PDA

View Full Version : Shabbat Shalom

keck553
Sep 26th 2008, 10:46 PM
TGIF! I pray everyone at these forums has a blessed and fruitful weekend filled with the presence of our Savoir, Jesus the Christ, Yeshua haMaschiach. Thank you so much for sharing your love of the LORD and blessing me with your revealations, teachings, hearts and souls. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Be safe all!

The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord make His face to shine upon you
And be gracious to you,
The Lord lift up His countenance on you
And give you peace.

(Numbers 6:24-26)

Richard H
Sep 26th 2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Keck,
Shabbat Shalom :)

Richard

ananias
Sep 27th 2008, 10:44 PM
TGIF! I pray everyone at these forums has a blessed and fruitful weekend filled with the presence of our Savoir, Jesus the Christ, Yeshua haMaschiach. Thank you so much for sharing your love of the LORD and blessing me with your revealations, teachings, hearts and souls. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Be safe all!

The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord make His face to shine upon you
And be gracious to you,
The Lord lift up His countenance on you
And give you peace.

(Numbers 6:24-26)

I only read this after shabat. Now it's already Sunday (Saturday night) in my neck of the woods of the planet. So have a blessed and prosperous week, Keck!

ananias

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 04:53 PM
Wow, what a cool and blessed weekend we had!! Thanks

Ta-An
Sep 29th 2008, 06:21 PM
Wow, what a cool and blessed weekend we had!! ThanksWhat did you do??

How are you preparing for Feast of trumpets on Tuesday??

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 06:54 PM
Leshananh tovah tikkatev vetechatem :)

I'm a little confused on that acutally. Perhaps you could clear it up. I thought the Biblical New Year was at Nisan. Plus the tradition of tossing 'sin' represented as stones into a steam doesn't really relieve my guilt, plus it seems a little disingenuous to my Master. So...I'm a bit confused other than blowing my shofar of course.

I'm more focused on Yom Kippur this year. Last year was my first observance with Yom Kippur. It was an awesome blessing; God revealed so much to me during that time of fasting, prayer and focus, As humans I think we need a time set apart to focus on restoring our relationships with those whom we may have adversarial contacts, a time to re-affirm our relationship with God. Fasting and asking God to reveal our sin is profitable, and what better time than one God set aside? I like doing things His way. :) And with Yeshua as our teacher, how much greater can that time be?

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 07:11 PM
On Shabbat we read from Deuteronomy, Isaiah and ACTs. My wife and I had an awesome talk about our relationship with each other and with God. Then we completed our assignment for our church's Sunday bible study, then spent some good time teaching our son about some of God's character, namely God's power to help him control behaviour and some other things. He ate it up like a sponge, totally embraced it. He walked around all weekend saying: I have the power, God gave me the power....

Kahtar
Sep 29th 2008, 07:15 PM
There are actually four new years in Israel (not that they are all Biblical).
But Rosh HaShanah means 'head of the year', and has always been celebrated as the (calendar) new year. Nisan (or Abib) is the head of the ecclesiastical year.
By comparrison, in the U.S., we have a calendar year (January) and a fiscal year (July).
Rosh HaShanah is the traditional time for coronating kings, weddings, counting birth years, etc., as well as celebrating the latter harvest, and marking the 'Days of Awe', the last ten days of the 'season of repentance' till Yom Kippur.

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 07:22 PM
There are actually four new years in Israel (not that they are all Biblical).
But Rosh HaShanah means 'head of the year', and has always been celebrated as the (calendar) new year. Nisan (or Abib) is the head of the ecclesiastical year.
By comparrison, in the U.S., we have a calendar year (January) and a fiscal year (July).
Rosh HaShanah is the traditional time for coronating kings, weddings, counting birth years, etc., as well as celebrating the latter harvest, and marking the 'Days of Awe', the last ten days of the 'season of repentance' till Yom Kippur.

So is tomorrow K'dosh or chav? Holy or a man-made tradtion?

Ta-An
Sep 29th 2008, 07:26 PM
You may want to go read this thread : http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=140660

Emanate
Sep 29th 2008, 07:27 PM
So is tomorrow K'dash or chav? Holy or a man-made tradtion?

Rosh Hashannah, as opposed to the biblical Yom Teruah, is borrowed heavily from Babylon, from its being new year to the ceremony of Tashlich.

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 07:33 PM
I like to identify with Jewish and Christian traditions so long as they don't distract from God's. However, I'm not comfortable with any activity or lituragy that diminishes the salvation of Yeshua. It pops up red flags in my heart.

I think I'll spend the time praying for my unbelieving Jewish brothers and sisters that they accept their Messiah. Nothing could be more Jewish than accepting Yeshua as their long awaited Messiah..

Ta-An
Sep 29th 2008, 07:36 PM
So is tomorrow K'dosh or chav? Holy or a man-made tradtion?Tomorrow is the first day of Rosh Hashanah..K'dosh

Emanate
Sep 29th 2008, 07:38 PM
Tomorrow is the first day of Rosh Hashanah..K'dosh

According to Torah, Yom Teurah is not Rosh HaShanah. So I would say mand made traditions are not Kadosh, in any way. Not all traditions are wrong, but they are not Kadosh.

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 07:44 PM
According to Torah, Yom Teurah is not Rosh HaShanah. So I would say mand made traditions are not Kadosh, in any way. Not all traditions are wrong, but they are not Kadosh.

Eze 22:26 Her cohanim have done violence to my Torah, profaned my holy things, made no difference between the holy and the common, not distinguished between unclean and clean, hidden their eyes from my shabbats, and profaned me among themselves.

Doesn't God say it's our duty, as priests, to distinguish clean from unclean, Holy (set apart by God) from unholy? Unclean and unholy here is defined as those things that are of men. It doens't say they are 'bad' things, but God commands us not to profane His ways by calling our ways 'holy.'

Ta-An
Sep 29th 2008, 07:49 PM
According to Torah, Yom Teurah is not Rosh HaShanah. So I would say mand made traditions are not Kadosh, in any way. Not all traditions are wrong, but they are not Kadosh.It is considered Days of awe....
as commanded in the scriptures :)

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 07:51 PM
This should be pretty easy. What does God say about it? Does He say it's a new year? If not, it's common. Does God command us to cast our sins into a stream in the form of rocks? If not, it's common.

Richard H
Sep 29th 2008, 08:17 PM
This should be pretty easy. What does God say about it? Does He say it's a new year? If not, it's common. Does God command us to cast our sins into a stream in the form of rocks? If not, it's common.

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
Oh, wait... That's something else. :rolleyes:

Actually, I agree, Keck.

Richard

Richard H
Sep 29th 2008, 08:29 PM
I do agree with you Keck.
The only new year I "observe" (other than tax time) is God's Abiv.

I was having a bit of fun playing with words.

Richard

Kahtar
Sep 29th 2008, 09:07 PM
Regardless whether it is Biblically the first day of the year or not, it is still a feast day commanded by God, Yom Teruah. The casting rocks into the water thing I'm sure is Talmudic stuff.

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 09:11 PM
I do agree with you Keck.
The only new year I "observe" (other than tax time) is God's Abiv.

I was having a bit of fun playing with words.

Richard

I rather like that play on words. It causes us to look inward instead of outward. :)

The Word of God descilbes His character, in John 1, Yeshua is described as 'the Word made flesh. Which simply means He has 100% the character of God. But we don't worship a Character of God, or a set of characteristics of God; no we worship God, and revere and imitate His character, the Eternal One who's breath is embedded in the words, not the scroll itself.

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 09:17 PM
Regardless whether it is Biblically the first day of the year or not, it is still a feast day commanded by God, Yom Teruah. The casting rocks into the water thing I'm sure is Talmudic stuff.

Lev 23:23 Adonai said to Moshe,
Lev 23:24 "Tell the people of Isra'el, 'In the seventh month, the first of the month is to be for you a day of complete rest for remembering, a holy convocation announced with blasts on the shofar.

The casting of rocks comes from Micah:

Mic 7:18 Who is a God like you, pardoning the sin and overlooking the crimes of the remnant of his heritage? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in grace.
Mic 7:19 He will again have compassion on us, he will subdue our iniquities. You will throw all their sins into the depths of the sea. (In the Hebrew, it's a little cleaner).

It doesn't say 'we cast our sins in the sea'. it says God does. Although Micah didn't know the whole details, we know God's 'throws our sin into the depths of the sea' through Yeshua because "he delights in grace." As long as believers in Eloheim continue to take God's works of redemtion upon themselves, the veil will remain and continue to reject Yeshua as Messiah.

Richard H
Sep 29th 2008, 09:32 PM
Do you (all of you) see any significance with Trumpets - as related to Revelation? (Jericho being a foreshadowing)

Or is that a given?

Richard

keck553
Sep 29th 2008, 10:15 PM
That's a given.

Oh, I had a funny thing happen this morning, just as I was reading about Yeshua's coming pronounced by a shofar blast, some ship-horn sounding siren from an aluminum plant several miles away went off; it was kinda of erie....

Of course I can't wait to hear the real shofar blast pronouncing His return !! Am I prepared?

I wonder if people really understand what this shofar blast will do. It's not going to be just a horn going off. I think it will literally stop the the world and send everyoen on their faces. I think it will be so overpowering and overwhelming that people will not be able to stand. Probably similar to when Yeshua was arrested and He said "I AM" and they fell to the ground. Uncontrollable.

SIG
Sep 30th 2008, 03:50 AM
It can take many lifetimes of study to understand the brief Bible references and the thousands of pages of commentary addressing the Jewish feasts and calendar. Mazel tov.....:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosh_Hashanah

Ta-An
Sep 30th 2008, 06:58 AM
Do you (all of you) see any significance with Trumpets - as related to Revelation? (Jericho being a foreshadowing)
Ps 89:15 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=89&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=15) Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.

Richard H
Sep 30th 2008, 07:12 AM
Ps 89:15 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=19&CHAP=89&SEARCH=jesus%20king%20lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=15) Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.

For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

J

Ta-An
Sep 30th 2008, 07:14 AM
It was not until the 3rd century A.D. that the formal Church Council of Rome passed laws forbidding church members to observe the Levitical Feasts. And, in so doing, the church found itself moving deeper and deeper away from what YHWH commanded into what man commands!
If we study the Scripures, we come to the conclusion that the Biblical Feasts are not the feasts of the Jews, they are GOD’s Feasts made known to the Jews who in turn had the great commission to make it known to us!
YHWH speaks to Moses and commands the following: “ADONAI (Hebrew word for LORD) said to Moshe (Hebrew word for Moses), “Tell the people of Isra’el: ‘The designated times of ADONAI which you are to proclaim as holy convocations are MY designated times – Lev. 23:1. In this we note that GOD speaks of “MY” designated (or appointed) times. Thus we draw the conclusion that these were not to be seen or spoken of as Jewish feasts but GOD’s Feasts.
By the time the formal Church Council of Rome passed the laws, the church had divorced itself from its Hebraic roots.

Ta-An
Sep 30th 2008, 07:16 AM
Oh, I had a funny thing happen this morning, just as I was reading about Yeshua's coming pronounced by a shofar blast, some ship-horn sounding siren from an aluminum plant several miles away went off; it was kinda of erie....

Of course I can't wait to hear the real shofar blast pronouncing His return !! Am I prepared?

I wonder if people really understand what this shofar blast will do. It's not going to be just a horn going off. I think it will literally stop the the world and send everyoen on their faces. I think it will be so overpowering and overwhelming that people will not be able to stand. Probably similar to when Yeshua was arrested and He said "I AM" and they fell to the ground. Uncontrollable.
The sound of the shofar is a kind of spiritual wake-up call. There are three cycles of sounding of the ram’s horn and each has a different meaning:

ØTekiah – which means “blast”. It is a long, clear note on shofar – the intent is to call the worshipper to pay attention. We shall love YHWH, OUR ELOHIM with all our heart, all our strength and all our mind and worship only HIM!
ØShevarim – means “broken”. This is three short notes blown together and held to equal length of the tekiah blast above. When we come broken before Him, he will hear us, heal us and restore us. When we cry out to Him, He will heal our land.
ØTeruah or “alarm”. It is a rapid series of very short blasts, numbering at least nine, the duration should equal one tekiah. Let us “sound the alarm on His holy mountain.” Let us remember the war is won but the battle is still raging for the souls of man.
ØTekiah ha-g’dolah” and is a long note held out – the duration of which is determined by how much lung power the shofar blower can produce! Let us be reminded that the great trumpet sound will take place and we need to be a Bride ready for the Bridegroom!

Richard H
Sep 30th 2008, 07:40 AM
It was not until the 3rd century A.D. that the formal Church Council of Rome passed laws forbidding church members to observe the Levitical Feasts. And, in so doing, the church found itself moving deeper and deeper away from what YHWH commanded into what man commands!
If we study the Scripures, we come to the conclusion that the Biblical Feasts are not the feasts of the Jews, they are GOD’s Feasts made known to the Jews who in turn had the great commission to make it known to us!
YHWH speaks to Moses and commands the following: “ADONAI (Hebrew word for LORD) said to Moshe (Hebrew word for Moses), “Tell the people of Isra’el: ‘The designated times of ADONAI which you are to proclaim as holy convocations are MY designated times – Lev. 23:1. In this we note that GOD speaks of “MY” designated (or appointed) times. Thus we draw the conclusion that these were not to be seen or spoken of as Jewish feasts but GOD’s Feasts.
By the time the formal Church Council of Rome passed the laws, the church had divorced itself from its Hebraic roots.

HI ACCM, :)
You should add points 2 and 3 to your post:
Feast of trumpets and the blowing of the horn.

'Great information! Thanks.

Richard

Ta-An
Sep 30th 2008, 11:22 AM
Rosh Hashannah, as opposed to the biblical Yom Teruah, is borrowed heavily from Babylon, from its being new year to the ceremony of Tashlich.A friend answered me like this:

The Fall Festivals begin with Rosh Hashana. This is because the Jewish Festival calendar is based on a lunar cycle, the exact date shifts from year to year on the Roman calendar. Generally this feast falls in September or October.
Actually in the Bible, Rosh Hashana is called Yom Teruah meaning the “Day of Sounding the Shofar”. It is also called Yom ha Zikkaron meaning the “Day of Remembering.” (Leviticus 23:23-25).
The High Holy Days begin with Rosh Hashana – literally the “head of the year”. They end with Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement). This is in reality a civil calendar and traditionally this is numbered from the creation of the world, sometimes called a creation calendar.
Remember that God instructed Moses that from the first Passover (Pesach) the children of Israel must celebrate Pesach in the mont of Aviv (later called Nisan) as the “beginning of months” – the start of the “New Year” in fact. Before this, they probably kept Rosh Hashana as the only New Year (Tishri). So Nisan and Pesach is the beginning of the cycle of feasts.
Those well versed in the Scriptures will realize that this does not follow the scriptural tenet. Rosh Hashana is the beginning of the civil cycle as opposed to the spiritual cycle. The spiritual cycle falls in the calendar month of Aviv, in the spring, with Passover.
Other names for Rosh Hashana is Yom HaDin – “the day of Judging” or Yom haZikaron – “the day of Remembering

Emanate
Sep 30th 2008, 12:12 PM

I have never heard it so truthfully put in so few words. Thank You.

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 12:56 PM
A friend answered me like this:

This thread is very, very pertinent to the topic of the discussion of Rosh Hashanah and God's appointed times - especially at this time in world history:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=141256

ananias

keck553
Sep 30th 2008, 03:48 PM
The sound of the shofar is a kind of spiritual wake-up call. There are three cycles of sounding of the ram’s horn and each has a different meaning:

ØTekiah – which means “blast”. It is a long, clear note on shofar – the intent is to call the worshipper to pay attention. We shall love YHWH, OUR ELOHIM with all our heart, all our strength and all our mind and worship only HIM!
ØShevarim – means “broken”. This is three short notes blown together and held to equal length of the tekiah blast above. When we come broken before Him, he will hear us, heal us and restore us. When we cry out to Him, He will heal our land.
ØTeruah or “alarm”. It is a rapid series of very short blasts, numbering at least nine, the duration should equal one tekiah. Let us “sound the alarm on His holy mountain.” Let us remember the war is won but the battle is still raging for the souls of man.
ØTekiah ha-g’dolah” and is a long note held out – the duration of which is determined by how much lung power the shofar blower can produce! Let us be reminded that the great trumpet sound will take place and we need to be a Bride ready for the Bridegroom!

Yes, this is in my plans for this afternoon!

keck553
Sep 30th 2008, 03:50 PM
A friend answered me like this

"The Fall Festivals begin with Rosh Hashana. This is because the Jewish Festival calendar is based on a lunar cycle, the exact date shifts from year to year on the Roman calendar. Generally this feast falls in September or October.

Actually in the Bible, Rosh Hashana is called Yom Teruah meaning the “Day of Sounding the Shofar”. It is also called Yom ha Zikkaron meaning the “Day of Remembering.” (Leviticus 23:23-25).
The High Holy Days begin with Rosh Hashana – literally the “head of the year”. They end with Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement). This is in reality a civil calendar and traditionally this is numbered from the creation of the world, sometimes called a creation calendar.
Remember that God instructed Moses that from the first Passover (Pesach) the children of Israel must celebrate Pesach in the mont of Aviv (later called Nisan) as the “beginning of months” – the start of the “New Year” in fact. Before this, they probably kept Rosh Hashana as the only New Year (Tishri). So Nisan and Pesach is the beginning of the cycle of feasts.
Those well versed in the Scriptures will realize that this does not follow the scriptural tenet. Rosh Hashana is the beginning of the civil cycle as opposed to the spiritual cycle. The spiritual cycle falls in the calendar month of Aviv, in the spring, with Passover.
Other names for Rosh Hashana is Yom HaDin – “the day of Judging” or Yom haZikaron – “the day of Remembering ":

Beautiful. Thank you very much! God bless you

keck553
Sep 30th 2008, 03:55 PM

Mat 23:15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Yeshua's Words apply to the practices of Popes and Pastors the same as to Torah-Teachers and P'rushim.