfect. :lol:
So, what do you think of Felix Jones?He looks great to me. :thumbsup:
I'm so relieved to see that he's made the transition to the NFL pretty well. We miss him (and DMac) here, let me tell you. Got our tails stomped Saturday.Who's "we"? Where are you from?
Love your graphics, btw. :)I got lots more where those came from.

:D

Big T
Sep 23rd 2008, 01:10 PM
pretty quiet in here

(tee hee hee)

MrAnteater
Sep 23rd 2008, 01:16 PM
I've been saying the Cowboys will win the Superbowl since the beginning of the season.

All the players are there.

IPet2_9
Sep 23rd 2008, 02:50 PM
Cowboys rule. They just need another good quarterback. Tony Romo has his episodes. The offense just needs to cover for him during those times when he's just lost his rhythm.

Lyndie
Sep 23rd 2008, 03:10 PM
Well, I'm a female and I like the Cowboys. (its hubby's fault though)Although I don't understand a lot of the game, I usually watch and just wait to see who wins, lol.

IPet2_9
Sep 23rd 2008, 03:47 PM
Well, I'm a female and I like the Cowboys. (its hubby's fault though)

Sounds like you're doomed to watch the Cowboys for the rest of your life on account of your spouse, the same way I am doomed to listen to country music for the rest of my life on account of mine.
:o

You have a smart hubby, though. Glad to hear he is carrying the torch in the Northeast. It's a worthy cause.
:P

Lyndie
Sep 23rd 2008, 09:23 PM
LOL, he gets a lot of grief up here for it tho.

IPet2_9
Sep 23rd 2008, 11:07 PM
I know the feeling. I was a Cowboy fan in San Francisco 49er territory before. It's okay, though--the Cowboys beat the 49ers those years. :) And won the Superbowl. mmm hmmmm.....

IPet2_9
Sep 23rd 2008, 11:50 PM
Who are the Eagles? Don't they have an album out?

stillforgiven
Sep 23rd 2008, 11:50 PM
Who's "we"? Where are you from?

NW Arkansas ~ home of the Razorbacks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/tkjohnson/arkansas_100.gif

EaglesWINGS911
Sep 24th 2008, 01:01 AM
Cowboys are in my 2nd place..due to the fact that my man is a fan and he's from Texas...buut...my first loyalties lie with the Colts and good ole Peyt. Who played for my Vols back in the day.

Ayala
Sep 24th 2008, 01:12 AM
Lambeugh (sp?) Field

Lambeau...

I'll play nice and be a good sport...for now. :P

stillforgiven
Sep 24th 2008, 01:28 AM
Lambeau...

I'll play nice and be a good sport...for now. :P

:lol:

I was thinking of you the other night, Jer. Sorry for your loss. :cry:

Ayala
Sep 24th 2008, 01:30 AM
I'm not gonna lie, we played horrible on Sunday. It's all good though...I got faith in our crew. Al Harris is out though..

-____-

Semi-tortured
Sep 25th 2008, 05:21 PM
Cowboy fan for almost 20 years now.

Felix Jones is a heck of a pickup in the draft. He's everything Julius Jones wasn't. Barber as our battering ram and Jones as our change of pace back is perfect. Still wish Romo wouldn't have his "Jessica Simpson" moments where he becomes functionally retarded in the pocket, but he makes a great deal of ridiculously awesome plays to counter it. I'm still worried about our defense. The Brown and Packer wins looked like it was the opponents offense sputtering rather anything the 'Boys D was doing. There is no excuse for that defense to be weak. On paper they have top 5 Defense ability.

Orendorf
Sep 25th 2008, 08:25 PM

Felix Jones is a heck of a pickup in the draft. He's everything Julius Jones wasn't. Barber as our battering ram and Jones as our change of pace back is perfect. Still wish Romo wouldn't have his "Jessica Simpson" moments where he becomes functionally retarded in the pocket, but he makes a great deal of ridiculously awesome plays to counter it. I'm still worried about our defense. The Brown and Packer wins looked like it was the opponents offense sputtering rather anything the 'Boys D was doing. There is no excuse for that defense to be weak. On paper they have top 5 Defense ability.

As a razorback fan, I definitely will enjoy following Felix's career at Dallas.

And please don't start on how horrible Arkansas is this year... it's gonna be a painful season.

IPet2_9
Sep 25th 2008, 08:56 PM
And please don't start on how horrible Arkansas is this year... it's gonna be a painful season.

But how about Arkansas State, man! They beat up A&M!

Orendorf
Sep 25th 2008, 09:10 PM
But how about Arkansas State, man! They beat up A&M!

I love when the aggies lose to anyone :D

Them and Notre Dame, for some reason I have this irrational dislike of both teams...

IPet2_9
Sep 25th 2008, 10:32 PM
Well...I do like Notre Dame, and I *do* have a rational reason for it: because their colors are green! So I'm not gonna have any of it. No negative comments about Notre Dame, Oregon, Baylor, or Michigan State allowed.

stillforgiven
Sep 26th 2008, 12:04 AM
As a razorback fan, I definitely will enjoy following Felix's career at Dallas.

You're a Razorback fan in Colorado? Did you grow up down here?

apothanein kerdos
Sep 26th 2008, 05:52 AM
I'm a Sooner fan and a Cowboy fan. It's shaping up to be a good year for me.

Due to my rabid obsession with college football, however, I tend to become quite more excited about OU, but I still watch the Cowboys.

Orendorf
Sep 26th 2008, 02:04 PM
You're a Razorback fan in Colorado? Did you grow up down here?

Yeah, I grew up in Northwest Arkansas so I was always at the home games. I've been a number of different places since then but Colorado Springs is where I plan to stay, it's just great out here.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 26th 2008, 02:40 PM
I'm a Sooner fan and a Cowboy fan. It's shaping up to be a good year for me.

Due to my rabid obsession with college football, however, I tend to become quite more excited about OU, but I still watch the Cowboys.Hey, I liked you already just from reading your posts, but being a fellow Sooner fan just shot you straight to the top of my list! :thumbsup:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/OUHelmet.gif

apothanein kerdos
Sep 26th 2008, 11:29 PM
Hey, I liked you already just from reading your posts, but being a fellow Sooner fan just shot you straight to the top of my list! :thumbsup:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/OUHelmet.gif

I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred, when I die I'll be Sooner dead.

I've been a fan forever, even during 1991-1998. God, in His grace, bestowed Bob Stoops upon us in 1999.

I might be able to attend an OU game this year (a few in fact). Of course, my immediate hope is they win tomorrow. I can't stand TCU as it is (preppy and a loss at home to them a few years ago) - I don't need that again.

stillforgiven
Sep 27th 2008, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I grew up in Northwest Arkansas so I was always at the home games. I've been a number of different places since then but Colorado Springs is where I plan to stay, it's just great out here.

My BIL was stationed in the mountain about 10 yrs ago, and they too loved Colorado Springs. It was my favorite place to visit them, and if I was to live anywhere but here, it would def be in the Rockies.

:lol:

Of course, my immediate hope is they win tomorrow. I can't stand TCU as it is preppy...

agreed!!

*Hope*
Sep 27th 2008, 02:05 AM
I grew up being a Cowboys fan (even though I'm a girl) because one of my older brother's heros was Roger Staubach. But I cannot bring myself to forgive Tony Romo for that time when he lost a game and sat on his butt in the inzone crying like a baby. I still support the Cowboys as a team, and I do realize he's a good QB, but I just don't have any respect for him as a man (especially since he's dating Jessica Simpson too, ew). On a side note though...college football is all-consuming and the highlight of my weekend! :D

apothanein kerdos
Sep 27th 2008, 02:14 AM
I grew up being a Cowboys fan (even though I'm a girl) because one of my older brother's heros was Roger Staubach. But I cannot bring myself to forgive Tony Romo for that time when he lost a game and sat on his butt in the inzone crying like a baby. I still support the Cowboys as a team, and I do realize he's a good QB, but I just don't have any respect for him as a man (especially since he's dating Jessica Simpson too, ew). On a side note though...college football is all-consuming and the highlight of my weekend! :D

The fact that you didn't bring up OU when it's been the main topic of the last few posts leads me to believe that I should disown you.

*Hope*
Sep 27th 2008, 10:46 PM
The fact that you didn't bring up OU when it's been the main topic of the last few posts leads me to believe that I should disown you.

Well, okay. Here we go:

* OU has the longest current winning streak at home (57-4)
* OU is the only program in the nation to have four 100 win coaches
* OU has ranked #1 in the BCS 18 times
* OU has ranked within the top 5 in the BCS 38 times
* OU has the longest winning streak in history w/47 (under Bud Wilkinson)
* OU ranks #1 in the nation for all-time points scored (this was before this season when they have averaged 55 points per game)
* OU has won the Big 12 Conference 5 times - all under Bob Stoops, with 5 different Quarterbacks
* OU has Sam Bradford as QB who leads the nation in passing effeciency completing 79% of his passes
* OU has won 7 national championships

That's all I can think of right now. How's that for talking about OU? :)

Literalist-Luke
Sep 28th 2008, 01:54 AM

I've been a fan forever, even during 1991-1998. God, in His grace, bestowed Bob Stoops upon us in 1999.

I might be able to attend an OU game this year (a few in fact). Of course, my immediate hope is they win tomorrow. I can't stand TCU as it is (preppy and a loss at home to them a few years ago) - I don't need that again.Considering that it's 35-3 OU in the 4th quarter as I'm typing this, I'd say your wish is about to be granted. :D

Literalist-Luke
Sep 28th 2008, 01:55 AM
Well, okay. Here we go:

* OU has the longest current winning streak at home (57-4)
* OU is the only program in the nation to have four 100 win coaches
* OU has ranked #1 in the BCS 18 times
* OU has ranked within the top 5 in the BCS 38 times
* OU has the longest winning streak in history w/47 (under Bud Wilkinson)
* OU ranks #1 in the nation for all-time points scored (this was before this season when they have averaged 55 points per game)
* OU has won the Big 12 Conference 5 times - all under Bob Stoops, with 5 different Quarterbacks
* OU has Sam Bradford as QB who leads the nation in passing effeciency completing 79% of his passes
* OU has won 7 national championships

That's all I can think of right now. How's that for talking about OU? :)Good job - :thumbsup:

Now how about some trash talk about Oklahoma State? :lol:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/OklahomaStateCowboys2.gif

IPet2_9
Sep 28th 2008, 02:31 AM
OU's a good bunch of guys. I'm going to feel really bad when UT has to show them the way out of Dallas in a couple weeks. I think I'm going to have to root against them next week, too. They're playing Baylor. Have to root for Baylor--their jerseys are green. Also, they're Baptist.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 28th 2008, 03:52 AM
OU's a good bunch of guys. I'm going to feel really bad when UT has to show them the way out of Dallas in a couple weeks. I think I'm going to have to root against them next week, too. They're playing Baylor. Have to root for Baylor--their jerseys are green. Also, they're Baptist.Hhmph. As a former Southern Baptist, I can tell you that Baylor is about as "Baptist" as UC Berkeley.

As for the Longhorns showing the Sooners the way out, that's because they'll be the ones leading with their tails between their legs. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/heh.gif

IPet2_9
Sep 28th 2008, 04:18 AM
Hhmph. As a former Southern Baptist, I can tell you that Baylor is about as "Baptist" as UC Berkeley.

Good point. About 3 years ago they legalized dancing. Still, gotta root for them. You've got the pagan, infringers on the Indians' last bastion of dignity in America and breaking the U.S. law while doing it, vs. God's school, the Christians. I have to root for Baylor, I'm a Christian.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 28th 2008, 05:00 AM
You've got the pagan, infringers on the Indians' last bastion of dignity in America and breaking the U.S. law while doing it, vs. God's school, the Christians. I have to root for Baylor, I'm a Christian.:lol:

OK, fair enough. :thumbsup:

apothanein kerdos
Sep 28th 2008, 11:44 PM
Good point. About 3 years ago they legalized dancing. Still, gotta root for them. You've got the pagan, infringers on the Indians' last bastion of dignity in America and breaking the U.S. law while doing it, vs. God's school, the Christians. I have to root for Baylor, I'm a Christian.

If you're a true Christian then you would root for OU. :)

As for Saxet - who have they played this year? As usual under the Stoops era, Saxet will return to Austin in shame, only having one loss in the season, and that one loss being to OU.

IPet2_9
Sep 29th 2008, 02:43 AM
Looks like OU is now #1--not a good place to be. OU will probably beat Baylor, but UT is another story. It would be good for OU if they were NOT #1 two weeks from now.

Looks like the Indians beat the Cowboys this Sunday. I'm sure that was God providing the Indians a respite for centuries of persecution at the hands of white man. I know the Cowboys are superhuman, but hey--you can't beat God.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 29th 2008, 04:51 AM
:cry:

Redskins beat Cowboys......

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/bang_head_2.gif

1of7000
Sep 30th 2008, 07:47 AM
Bills 4-0 :o

how many bills fans to change a light bulb?

11, 1 to change the bulb 10 to talk about how good the old one was.

stillforgiven
Sep 30th 2008, 11:53 PM
nice :rofl::rofl:

IPet2_9
Oct 1st 2008, 12:05 AM
How many Cowboys does it take to change a light bulb?

5. 1 to change the light bulb, but 4 attorneys to negotiate the contract first, before he'll change anything.

(I made that up)

servantsheart
Oct 1st 2008, 01:03 AM

:ppGot your pop corn ready?!! Love them DALLAS COWBOY.
:mad:hated to loose to the Redskins...especially since my
husband is a big Redskins fan ....I watched a little back in
the days of John Riggins!
I started watching the Cowboys to keep a door open in
conversations with my son when he was little. Back then
Troy quartered backed...another good reason to watch them...
Romo will come along. He has matured alot. We will just keep
:pp Praying them over the top! :pp

Old Earther
Oct 20th 2008, 06:23 PM
How 'bout them Cowboys now? LOL :rofl:

Literalist-Luke
Oct 20th 2008, 07:29 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w40/litluke/storm.gif

Old Earther
Oct 20th 2008, 08:35 PM
Have you given up on the Cowgirls so soon, Luke? It's not too late to convert to the right team. :lol:

stillforgiven
Oct 21st 2008, 12:58 AM

Ummm, yeah, I saw that.

stillforgiven
Oct 21st 2008, 12:59 AM
Have you given up on the Cowgirls so soon, Luke? It's not too late to convert to the right team. :lol:

Which of course is the Titans.....6-0.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/tkjohnson/mb%20graphics/titans_logo.jpg

Literalist-Luke
Oct 21st 2008, 09:07 AM
Have you given up on the Cowgirls so soon, Luke? It's not too late to convert to the right team. :lol:Oh, I'm still with the right team, not to worry. They just need to bring the right brains to the game is all. :D

Old Earther
Oct 21st 2008, 08:59 PM
Which of course is the Titans.....6-0.

Great start, but the collapse is imminent.

stillforgiven
Oct 22nd 2008, 12:41 AM
Great start, but the collapse is imminent.

Unfortunately, I can't argue with that. They are just now about to play real teams.

But I can still enjoy it while I have it. :D

lilwrangler
Oct 22nd 2008, 03:22 PM
I've often joked to people that I "bleed blue" in reference to my favorite team, The Dallas Cowboys. But I have not been this disgruntled with them since Tom Landry was shown the door in that most unprofessional of ways way back when.The way they are conducting themselves now both on and off the field makes me long for the days of Gary Hogeboom and Steve Pueller. It's despicable. This team lacks EVERYTHING that all great teams have.

1) Heart - Totally devoid of anything resembling it. They quit against St. Louis. QUIT!!! And it's not just that one game. Any time in recent memory that this team has faced adversity they have folded like a brown paper bag at a grocery store. The push to the playoffs last year in another prime example. They simply folded up their tents, took their ball and went home when things did not go exactly according to plan. Disgusting.

2) Focus - Does anyone on this team, aside from maybe Jason Witten, have any TEAM GOALS for which they strive to accomplish? I honestly can't tell. Sure they give the proper press quotes when pushed but it's obvious no one on this team has anyone other than themselves on their mind.

3) Swagger - And I'm not talking about the puffy chest mess we have seen on diplay in the likes of television shows such as HBO Hard Knocks. I mean the kind of swagger that is obvious when a team like the Redskins comes into your homefield and proceeds to bust you in the mouth and you get up, dust off and then promptly clean their plow. I mean the kind of swagger that intimidates an opposing QB. The kind of swagger that makes a DB think, "holy crap, who am I supposed to stop? There's so many of them!!" And this team instills none of that in their opponents. If anything, nowdays teams look at Dallas and see the rich kid on the block who, if you make his nose bleed, will gladly give you his lunch money next time if all you do is simply raise your voice at him.

And all of these deficiencies fall DIRECTLY on the head coach. Wade Phillips simply refuses to hold his players accountable for their play. He refuses to shake up his line-up and make people truly fear for their jobs if they aren't giving maximum effort ala Parcells and Jimmy Johnson. I don't think anyone in the league would disagree that if Dallas plays up to their potential that they would be one of the elite teams in the NFL. But he has not motivated this team to that degree. He has created no sense of urgency among them after three demoralizing and schematically speaking unforgivable losses.

If this team makes the playoffs it will be by devine intervention only. As it stands now with injuries and the schedule we are staring 4-6 in the face.

Old Earther
Oct 22nd 2008, 06:18 PM
Excellent post, lilwrangler!

Go Iggles!

lilwrangler
Oct 22nd 2008, 07:38 PM
Excellent post, lilwrangler!

Go Iggles!

PHILTHadelphia.

UGH!

stillforgiven
Oct 28th 2008, 03:54 AM
Make that 7-0 ...... :D

Old Earther
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:51 PM
stillforgiven,

Your titans are for real!

But how bout dem Cowgirls? :lol:

In other news, the Iggles win their third straight. Can they prevail against eli and the Giants?

Old Earther
Nov 3rd 2008, 04:52 PM
PHILTHadelphia.

UGH!

How bout them Phillies! The best baseball team in the world!

stillforgiven
Nov 10th 2008, 12:26 AM
stillforgiven,

Your titans are for real!

Finally. I've been a fan since the team was formed, and I've been laughed at many times. Once I was in Nashville meeting up with my music industry friends, and we went to the Pancake Pantry before hitting the road. They picked on me for several days for my reaction to sitting next to a group of Titans and families. I was cool about it though, knowing how goofy I thought fans of my friends acted. I just had my meal and let the Titan's have theirs.

BTW...

9-0 :D

Old Earther
Dec 8th 2008, 04:27 PM
stillforgiven,

Your Titans are a power house!

So, how bout them cowboys?

Watch out! The Eagles are rising!

mrsparks
Dec 8th 2008, 04:31 PM
Yep, congrats to the Eagles on their win. And I'd like to thank the Packers for losing again!

GO BEARS!

Literalist-Luke
Dec 8th 2008, 05:41 PM

'Nuff said.

(Maybe closing that hole in the roof wouldn't be such a bad idea...........)

Nothing
Dec 8th 2008, 05:43 PM
My beloved Steelers gave them every oppurtunity to win the ball game, but thank you so much Tony Romo!!!!

stillforgiven
Dec 9th 2008, 01:59 AM

'Nuff said.

(Maybe closing that hole in the roof wouldn't be such a bad idea...........)

I take an evening class, and my professor is a Cowboys fan. It's been a fun season......for me.

May have to take him this graphic. :D

Old Earther
Dec 10th 2008, 01:14 AM
Now Jerry Jones has calledhis top running back a sissy. Soon, T.O. will blow up and the Cowboys will self-destruct. Literalist Luke, it's not too late for you to become aPhillyated.

wheatbread
Dec 10th 2008, 03:36 PM
My beloved Steelers gave them every oppurtunity to win the ball game, but thank you so much Tony Romo!!!!

:lol: That was hardly fair, the Steelers defense was playing with 12 men on the field :o

I had hopes (still do) for this season but not high ones, just have not seen a dominant performance that I think a Superbowl team needs.

Old Earther
Dec 21st 2008, 08:14 AM
Cowboys lose to the Ravens. How 'bout them Cowboys?

Old Earther
Dec 29th 2008, 02:15 AM
The Eagles defeate the Cowboys 44-6!

Cowboys? Gimme a break.

How 'bout them Eagles?

stillforgiven
Dec 29th 2008, 03:29 AM
The Eagles defeated the Cowboys 44-6!

OUCH!!!

Go Titans!!

Old Earther
Dec 29th 2008, 05:23 PM
Where is literalist luke and his fellow Cowgirl fans? I hope they are okay.

karenoka27
Dec 29th 2008, 05:34 PM
http://www.skepticalcommunity.com/phpbb2/uploads/patflag_203.gif:cry::cry:

Go Titans!

steelerbabe
Dec 29th 2008, 08:17 PM
Congradulations to the Patriots for being the first team in NFL history to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs:pp

servantsheart
Jan 4th 2009, 07:20 AM
I never leave my team...even when we go down in flames.
We will ride again in 2009. New stadium and new hopes.
Can not wait.
Go COWBOYS!

shepherdsword
Jan 4th 2009, 01:30 PM
Congradulations to the Patriots for being the first team in NFL history to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs:pp
They can thank my mighty Dolphins for that!

stillforgiven
Jan 4th 2009, 05:35 PM
I never leave my team...even when we go down in flames.
We will ride again in 2009. New stadium and new hopes.
Can not wait.
Go COWBOYS!

That's the way a true fan should be, and if she were still alive, my grandmother would be right there with you. ;)

I've been a Titans fan since they incorporated as a team, even when they didn't have great seasons, and there's no promise of what next season will bring. I'll still be a fan. :)

Emanate
Jan 4th 2009, 07:46 PM
That's the way a true fan should be, and if she were still alive, my grandmother would be right there with you. ;)

I've been a Titans fan since they incorporated as a team, even when they didn't have great seasons, and there's no promise of what next season will bring. I'll still be a fan. :)

That would mean you were a Houston Oiler fan. You know, the team they were incorporated as.

stillforgiven
Jan 4th 2009, 07:49 PM
That would mean you were a Houston Oiler fan. You know, the team they were incorporated as.

So true! :) I don't find too many who actually remember that little fact, esp now that there are the Texans. Yes, I liked the Oilers when I was a kid, much to the dismay of my family, who are all Dallas fans. A twinge of rebellion, perhaps. ;) So when they were picked up by Nashville, I was happy to become a Titans fan, and still am. Imagine my surprise when I was having a meal at the Pancake Pantry one day in Nashville, and sitting at a larger table was some of the players. I didn't "fan" them, but it was hard not to. :P

Emanate
Jan 4th 2009, 08:11 PM
So true! :) I don't find too many who actually remember that little fact, esp now that there are the Texans. Yes, I liked the Oilers when I was a kid, much to the dismay of my family, who are all Dallas fans. A twinge of rebellion, perhaps. ;) So when they were picked up by Nashville, I was happy to become a Titans fan, and still am. Imagine my surprise when I was having a meal at the Pancake Pantry one day in Nashville, and sitting at a larger table was some of the players. I didn't "fan" them, but it was hard not to. :P

Yes, many people in Texas still dislike the Titans owner for moving Houston's team away and then more so for denying the new Houston team the legal right to carry the Oilers name.

stillforgiven
Jan 4th 2009, 08:35 PM
Yes, many people in Texas still dislike the Titans owner for moving Houston's team away and then more so for denying the new Houston team the legal right to carry the Oilers name.

Really? I didn't know that part about the Oilers name, and I wondered why they didn't pick the Oilers name back up. Sounds rather petty to me. I was too young to catch all the whys and such behind the move to Nashville, so I made the switch without any issues. It probably helps that I'm not from Texas too, just a boarder state, and my parents were Cowboy fans. If they'd been Oilers fans, I'd probably heard all about it and been banned from the Titans. ;)

steelerbabe
Jan 4th 2009, 11:43 PM
The Houston Oilers bring back so many memories for me. My mom was a die-hard Steelers fan since their inception back in 1933. She grew up in Coal port, PA. She could not stand the Oilers and Bum Philips. After a especially heart breaking loss to the Oilers, ny brother-in-law called my mom and started singing that horrific fight song, We're the Houston Oilers.:lol: My mom rarely cussed but she told Jamo to go to h e double hockey sticks. God bless my mom. She would defend Jack Lambert til her death bed. One game, Lambert kicked a player after the play and I pointed that out to mom and she said, "No honey, he had a involuntary leg spasm":o That is why until the day I die I will bleed black and gold. They will bury me just like her with my terrible towel.;)

lilwrangler
Jan 7th 2009, 02:39 PM
Wade Phillips didn't even meet with the team before dismissing them for the season. They met only with their respective position coaches. What? Are you kidding me? His team just suffered what most would deem as two of the most crushing defeats in FRANCHISE HISTORY, in back to back weeks no less, and he runs and hides in his office. Of course, I don't know why I'm so surprised. Phillips has always been somewhat of a hayseed throughout his entire pro career. Classic case of great coordinator but pitiful head coach. Norv Turner, Steve Spurrier and Buddy Ryan all come to mind as examples.

Jerry Jones needs to wake up. This team is still LOADED with talent. The secondary needs some bolstering depth-wise as does the O-line. But beyond that, we're in good shape. Playmakers up and down the roster. This team lacks one thing and one thing only.......a head coach. And I'm not talking about Jason Garrett either. He should have to forfeit some of his salary for such a shameful showing. An 8yr old could have dissected his play-calling down the stretch. Pitiful. Just pitiful. He's Diet Andy Reid. Throw the ball. Throw the ball. And then throw it some more. Uhhhh, Jason, you are aware that you have one of the toughest RBs in the league right? And were you paying attention when he (MBIII) got hurt that another stud (T.CHOICE) stepped up and made plays in his absence, right? It's okay, Jason, to simply let Romo turn around and ::gasp:: hand the ball off to a RB. OMG! And with one of the largest offensive lines in the league, it works most of the time.

WAKE UP, JERRY!!!

Fire the bumbling Wade Phillips. Or, at the very least, demote him to Def. Co-Ordinator (because B. Stewart is a HORRIBLE one) and go hire a real head coach. Ya know, there's this guy that used to be a HC that talks about football from time to time on the Fox Network. He used to be pretty good. Even won a few Super Bowls too. His name is on the tip of my tongue........oh yeah, JIMMY JOHNSON. Pay him. Whatever he wants. 5yrs for $25mil. is a good starting place. It would be your best investment since drafting Demarcus Ware, Jerry. We cannot win with Wade Phillips are our head coach.

If he stays this team will miss the playoffs, yet again, and the narrow window of talent that we now possess will be slammed shut. Zach Thomas already saw the writing on the wall. Wise up, Jerry. This team can still be salvaged.

Old Earther
Jan 9th 2009, 01:10 AM
lilwrangler,

With all due respect, the Eagles beat down on the cowgirls much more viciously and devestatingly than did the Ravens.

Bottom line: cowgirls stink, Eagles rule.

Jolie76
Jan 9th 2009, 09:47 PM
I like the Cowboys, when there on their game there bad ass. The issue is the team as a whole are being coached by someone who needs to be fired. Let someone else take over.

Also they do have alot of good players to work with, hopefully with that horrible loss last month they will practice even harder.

I don't think they suck I think they just had a bad year as so many NFL teams did, there no different.:bounce:

stillforgiven
Jan 11th 2009, 12:41 AM
Well, the Titans are out. They just lost to the Ravens. :cry:

ed0526
Jan 11th 2009, 05:25 AM
I'm not the biggest Football fan, but I do like the Cowboys. That's my boyfriend's team, and they're ok. I've also met the DC Cheerleaders when I was little and wanted to become one of them one day... anywho Go Cowboys...(even though they're out now)...

..... but we all know....

The PATS are SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!:pp

steelerbabe
Jan 11th 2009, 05:48 AM
Well, the Titans are out. They just lost to the Ravens. :cry:

Karma - shouldn't have stomped on the terrible towel after the Steelers self destructed:rolleyes: You did get jobbed when they didn't call the Ravens for delay of game. Turnovers were even that much of a factor since the Ravens didn't score.

stillforgiven
Jan 11th 2009, 06:49 AM
Karma - shouldn't have stomped on the terrible towel after the Steelers self destructed:rolleyes: You did get jobbed when they didn't call the Ravens for delay of game. Turnovers were even that much of a factor since the Ravens didn't score.

Yes, that delay of game being missed hurt, but the Titans beat themselves with two turnovers when they were about to score touchdowns. Not to mention all the penalties.

Oh well. I was a fan before this season, and I'll still be a fan next season. :)

lilwrangler
Jan 12th 2009, 12:30 PM
lilwrangler,

With all due respect, the Eagles beat down on the cowgirls much more viciously and devestatingly than did the Ravens.

Bottom line: cowgirls stink, Eagles rule.

You're wrong. On all accounts.

Losing like we did to the Ravens in the last game to be played in Texas Stadium in front of that crowd was unforgivable. Losing the next week to Philthy was an almost foregone conclusion.

And no team that has underachieved as much as the PHILTHadelphia Iggles have in their history will ever be allowed to say a team with 5 Lombardi Trophies "stinks".

Old Earther
Jan 13th 2009, 08:04 PM
What's wrong, lilwranger, are you bitter because the Eagles have advanced to their 5th Championship game in 8 years while your lowly cowgirls wade in shame and embarassment? Are you still upset that the Eagles absolutely thrashed your heartless and classless cowgirls?

I understand if you are upset. The cowgirls had their playoff destiny in their own hads when they arrived in Philly. Poor chumps...

:kiss:

lilwrangler
Jan 13th 2009, 08:33 PM
What's wrong, lilwranger, are you bitter because the Eagles have advanced to their 5th Championship game in 8 years while your lowly cowgirls wade in shame and embarassment? Are you still upset that the Eagles absolutely thrashed your heartless and classless cowgirls?

I understand if you are upset. The cowgirls had their playoff destiny in their own hads when they arrived in Philly. Poor chumps...

:kiss:

Sure I'm upset. But that doesn't negate anything I said in regards to your chest thumping. A blind man could have told you that Dallas was going to lose that game to Philthy. In fact, I picked Dallas to lose by double digits on another message board I frequent. My presumed silver lining in admitting such a catastrophe was that it would lead to the eventual termination of Phillips. Alas, it has not.

But as a Cowboy fan, of course, solace can always be taken in the fact that Philthy's Super Bowl cubbard is still every bit as bare as Old Mother Hubbard's.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/dallas-cowboys/animation/picture/5X-SUPER-BOWL-CHAMPIONS--rings.gif

Old Earther
Jan 13th 2009, 08:38 PM
LOL.

lilwrangler,

Whatever makes you feel better. You remind me of a man who, because he cannot bear his present reality, must remind himself of the glory days in order to make reality bearable. You poor thing.

Old Earther
Jan 13th 2009, 08:39 PM
So, when's the last time the cowgirls have one a playoff game? LOL

The Eagles have dominated the girls for the past 10 years.

servantsheart
Jan 21st 2009, 02:41 AM
ANY CHANCE OF US GETTING JON GRUDEN?!!

IF SO, I VOTE: YES:pp

Why can't they leave T.O. alone? He is one of the few who has been
positive and trying to get everyone else up lifted.

Jolie76
Jan 21st 2009, 06:11 AM
Are they really thinking about trading TO?