PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Redeemer

TBONE61
Sep 24th 2008, 03:12 PM
Job 19:25-27 (New King James Version)

25] For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;26] And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,
27] Whom I shall see for myself,
And my eyes shall behold, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

Looking for the Redeemer

Job at his wits end, cries out to his friends that he has no hope or comfort from them, but "I know that my Redeemer lives. . . and that in my flesh I shall see God. . . whom I shall see myself and my eyes shall behold Him."
When all else fails him, his wife, his friends, his health and all money gone, Job reminds his friends that there is a Redeemer, and we shall see Him! We, like Job, have hope, if not on this earth, then certainly beyond. Testing can make one either bitter or better. Job's wife was bitter. But job is slowly becoming a better man than he was before. Yet, his friends are unaware of the change in Job, as he turns from them to the Savior who has met him where he is.

FOR TODAY: Faith means believing in advance what will only make sense in reverse.

Paladin54
Sep 24th 2008, 03:31 PM
The greatest lesson of Job is that no matter what befell him, he never turned his back on God. Were I so strong in my faith to suffer what he did and still keep my faith!

God allowed Job to be tested by satan. How do I fair in these tests? I pray as well as Job did.

tt1106
Sep 26th 2008, 02:01 PM
You hit it on the head. Prayer. Only through Prayer can you endure the trials that the Lord places in fronr of you. The Lord wants ALL the Glory!
It is our requirement to wsurrender to his will and come out the other side praising his name.