PDA

View Full Version : Questions about John

dbrace
Sep 27th 2008, 01:54 AM
Hey all. I just finished reading John and I had a few questions and comments I would like to be answered. The first question is in the first chapter, who is the prophet they were expecting? My second one is what is meant when it says "The one who is the stairway between heaven and earth" ? I have many more questions but Ill start with these.

David Taylor
Sep 27th 2008, 12:55 PM
Hey all. I just finished reading John and I had a few questions and comments I would like to be answered. The first question is in the first chapter, who is the prophet they were expecting?

My second one is what is meant when it says "The one who is the stairway between heaven and earth" ? I have many more questions but Ill start with these.

Q1=They expected both long awaited Messiah and a return of Elijah. They were questioning John on "who" he was.

Q2=A euphemism for Jesus, the Holy Lamb of God and the Mediator between God and man, that Nathanael by faith, recognized Jesus to be.

thepenitent
Sep 27th 2008, 01:19 PM
The prophet is the prophet who was foretold of by Moses in the book of Deuteronomy.