PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Picking scabs

Truthinlove
Sep 26th 2008, 03:15 PM
Do you pick your scabs?

If so, why?

I do, I am not sure why. I do get satisfaction from it. I kinda like seeing the new skin underneath. Wierd I know. Hopefully, I am not the only one. :lol:

Truthinlove
Sep 27th 2008, 03:55 AM
I searched this on the net last night and most sites said it is a form of OCD. That would make sense because I am mildly OCD. :lol:

Another site said it is because we view the scab as a foreign object on our body and thus want to remove it. I can relate to that too. I don't like the feel of scabs or anything rough on my skin. I got lots of mosquito bites in the past couple of months and I scratch and scratch till I make them raw, then they scab over. I'm a mess right now. lol

SethElijah
Sep 27th 2008, 04:00 AM
I do, I have tried to stop but it seems to be unconcious. I used to be a cutter and I think this is just a tranference of that, but who knows. I am trying to get over a staph infection right now and you would think that would stop me, but alas no. I also do hate the feeling of anything rough on my skin. The leg with the staph, all the skin is dying and peeling off. It is driving me nuts and I keep trying to rub it to get the flakes off and pull off the rough skin hanging off.

Truthinlove
Sep 27th 2008, 04:02 AM
Hubby always yells at me "don't pick"!! :lol:

But, then I like to put hydrogen peroxide on it, then antibiotic ointment and a bandaid. ;)

Ashley274
Sep 27th 2008, 04:04 AM
Mega :lol::rofl: YES I have what a gross subject but I stand guilty :o:D

But umm maybe only once or twice in my whole life.... haha

Truthinlove
Sep 27th 2008, 04:04 AM
I do, I have tried to stop but it seems to be unconcious. I used to be a cutter and I think this is just a tranference of that, but who knows. I am trying to get over a staph infection right now and you would think that would stop me, but alas no. I also do hate the feeling of anything rough on my skin. The leg with the staph, all the skin is dying and peeling off. It is driving me nuts and I keep trying to rub it to get the flakes off and pull off the rough skin hanging off.

Oh, I'm sorry. :(

Are you putting some kind of antibiotic ointment on the infected skin? Did you get the infection from picking?
As long as it doesn't itch, if I cover it with bandaids, pants or whatever, I don't see it or feel it so I won't pick at it. Have you tried keeping it covered?

Truthinlove
Sep 27th 2008, 04:08 AM
what a gross subject

:lol: :lol: I know, I know...I guess I like gross stuff. Hahaha

One of the reasons my FAVORITE things about being an aesthetician (someone who gives facials) is extracting blackheads! I absolutely LOVE it!! :o :D
Again....very satisfying! :spin:

SethElijah
Sep 27th 2008, 04:10 AM
No, they said I got it shaving my legs. Nicked my skin and it got in that way. I am fanatical about the ointment now, and sanitizer wipes and peroxide. But I still pick.

Ashley274
Sep 27th 2008, 04:12 AM
:lol: :lol: I know, I know...I guess I like gross stuff. Hahaha

One of the reasons my FAVORITE things about being an aesthetician (someone who gives facials) is extracting blackheads! I absolutely LOVE it!! :o :D
Again....very satisfying! :spin:

Massively loling my head off :lol::D:rofl: I do not get paid to do it but I have picked them out of a friend's back a big fat reoccuring one...I had a blackhead under my arm once ...it was HUGE and I loved to see how much ..how big it was ...I am sick hahahaha but shhhhh don't tell anyone I do such things

Truthinlove
Sep 27th 2008, 04:15 AM
Massively loling my head off :lol::D:rofl: I do not get paid to do it but I have picked them out of a friend's back a big fat reoccuring one...I had a blackhead under my arm once ...it was HUGE and I loved to see how much ..how big it was ...I am sick hahahaha but shhhhh don't tell anyone I do such things

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LOL

I won't, you shhhh about me too since we are both sickos...hahaha

Truthinlove
Sep 27th 2008, 04:16 AM
No, they said I got it shaving my legs. Nicked my skin and it got in that way. I am fanatical about the ointment now, and sanitizer wipes and peroxide. But I still pick.

Wow, that's scary. At least you are keeping it clean.

Firekitty
Sep 27th 2008, 07:17 PM
Um, yes :rofl:
I always end up scratching them off, becuase they itch...

flybaby
Sep 27th 2008, 09:23 PM
I think for me it is that I hate the roughness of it. My 5 year old always reminds me to stop when she sees me doing it too. Sad, huh?

Jeanne D
Oct 3rd 2008, 02:43 AM
Well this is an interesting poll.
Yes I pick scabs, don't know why.. I just do.

Jeanne

Ashley274
Oct 3rd 2008, 05:27 AM
:rofl: it's still alive :lol::D

Truthinlove
Oct 3rd 2008, 08:19 AM
I just cut my nails really short! So, I can't pick now even if I want to. There's a solution. ;)

SethElijah
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:28 PM
I can't pick them if I have acrylic nails, so it gives me an excuse to get my nails done this weekend:D

Jeanne D
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:36 PM
I guess I like to pick things that shouldn't be there. Many years ago I had a wart on my one finger. I picked that thing for months. Finally I picked it down to the roots, and it disappeared. I've never had one again.

I guess some of us are pickers.:D

Jeanne