PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was going to meet the Lord today

Jeanne D
Sep 27th 2008, 10:45 PM
We went out to dinner this evening. I ordered filet mignon which I never do and it was delicious.
Anyway I had eaten a piece and swallowed but it got stuck in my throat. I tried to swallow again and it wouldn't move. Then I had a glass of water, and I couldn't breathe. At this point I went into a panic. I jumped out of the booth and my husband jumped up and started doing the heimlech maneuver on me. He was actually lifting me up off the floor and nothing was happening. Then stuff started running out of my nose and I began to throw up on the floor (sorry). A lady in the next booth jumped up and began screaming for someone to call 911. By this time I started getting my air back a little bit and then I was ok.
I kissed the lady and thanked her and she said "it wasn't your time".

Man,,,, what a scary experience.
Thank you Lord He allowed me to remain here.
Now my breastbone hurts.. but I'm alive, that's what counts.

Jeanne

ConqueredbyLove
Sep 27th 2008, 11:01 PM
We went out to dinner this evening. I ordered filet mignon which I never do and it was delicious.
Anyway I had eaten a piece and swallowed but it got stuck in my throat. I tried to swallow again and it wouldn't move. Then I had a glass of water, and I couldn't breathe. At this point I went into a panic. I jumped out of the booth and my husband jumped up and started doing the heimlech maneuver on me. He was actually lifting me up off the floor and nothing was happening. Then stuff started running out of my nose and I began to throw up on the floor (sorry). A lady in the next booth jumped up and began screaming for someone to call 911. By this time I started getting my air back a little bit and then I was ok.

Jeanne

Wow! How scary! Glad you are alright!

I got a fishbone stuck in my throat a couple years ago. Had to go to the ER. Scary, also...

Thank you, Lord our sister is alright! :hug:

livingwaters
Sep 27th 2008, 11:10 PM
Praise the Lord, you're oK..:ppI know that was scary! :eek:

karenoka27
Sep 27th 2008, 11:33 PM
Jeanne!!!!!!:hug: The only thing funny about this is that you posted it in Anything Goes...isn't that the truth? We just never know what will happen to us from day to day do we.
Praising our Lord that you are here to tell us about it.

Did you take the rest of your steak home?:D

Jeanne D
Sep 27th 2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone...

Karen,
I will not be eating any kind of steak for a very long time.

Jeanne:o

cnw
Sep 29th 2008, 12:54 AM
oh this is terrible. I am so glad you are alright. I guess your dh did it right-thank goodness.
Cynth

IMINXTC
Sep 29th 2008, 01:12 AM
Glad you're okay but I can't imagine the trauma and the embarrassment!
Sorry you are sore... many people experiencing this end up with broken ribs etc.

Just wasn't your time.:)

IPet2_9
Sep 29th 2008, 04:32 AM
I swallowed a hot dog whole once as a kid. Similar experience, except for the heimlich part. Hindsight 20/20, I think I could breathe, but I didn't realize it at the time because I was panicked. It just got stuck in the esophagus until it triggered the gag reflex. But you think it's stuck in the bronchial tube and you don't want to inhale for fear of making it worse.

TruthFaith
Sep 30th 2008, 11:20 PM

Jeanne

That is nice. But what is better dying and going to the Lord or surviving?

BrckBrln
Sep 30th 2008, 11:22 PM
That is nice. But what is better dying and going to the lord or surviving?

Surviving so that you can live for the Lord.

Jeanne D
Sep 30th 2008, 11:26 PM

Of course going to be with the Lord is our ultimate goal, but are you saying my husband should have stood there and allowed me to choke to death?
Would you say that if it was one of your loved ones? Would you watch a child (if you have any)gasp for air and stand there saying that they are going to be with the Lord, and do nothing? I don't understand your attitude quite frankly.

Jeanne

Matthew 12:21
Sep 30th 2008, 11:35 PM

Wait, what? :confused I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

IPet2_9
Sep 30th 2008, 11:37 PM
To live is Christ, to die is gain. (Philippians 1:21)

Jeanne D
Sep 30th 2008, 11:40 PM
Yes 1Pet that is true, but if you were choking and gasping for air, would you just want people to leave you alone and not help you.
Are some of you saying I should have just been left to choke to death?

Jeanne

karenoka27
Sep 30th 2008, 11:40 PM
Jeanne, I would have tried to save you too! If the Lord wanted to take you home at that moment, He could have done so, no matter what your husband did to save you!

Glad the Lord decided to keep you here with us a bit longer!:hug:

Jeanne D
Sep 30th 2008, 11:44 PM
Thank you Karen and yes, if the Lord wanted to take me home, He would have, no matter what.
He does place a survival instinct in all of us, and has designed our bodies to respond to stress and all kinds of ER situations.

Jeanne

Emily
Sep 30th 2008, 11:53 PM
Wow!! Jeanne that is so scary. :hug: I'm so glad you made it out of that darn steakhouse. :) I had a semi-choking incident when I was about 9 or 10 with a dorito (haha). LO these many years later I can still feel those pointy ends sticking in my throat!! Aauugh, it was awful. Me and Doritos ain't ever been the same since. ;)

I don't understand your attitude quite frankly.

Not to pick on anyone but I also found this comment very insensitive. I know everyone has a different attitude toward death based on what they are going through or have gone through personally. Yes as Christians our salvation for eternity is secure. When we breathe our last breath we will be with Jesus in paradise and that's going to be awesome. But at the same time most of us aren't running in front of buses hoping to speed up the process of getting to heaven. So I think a little sensitivity to Jeanne's experience is in order. My 2-pennies.

Tanya~
Oct 1st 2008, 12:00 AM
I'm so glad you lived to tell this story! :hug::hug: It would have been a loss for us if you had died.

Living is important because to live on is to be able to continue to be a blessing for others. As long as we live, God can use us here. When we die it is gain for us. But living is gain for others and us, because the more we live for God the more fruit we can bear. It's all good... but you have natural instincts that kick in that God put there, to help you want to live. That's a good thing.

Jeanne D
Oct 1st 2008, 12:01 AM
Thank you Emily.

All I know is that while it was happening I was trying to breathe.. that was a natural instinct, I wasn't analyzing the situation.

Jeanne

IPet2_9
Oct 1st 2008, 12:02 AM
Yes 1Pet that is true, but if you were choking and gasping for air, would you just want people to leave you alone and not help you.
Are some of you saying I should have just been left to choke to death?

No, no, no, no, no.... Of course anyone who is choking should be helped. I was just reciting the Scripture that relates perfectly to what TruthFaith said below:

TruthFaith
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:33 AM
no, by heavens no!

All I was trying to say is that is should be a heavenly moment when God takes us, but I just did not understand if it was more ethical to be here or there

Jeanne D
Oct 3rd 2008, 01:47 AM
TruthFaith,
Thanks for clarifying that.
I apologize for misunderstanding you.

Being with the Lord would be glorious, although getting there might not be too much fun (gasping for air);)

Jeanne

TruthFaith
Oct 4th 2008, 01:08 AM
o.k. glad that is done:eek:

susan7522
Oct 4th 2008, 01:27 AM
I am glad you are okay.

TruthFaith
Oct 4th 2008, 02:15 AM
you too, especially with all these end times

Amos_with_goats
Mar 14th 2010, 05:57 AM
Anyway I had eaten a piece and swallowed but it got stuck in my throat. I tried to swallow again and it wouldn't move.... ....... but I'm alive, that's what counts.

Jeanne

Dear sister. I am VERY glad this worked out well.

Quite sure that you have figured this out by now... seeing how you are still with us and all... BUT.

I noticed something missing. No where did you mention chewing. Chewing meat is important... even fillet Mignon.... just a tip....

Looking out for YOU sis. ;)

Glad to have you with us. :)

KATMAN
Mar 14th 2010, 11:14 AM
That is a scary feeling I know too well,except the choking part. I'm glad you're ok,and the Lord kept you around a little longer.Last year I rushed to the hospital because I couldn't breathe.Three days of breathing treaments and I was free to go on my way. But I'm glad you're alive and well and doing fine.Who else would I give a hard time about music choices here? :D

Firefighter
Mar 14th 2010, 03:19 PM
I am glad you are ok. I sure would hate to have to find someone else to pick on... :lol:

theBelovedDisciple
Mar 14th 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm thankful your OK..... Or O'tay as the little ones would of said it on TV...

We need you here....

and when the LORD takes you home it wont be under such duress.. but PEACE....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your experience sounds like something out out of the Movie, Mrs. Doubtfire...

moonglow
Mar 14th 2010, 05:37 PM
Dear sister. I am VERY glad this worked out well.

Quite sure that you have figured this out by now... seeing how you are still with us and all... BUT.

I noticed something missing. No where did you mention chewing. Chewing meat is important... even fillet Mignon.... just a tip....

Looking out for YOU sis. ;)

Glad to have you with us. :)

Ah-ha! I caught you again! the OP is over two years old! How come you keep finding these really old threads to bump up? You realize now everyone thinks this just happened to Jeanne ...

Jeanne D
Mar 14th 2010, 06:34 PM
Moonglow is correct, that is not a recent event.

I so appreciate your comments everyone, and your advice Amos. This did happen about 1 1/2 years ago, however. I have been very careful to chew my food and cut it into smaller pieces. I have not had a piece of steak since then.

Jeanne

UM.. somehow I think you'd find another person to pick on.:D
Just yesterday I was thinking about you and my thought was: "that guy doesn't like me too much".

Jeanne

Firefighter
Mar 14th 2010, 06:58 PM
Just yesterday I was thinking about you and my thought was: "that guy doesn't like me too much".

:o

I am soooooo sorry if you feel that way! I actually like you a lot! Liking and agreeing all the time are two different things... ;)

Amos_with_goats
Mar 15th 2010, 12:43 AM
It may be in the past... but you still need to chew your food.

Moonglow is correct, that is not a recent event.

I so appreciate your comments everyone, and your advice Amos. This did happen about 1 1/2 years ago, however. I have been very careful to chew my food and cut it into smaller pieces. I have not had a piece of steak since then.

Jeanne

Jeanne

Plus, if this thread had not come up you might have gone on thinking UM really did not like you that much....

So. There IS that! :D.... .

Jeanne D
Mar 15th 2010, 01:12 AM
It may be in the past... but you still need to chew your food.

Plus, if this thread had not come up you might have gone on thinking UM really did not like you that much....

So. There IS that! :D.... .

Oh ok .... if you put it that way. :D

Jeanne

Firefighter
Mar 15th 2010, 01:22 AM
I'm STILL gonna pick on her though... :rofl:

Jeanne D
Mar 15th 2010, 01:28 AM
I'm STILL gonna pick on her though... :rofl:

Go ahead, make my day!

Jeanne :B:lol::help:

Firefighter
Mar 15th 2010, 02:13 AM
Go ahead, make my day!

Jeanne :B:lol::help:

For some reason you just gave me this mental image...

http://www.moonbattery.com/dirty-harry.jpeg

Jeanne D
Mar 15th 2010, 02:17 AM
That was my intention UM.

Jeanne :)

Vhayes
Mar 15th 2010, 02:40 AM

Jeanne
Jeanne, take it from me, Urban and I disagree a whole lot - and he loves me and I love him. The beauty of a strong relationship is the ability to disagree and still care about each other.
(((((HUGS)))))
V

Jeanne D
Mar 15th 2010, 03:23 AM
Jeanne, take it from me, Urban and I disagree a whole lot - and he loves me and I love him. The beauty of a strong relationship is the ability to disagree and still care about each other.
(((((HUGS)))))
V

Thanks V and (((((Hugs)))) to you too.

I've never had a younger brother (only an older one), guess I have a few of them now.

Jeanne:eek:

Firefighter
Mar 17th 2010, 06:00 PM
Well I have an older sister, so I have LOTS of practice... :lol:

Have you gone back to eating steak yet???

Jeanne D
Mar 17th 2010, 06:07 PM
I have eaten stew meat and hamburger.. but still cannot eat steak. It's all in my head, but I can't even go back to that restaurant.

Jeanne

Amos_with_goats
Mar 17th 2010, 06:08 PM
I have eaten stew meat and hamburger.. but still cannot eat steak. It's all in my head, but I can't even go back to that restaurant.

Jeanne

Probably just as well.......

..... there is a lot at steak....

Jeanne D
Mar 17th 2010, 06:11 PM
Probably just as well.......

..... there is a lot at steak....

ROFLLLLLLL! :lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

The Mighty Sword
Mar 17th 2010, 06:22 PM
Praise GOD.

on a more serious note:

I kissed the lady and thanked her

When you kissed her was it before or after you brushed your teeth :eek:

Jeanne D
Mar 17th 2010, 06:54 PM
Praise GOD.

on a more serious note:

When you kissed her was it before or after you brushed your teeth :eek:

I didn't have my toothbrush with me, but I did wash my face and rinse my mouth out. I kissed her on the cheek, not the lips.

The Mighty Sword
Mar 17th 2010, 07:00 PM
I didn't have my toothbrush with me, but I did wash my face and rinse my mouth out. I kissed her on the cheek, not the lips.

:lol:..............................

Firefighter
Mar 17th 2010, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't know what to do if someone kissed me at a Rescue call... :lol:

Jeanne D
Mar 17th 2010, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't know what to do if someone kissed me at a Rescue call... :lol:

Hey someone may be so grateful to you, they may just grab you and plant a big one on you! You might want to be prepared.

Jeanne:D