PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring Teens!

atangsoc
Sep 23rd 2008, 05:08 PM
Hi everybody, i'm trying to reconnect with my niece and nephew both of who are in their teens. Being that age, i would like to re connect with them and provide some spiritual influence for their daily lives. Is there any recommendations on what i could do with them. Obviously with their age i'm looking for something light hearted and fun. Any advice would help a lot. thank you.

Sold Out
Sep 23rd 2008, 08:17 PM
Hi everybody, i'm trying to reconnect with my niece and nephew both of who are in their teens. Being that age, i would like to re connect with them and provide some spiritual influence for their daily lives. Is there any recommendations on what i could do with them. Obviously with their age i'm looking for something light hearted and fun. Any advice would help a lot. thank you.

First off...do you know if they are saved?

the rookie
Sep 24th 2008, 07:24 PM
Teens (saved ones, and to some extent unsaved ones) are inspired by:

1. A cause to die for (thus giving them something to live for)
2. One who is fully given to that cause in a radical way
3. One who has confidence - particularly related to said "cause"
4. That confidence without fear gives one boldness to lead and not be just a friend

Obviously, the cause is the cause of Christ, the "inspirer" is a true spiritual man or woman who is fully given to that cause in a way that a teenager can respect, and that confidence comes in being "rooted and grounded" in the love of Christ that doesn't try too hard but goes it's way to pursue Jesus - and invites the teens to follow; this is where the boldness to lead and be truthful and direct is helpful. Teens will quickly believe and follow one who leads, I have found...