PDA

View Full Version : My Testimony--Comming back from the occult

Johanna_Jensen
Sep 28th 2008, 05:34 AM
Hello, First of all, my name is Johanna Jensen and I'm 16.

I got into the occult 2 years ago, and this summer, on June 28th, I asked christ back into my life. It was a huge change for me, and it was one of the most difficult changes that I have ever made.

The begining of my freshman year of high school, I had begun doubting the christian faith that I had been raised and brought up in. Questions of innumerable amounts popped up in my head and when my youth group leader could no longer answer them, I felt that Christianity was wrong. I turned my back on God, and lead myself down a wrong path, heading for LeVeyanthianism. If you don't know what that is, it's basically a LeVey Satanist. It's brutal, stupid, and intirely self-inflicted harm. I didn't know that at the time, I was totally stupid of it. Until someone I knew around christmas, told me about witchcraft. It kind of made sense to me, and as I started to adapt, I got into the little stuff first, like Tarot cards, and fortune telling, and as well as astrology. This nonsense was stupid, although I did not know it at the time, but we all have times in our lives where we are totally and completely niave to the truth. I was not aware that many of my peers in school, as well as people in the church prayed daily for me. One of my friends was praying even more than that. When I got into the the deeper wicca stuff, I thought that maybe a spell could heal the acne that I had since 4th grade--genetically troubled with it. When I did these spells, not once, but five times... five, I finally realized that my acne on my face and body was getting worse and worse every single time that I did one of thses spells. I would wake up with acne everywhere where it had not been the day, or night before. I was disgusted and did more, and it only got worse...when I tried weight loss spells, lets just say those went almost as worse. My family has a problem with weight and acne. Even though I'm 5'5'' and only 155lbs, I am in sports all the time, and currently doing volleyball, even now, I feel so horrid at my weight.

Between my freshman and sophomore year of high school, I went to a summer camp, called Ghormley Meadow Christian Camp. I rededicated myself to christ on the LAST NIGHT of camp. I was shoved back into society the next day, 100% NOT ready. I fell right back into witchcraft, and infact, did a ritual not 10 days after. It's a part of the occult that knows exactly how to suck you back in as fast as quicksand.

On September 14, 2007, I started dating this boy, and he was a christian. through our relationship, I discovered that he wanted to help me, which was totally opposite of the church that I had been going to. The church that I was a part of for so long, always seemed to be pushing me out. If you didn't go to church dressed like a saint, and acted like a hellian during the week.. you were pretty much the wrong sort of person. It was totally rediculous. I'm so happy that they've changed there ways now, and they're not so much lukewarm christians.

Later through out this past summer, I thought long and hard about what religion was right. I was doubting witchcraft now, realizing that it wasn't as old as it says it was... but it was just a baby, and totally incorrect about so much. On June 28th 2008, I asked Jesus into my heart, again. The following day, Sunday, June 29th, I went to a week-long christian camp... Camp Ghormley. This year, we had a very devotional speaker and he got the guts out the first night. He talked about how much people put God in a box. How we keep him outside of so many parts of our lives. How we say "Okay, Jesus, you get my 2 hours on Sunday, but THATS IT." When I heard this, I was disgusted with myself! I couldn't believe that people, and let alone I had done such a thing as that! So I made a promise to not keep Jesus out of my life, but keep him with me 100% of the time. The next night, our speaker asked us "what do you want from God?" Would you like to know the first word I thought of?

Passion. passion for God, and for him alone to be involved in my life all the time. A fire-y passion that everyone world-wide would see, and this little light of mine, would really shine.

I received that passion.

The next day, I was really getting into a great habbit. I was reading my bible everymorning, and totally dedicated to God. Totally! I decieded that during free time, I would go with my Counselor and my friend to go river rafting. On the river, I was having so much fun. Until I hit this big wave. I got pulled off of my intertube and into the water. I felt myself being pushed, farther and farther away from the light of the sun, deep into the depths of the rushing river. I tried grasping my intertube, only to find it flipping over and over, and never anything happening. I was paniced. SO frigtened, and scared. It felt as if thousands of hands were grasping me all over my body and pushing me down, as the water pushed me down, so that my arms were showing, then only from my forearms,... and finally, nothing....

I thought, I must be lost to the depths of the river. As black started to cloud my vision, I just said one thing in my empty head.

"I can't do it without you."

At that instance, I felt free, and I floated to the top and grasped my intertube, right from the middle and floated right into it, gasping for long-missed air. With that rush, I screamed.

When I finally got back on land, I looked at my legs. They were covered with red marks, risen, like my skin had been burned. I recall fingerprints on my right calf that stayed there for a mighty long time. When I showed my friends, they gasped in amazement. I remember, that same day, after the LORD had saved me, walking by a door, and there was no wind. As my two friends and I walked past, and I said it too.. "this door will open as we walk closer, and close as we go by." True as my word, the door did exactly as I had said it would. I knew that God was opening new doors in my life, letting me in, and letting me discover new places that I had never discovered before.

I can sense, when I'm outside if one of Satan's followers are close by. I've felt them multiple times before, and quite frankly it frightens me. But when I quote scripture, I feel so much better. Their presence goes.

If it haden't been for God, I wouldn't be acheiving everything that I've always wanted, and longed for.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 1 year, and almost 1 year and 1 month. I have my long-desired dream: a horse of my own, whom I'm breaking myself to ride. God has told her heart to be patient, and kind to me, as he has done the same to me. My horse Frosty Dyno and I are getting along so nicely, and we've developed the trust in my life that I've never had elsewhere before.

God has done amazing things for me, and I'm so happy that he's so loving, and accepting... and above all...Forgiving.

Richard H
Sep 28th 2008, 07:14 AM
Hi Johanna, :)
Welcome to the board.

That’s a great testimony. I’m so glad you are out of the darkness now.
God’s love and mercy is so amazing! He who began his good work in you will complete it.

When you need it, remember there is power and authority in the name of Yeshua/Jesus.
Also, dark forces do not like Scripture at all.

Jesus said “It is written… “ - to silence Satan. (Matthew Chapter 4)
Finally, He told him to leave. The name of Jesus carries that same weight.

I suggest you also read Ephesians Chapter 6.

Enjoy your horse,
Richard

Bethany67
Sep 28th 2008, 08:24 AM
Welcome aboard :) Another ex-witch here, although my time was in my twenties and thirties). It's been a long time since I rode a horse, but as a teen it was my passion. My parents couldn't force me to clean my room, but I'd fight for the privilege of mucking out and cleaning tack at the local stables.

Richard gives you good advice on spiritual warfare; just be careful with what you read outside the Bible on it, because there's a huge amount of 'Christian superstition' on the subject. Stick to what the Bible says, and put it into practice - that's your best bet.

Elouise
Sep 28th 2008, 12:50 PM
Welcome home. Christ is worth following and studying the bible is far better than any plain philosophy built from human ideas.

Richard gives you good advice as does Bethany.

There is a lot of rubbish sold as 'spritual warfare' that fails to acknowledge the real power is Gods and not in some bitty entity.

And try not to let the accuser of the brethren beat you up when you do make human mistakes that lead to sin. We have a High priest in Christ who we can go to and say sorry to and ask for forgiveness and help.

turtledove
Sep 28th 2008, 04:01 PM
Hi, Johanna, Thanks so much for sharing this testimony. I am joining those here who give thanks to God whose mercy and love have helped you find your way to new life in Christ. Choosing to follow Jesus as a committed Christian gives peace, joy, and love..The other may have seemed right for a while but, as you experienced, led you down a harmful path which, if pursued, leads to destruction.

Romans 6:22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

:pray:

Seeker of truth
Sep 28th 2008, 05:02 PM
Hi there Johanna :wave: Your testimony is amazing! Welcome back to the Lord! :hug:

loredojam
Oct 4th 2008, 04:36 PM
Interesting testimony, I appreciate that you were willing to share. I am going to show it to my daughter, who associates with friends who experiment in Wicca/Weejee board (sp) and tarot cards. I worried it will go from being a fun gimmick to controlling their lives.

You have a good head on your shoulders. And yes the most awesome gift is to forgive. well i'll stop here.
YSIC

Julie