PDA

View Full Version : Need a Answer Please.

dbrace
Sep 28th 2008, 01:45 AM
Earlier today a good friend of mine began talking about stuff and relationships and he gave me this except ,"Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her."
-Proverbs 8:10-11

I am having a hard time wrapping my arms around what he meant when he said this or that this excerpt's true meaning is. If anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

karenoka27
Sep 28th 2008, 01:54 AM
When I read your post I thought of
James 4:4-"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."

God wants us to desire a relationship with Him more than to desire the things of this world. If God wanted too, He could give you all of those things. If we trust that He is our provider and doesn't give you silver,gold and other things then He is saying that He has something for us that is more valuable...wisdom.
It's hard for us to grasp as we live in a world of "things." Pray about it.

The song Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus is good because it says that when we do this, the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace.

Does this help at all?

dbrace
Sep 28th 2008, 02:09 AM
Ok I had another question. When I was I believe 2 years old my parents got divorced. My father remarried but my mother hasn't. While I was reading Mark I came across this except, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery against her. 12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries someone else, she commits adultery.” Mark 10:11-12. So my question is, since my parents divorced, am I a product of their adultery or am I not related because of the choices they have made?

Mograce2U
Sep 28th 2008, 02:13 AM
Earlier today a good friend of mine began talking about stuff and relationships and he gave me this except ,"Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her."
-Proverbs 8:10-11

I am having a hard time wrapping my arms around what he meant when he said this or that this excerpt's true meaning is. If anyone could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.Those first 9 chapters of Proverbs are all about the value of heavenly Wisdom. This godly wisdom is more valuable to possess than the knowledge of how to gain earthly riches. True righteousness is the knowledge we need to live Corum Deo - in the presence of God. Earthly wisdom thinks gain is equal to godliness - showing the favor or blessing of God; but peace and contentment is the godly fruit of true wisdom from above. (Jas 3:17)

livingwaters
Sep 28th 2008, 02:33 AM
Agreeing with MoreGrace2u. :pp God says that whoever asks HIM for wisdom, HE will give liberally. Thank you Father.:)

You are not a result of adultery because of what your parents do now...I am assuming they are your biological parents, right?? Now what they do, may result in them being in adultery in the eyes of Jesus, but you are just fine...That's my opinion.:)

Jesus said, (paraphrasing) in his eyes the only reason for divorce was if fornication was involved....So, they both may need to repent and ask the Lord for forgiveness...Once again, that's the way I understand this topic. So, please, no HATE mail...LOL:hug:

BroRog
Sep 28th 2008, 02:38 AM
Agreeing with MoreGrace2u. :pp God says that whoever asks HIM for wisdom, HE will give liberally. Thank you Father.:)

You are not a result of adultery because of what your parents do now...I am assuming they are your biological parents, right?? Now what they do, may result in them being in adultery in the eyes of Jesus, but you are just fine...That's my opinion.:)

Jesus said, (paraphrasing) in his eyes the only reason for divorce was if fornication was involved....So, they both may need to repent and ask the Lord for forgiveness...Once again, that's the way I understand this topic. So, please, no HATE mail...LOL:hug:

It's true, the father gives wisdom. But I would expect that the wisdom would come through training and experience. I prayed for wisdom and got it through life experience.

karenoka27
Sep 28th 2008, 02:42 AM
2Kings 14:5-"...Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sins."
This is an old testament verse but it makes the point that we all stand or fall before our Lord alone.

moonglow
Sep 28th 2008, 03:03 AM
Ok I had another question. When I was I believe 2 years old my parents got divorced. My father remarried but my mother hasn't. While I was reading Mark I came across this except, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery against her. 12 And if a woman divorces her husband and marries someone else, she commits adultery.” Mark 10:11-12. So my question is, since my parents divorced, am I a product of their adultery or am I not related because of the choices they have made?

They had you while they were married to each other so of course that is fine and not even related to your dad's later remarriage at all...

God bless

Tanya~
Sep 28th 2008, 03:25 AM
So my question is, since my parents divorced, am I a product of their adultery or am I not related because of the choices they have made?

You are not a product of their adultery. You are a product of their union but more importantly, you are a special creation of God. God is your Father and you are His child. Read Psalm 139, and read John 1:12-13.

:hug: