PDA

View Full Version : if you wouldn't mind praying... rock bottom

CoffeeCat
Sep 27th 2008, 01:40 PM
Hey friends. Okay, I'm at a place where I just need to be honest, and that's that.

My faith feels as dry as a desert. Again. Story of my faith life, unfortunately. I'm at the point where knowing to be true that Christ resurrected, died for us and lives now... it's head knowledge for me, and if it's even possible I need to figure out how to get my HEART in the right place, because right now I'm realizing that mere head knowledge isn't helping me, and isn't prompting me to stay. I've kept praying, kept believing on faith alone, because I don't feel any "relationship" with Christ. I don't even remember what one would authentically feel like. Whatever I've got seems one-sided and I've become spiritually wiped out. For that reason, I can't post here until... I don't know. But I'll end up discouraging others and pushing them away from Christ and FAR away from feeling any delight in Him if I keep posting as I am.

I think this is rock bottom for me, spiritually. I've never felt lower, never felt more disconnected from everything than now. Because my own prayers feel as though they're being tossed out into a vacuum... All I ask for is a prayer from you. I don't want advice, please. Just prayers. You don't even need to respond to this thread.

I don't know which way this will go, but I'm going to try to hang onto faith, and I don't want to influence anyone negatively until (if) I'm able to get a far better grasp on it than I have now. If I can't get a better grasp on Christ, then it'll be best if I don't go around posting as someone who claims to be a follower of His.

Take care.. and thanks.

karenoka27
Sep 27th 2008, 01:44 PM
Bringing you before the Lord right now and throughout the day today. I can relate to this request more than you know. Perhaps many of us can.
God is good. Keep your eyes on Him. Praying that you will be able to do so.

9Marksfan
Sep 27th 2008, 03:13 PM
So sorry to hear this, Laura - please don't give up - praying for you :pray:

Vhayes
Sep 27th 2008, 03:36 PM
Praying for you - that He lifts you up and gives you a mighty hug!
V

moonglow
Sep 27th 2008, 03:51 PM
I am going to be sure to keep you in my prayers...we all go through this from time to time.

:pray:

God bless

walked
Sep 27th 2008, 04:48 PM
I will be praying for you, please don't stop praying in your discouragement.

To encourage you, we all feel those same feelings at times in our walk to be closer to our Lord, it is a growing process in our transformation and renewing of our hearts and minds, we will experience dry times where our flesh fights bitterly with our re-born spirits desires.

I can not give advice here on this board but I will suggest for your encouragement to read in the book of Psalms in the old testament, just start reading anywhere in that book, I think God will bless you in the direction you are wanting to grow and where He wants all of His children to grow.

Praying with you and for you, God bless you more and more. :hug:

Bethany67
Sep 27th 2008, 04:49 PM
Praying for you, hun.

Beloved by God
Sep 27th 2008, 08:52 PM
.... :pray: ... :hug: ...

livingwaters
Sep 27th 2008, 11:54 PM
:pray:raying that you surrender and feel HIS Mighty Presence. :pray:Praying for HIS love to grab hold of you and never let you go..:pray:Praying for your pastor or church friends to provide you with some quality fellowship...But, the only one that can give you heart knowledge is Jesus...:cry:Don't give up on HIM, HE didn't give up on YOU!!!!! :pray:Praying that you draw near to HIM and HE will draw near to you!!!!Amen..Alleluia

Praying that HIS Word will be your food!!! Fast and Pray...:hug:

Praying for you!!! God Bless You:saint:

tt1106
Sep 28th 2008, 01:12 AM
Dear Lord,
I ask for prayer for coffeecat. I ask for a great revelation in this persons life. I ask for continued blessings Father. In many ways it becomes easy to take your existence for granted, without putting feet to the Gospel and our faith in action. Lord I ask that You put on the hearts of all the people that Coffeecat has touched to touch her back Lord, Touch her back through prayers to you. We are precious to you Lord, why else would you have created the world for us to live in and provide for all our needs. We are human though Father and I ask that you lift up CC and hold them through this dry period and let it be the calm before the storm, the darkness before their lives explode into a vibrant renewal that touches the lives of many.
I pray all this in the name of your precious son, Lord.
Amen.

IMINXTC
Sep 28th 2008, 01:21 AM
Now praying for you Laura!

Ashley274
Sep 28th 2008, 05:35 AM
Still praying for you and all your needs :pray:

starchild
Sep 28th 2008, 06:43 AM
Feeling Rock bottom huh? That can be pretty common with many believers.

Tell you what, there is some great encouragement in 2 Samuel 22.

David has lost a son, the nation is in a 3 year drought, and the Philistines are attacking him again. And in THAT context, he writes a song of Hope in the Lord.

You probably are like me (and every other believer) in that when you're down, and dried up, and feeling like a half-drowned puppy, the last thing you want to do is talk to the Lord. I know how that is, but so does God, he DELIGHTS in you (you'll find that in those verses) even when you think you're worthless, even when times are tough.

Praying for you, I just thought you could use the encouragement.

Later

turtledove
Sep 28th 2008, 02:22 PM
CC, you'll be in my prayers and on my heart this morning. :pray:

livingwaters
Sep 28th 2008, 02:50 PM
CC, hoping that you are able to go against satan's wishes, and go to church this morning...the Lord is waiting on you...Praying for your peace and joy to be returned that you may enjoy all that Jesus has for you...:hug:

Ta-An
Sep 28th 2008, 02:57 PM
Hallo to you Kanadese Koffie Kat :hug:

My prayer for you is that G_d will make Himself known to you in a very special way.

May you again be able to hear His voice and feel His touch.

Read your Bible again.... Begin at the beginning.... at Genesis and read it through up to the Book of the Revelation of John....
I challenge you to 3 chapters a day, and in one year you'll be through the Bible...
Just begin, and He will lift you up :hug:

SeekingWisdom
Sep 28th 2008, 05:38 PM
I pray that this experience would be used to God's glory. I pray that you'll be lifted up from that rock bottom and that you'll see how faith can carry you through. I pray that you'll look back and see how you were down, but God lifted you back up when it seemed as if there was no hope. I pray that you'll use this as a testimony to God's glory.

In Jesus name.

CoffeeCat
Oct 1st 2008, 02:26 AM
Thank you all so much for the prayers....

.... God's good. I learned something. I needed to sink and hit rock bottom. It left me with only one option -- fight and chase and pray my way slowly back to my Saviour. Only one way. Up to Him. And I had to become vulnerable and open up to Him... and I spent the better part of a very long night working through the things on my mind with Him.

I'm on my way back up from rock bottom... and just as it is after you've dove, hit the bottom and come back up for air after sinking in water.... this too's a relief. To know that I still want Christ, that He won't leave. A fresh start, if anything. One I'm going to take carefully and gradually.

Thank you, again, for your prayers. :hug:

P.S..... just to add this in here... and not because I'm trying to drum up business for our moderators... ;)

Everyone, we really do have wonderful, encouraging mods here. I've been speaking with them over the last couple days, and a finer group of warm, friendly, encouraging leaders than I've ever met online before. We're blessed to have them.

livingwaters
Oct 1st 2008, 02:42 AM
Thank you Lord for ministering to CC!! We give you all the glory..Praise you mighty NAME~~~:hug::pp

Redneck Charger
Oct 1st 2008, 01:19 PM
Thank you Jesus:pp..and Coffeecat.. Please keep praying and looking into the words of Jesus..:pray:

Beloved by God
Oct 1st 2008, 01:36 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Just keep praying in the quiet with Him and more will come to you.
God Bless sis!