PDA

View Full Version : Just a hypothetical question.

cwb
Sep 30th 2008, 03:20 AM
What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be? Would it fear? Would it be depression? Would it be anger? or would it be this?

Luke 21:28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

David Taylor
Sep 30th 2008, 03:27 AM
What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be? Would it fear? Would it be depression? Would it be anger? or would it be this?

Hypothetically, what would/could happen tomorrow, that would make you/us certain the great tribulation had begun today?

third hero
Sep 30th 2008, 03:38 AM
One thing that I know for sure is that you can not have a "Great Tribulation" without the Beast. No Beast, no Great Tribulation. Economic devastation does not equate to "Great Tribulation".

Why do questions like this pop up whenever a troubling world event happen?

Jerome1
Sep 30th 2008, 03:43 AM
One thing that I know for sure is that you can not have a "Great Tribulation" without the Beast. No Beast, no Great Tribulation. Economic devastation does not equate to "Great Tribulation".

It's a pretty serious world event.

I suspect this is just the beginning of birth pangs, and much worse is yet to come.

Like birth pangs, these events will become more frequent and serious as the return of Christ draws nearer.

cwb
Sep 30th 2008, 03:44 AM
Hypothetically, what would/could happen tomorrow, that would make you/us certain the great tribulation had begun today?

Not sure. I kind of think though that when the beast begins his 42 month reign, we as Christians will know. I could be wrong about that though. He might be so subtle that we will not realize till later that he is the one. Some Christians might know before the 42 months begin. Good question though. Any ideas on how we would know?

cwb
Sep 30th 2008, 03:48 AM

Sorry third hero. I didn't know it was such a bad question. Actually, nothing that happened on wall street prompted me to ask the question.

third hero
Sep 30th 2008, 03:53 AM

I suspect this is just the beginning of birth pangs, and much worse is yet to come.

Like birth pangs, these events will become more frequent and serious as the return of Christ draws nearer.

Where in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or Revelation that says that "The US financial troubles is the beginning of sorrows"? Level heads should prevail here. As long as we have the Words of Jesus Christ, we can KNOW what are the signs of the Return, AND the signs of the Great Tribulation. This is just another world event, an event that will be couppled by many others. Sensationalizing this event is what makes people blind, IMHO.

White Spider
Sep 30th 2008, 04:06 AM
:hmm: Seems people have given you trouble . . . not sure why, it was hypothetical. Hypothetical as far as I know is fake . . . seems everyone wants a basis in reality, when hypothetical questions are outside reality.

Anyways, I will answer your question:

If it started tomorrow my initial reaction probably wouldn't be the Luke 21:28

I would probably, the moment I realized it had begun drop to my knees and pray for God to give me direction.

What does He want me to do? Where should I be going? How can I best help?

I am already lifting up my head as I know our redemption is nearing.

I feel it is a 50/50 chance we will be here for the tribulation and I am prepared for it mentally. Materialistically I could probably do better, but I'm not so worried about that aspect right now.

I would basically have a smile on face and simply be asking God what I should do, and doing it!

cwb
Sep 30th 2008, 04:07 AM
Where in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or Revelation that says that "The US financial troubles is the beginning of sorrows"? Level heads should prevail here. As long as we have the Words of Jesus Christ, we can KNOW what are the signs of the Return, AND the signs of the Great Tribulation. This is just another world event, an event that will be couppled by many others. Sensationalizing this event is what makes people blind, IMHO.

I said nothing about the U.S. financial crisis in my original post so I am not real sure why you are bringing that up in every post you post in this thread.

third hero
Sep 30th 2008, 04:22 AM
I said nothing about the U.S. financial crisis in my original post so I am not real sure why you are bringing that up in every post you post in this thread.

Sorry about that. I had seen that this thread started right around the same time as I expected the "The Great Depression is upon us" threads that are popping up here and there.

cwb
Sep 30th 2008, 04:37 AM
Sorry about that. I had seen that this thread started right around the same time as I expected the "The Great Depression is upon us" threads that are popping up here and there.

No problem. The thing is (unless God gave someone revelation about it) we do not even know yet how big a crisis this will actually be. The Dow went down 6% today. In 1987, it went down 20% and then rebounded. I kind of see the whole thing as our politicians over reacting and using this as a way for the government to gain more power and control over the people. I am no economic expert though so we will have to wait and see how this whole thing turns out. What I find much more troubling for America than the economic crisis is the nonsense Obama is trying to pull in Missouri and using law enforcement to get rid of free speech. One thing I believe the devil has to do before the beast is revealed is get rid of the United States (or at least make it no longer a free nation).

LookingUp
Sep 30th 2008, 04:43 AM
What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be? Would it fear? Would it be depression? Would it be anger? or would it be this?Hmm... "It's about time! Only 7 more years! Woo Hoo!"... is that bad?

IPet2_9
Sep 30th 2008, 02:36 PM
What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be? Would it fear?

My reaction would be fear. Just being honest.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 30th 2008, 02:45 PM
What if the great tribulation began tomorrow (and we are still here). What would your reaction be?It would tell me that we Post-Tribbers were right.
Would it fear?Of course, but also excitement over knowing the timetable.
Would it be depression?Nope. Depression is caused by a lack of hope. Knowing that the 2nd Coming is for sure seven years away hardly sounds like a lack of hope to me.
Would it be anger?Only at those responsible for instigating the horrors of the Tribulation.
or would it be this?
Luke 21:28
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.That is for the end of the Tribulation, not the beginning.

Literalist-Luke
Sep 30th 2008, 02:47 PM
I suspect this is just the beginning of birth pangs, and much worse is yet to come.People have been saying that since the beginning of World War I.

White Spider
Sep 30th 2008, 07:01 PM
Only at those responsible for instigating the horrors of the Tribulation.

I would be careful with that statement, isn't it God who releases Satan allowing the tribulation to start. I mean God instigates the tribulation doesn't He?

I know what you meant, but I would just be careful the way it is worded . . .

cwb
Sep 30th 2008, 07:12 PM
I would be careful with that statement, isn't it God who releases Satan allowing the tribulation to start. I mean God instigates the tribulation doesn't He?

I know what you meant, but I would just be careful the way it is worded . . .

No God does not instigate the trib. I think there is a big difference between ceasing to prevent something from happening and instigating something to happen. It is Satan who has been working since the first century to bring about the great trib. God has been restraining him from doing it since thaen. Just because God is going to at some point refrain from restraining the enemy, that does not make God the instigator. It is still the devil who is the instigator.

II Thess 2:9

[Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

cwb
Sep 30th 2008, 07:19 PM
It would tell me that we Post-Tribbers were right.

WOW. So your first reaction would be to gloat that you were right and somebody else was wrong.

That is for the end of the Tribulation, not the beginning.

not too sure what you mean here. Jesus in Luke 21:28 says "when these thing begin to come to pass". So why would you say that that his advice to "lift up your heads" is only for the end of the tribulation?

White Spider
Sep 30th 2008, 07:27 PM
No God does not instigate the trib. I think there is a big difference between ceasing to prevent something from happening and instigating something to happen. It is Satan who has been working since the first century to bring about the great trib. God has been restraining him from doing it since thaen. Just because God is going to at some point refrain from restraining the enemy, that does not make God the instigator. It is still the devil who is the instigator.

II Thess 2:9

I see know difference . . . letting a thing happen is indirectly doing the thing itself.

...and I am reminded of this holy
day of the sad story of Kitty
Geneviese. This poor soul cried out
time and time again for help but no
person answered her calls. Though
many saw, not one so much as called.
Her assailant wiped the bloody knife
off on her lifeless little body.
They watched as he simply walked
away. Nobody wanted to get involved.
Nobody wanted to take a stand... We
must fear evil men and deal with
them accordingly but what we must
truly guard against, what we must
fear most
Is the indifference of good men.

~ Boondock Saints

I am simply saying God lets the tribulation start . . . He's been holding it back and restraining Satan, but when He releases Satan, is that not the same thing as starting the tribulation?

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 07:44 PM

I agree - but not quite. I don't think it's the beginning of birth-pangs at all. How many serious floods, fires, storms, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes have happened in the last few years - and how close together have they been? How is the world fairing today with regard to "(ethnic) nation rising against (ethnic) nation, and kingdom (civilization) against kingdom (civilization)"?

ananias

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 07:46 PM
Not sure. I kind of think though that when the beast begins his 42 month reign, we as Christians will know. I could be wrong about that though. He might be so subtle that we will not realize till later that he is the one. Some Christians might know before the 42 months begin. Good question though. Any ideas on how we would know?

"Miracles, signs and lying wonders" in the name of Jesus.

ananias

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 07:55 PM

Prayer, prayer, prayer. That's looking up, isn't it?

ananias

Literalist-Luke
Oct 1st 2008, 02:02 AM

I know what you meant, but I would just be careful the way it is worded . . .Oh chill. :D I'm not about to walk up to the Antichrist, pat him on the shoulder and say "It's OK that you're murdering millions of innocent people, I know that God put you up to it, so I forgive you."

Literalist-Luke
Oct 1st 2008, 02:04 AM
WOW. So your first reaction would be to gloat that you were right and somebody else was wrong.No, my first reaction in this thread was to re-iterate that post-Trib is correct. I'd say it'll be pretty obvious when the Tribulation gets underway and we're still here.
not too sure what you mean here. Jesus in Luke 21:28 says "when these thing begin to come to pass". So why would you say that that his advice to "lift up your heads" is only for the end of the tribulation?Because that's when our redemption occurs - the end of the Tribulation.

cwb
Oct 1st 2008, 02:12 AM
Because that's when our redemption occurs - the end of the Tribulation.

So we should not "lift up our heads" till the end of the tribulation?

Alyssa S
Oct 1st 2008, 03:22 AM

It's interesting that you ask this because I have been thinking those exact same thoughts the last few days, and it WAS because of everything going on with our economy and the election. I seriously DO wonder if we are about to enter into the last 7 years. And that is actually good for me because it puts a fire under my rear to share the gospel more passionately.

But with that, yes, comes a bit of fear. I am not one to usually worry. I am quite trusting in our Lord. But I really started to contemplate all that would or could happen (since I am a post tribber) and I tried to wrap my mind around it. I began to realize that it is very possible that we, especially who live in America, who have been so very spoiled with all of our luxuries (even if we aren't rich) may soon learn what the starving children, women and men around the world and in developing countries are going through. We may soon understand what it was like for the persecuted Jews of Hitler's time as we ourselves are persecuted by the Antichrist. We may soon learn what it is to be on the run like David was from Saul, or learn what it feels like to live "under ground" so as to stay alive. We may soon learn what it's like to be a prisoner of war awaiting our execution. We may soon wander in "a wilderness" completely and totally depending on God for "manna from heaven."

It's easy, for me, to focus on all of these things and become discouraged and even frightened. But I must take all of those emotions and let them be "fire in my bones" that causes me to spread the Word about our Lord and Savior. Jesus is "in the boat" with us, and we must focus on HIM not the storm. I trust he will carry each and every one of us through to victory.

My treasure is in the Kingdom of Heaven... and my focus is on the KING of the Kingdom of Heaven. I am expectantly awaiting my reward from there!!! And this is what empowers me to RRRRRock on!! :)

God bless!
Alyssa

Gods Child
Oct 1st 2008, 03:53 AM
It's interesting that you ask this because I have been thinking those exact same thoughts the last few days, and it WAS because of everything going on with our economy and the election. I seriously DO wonder if we are about to enter into the last 7 years. And that is actually good for me because it puts a fire under my rear to share the gospel more passionately.

But with that, yes, comes a bit of fear. I am not one to usually worry. I am quite trusting in our Lord. But I really started to contemplate all that would or could happen (since I am a post tribber) and I tried to wrap my mind around it. I began to realize that it is very possible that we, especially who live in America, who have been so very spoiled with all of our luxuries (even if we aren't rich) may soon learn what the starving children, women and men around the world and in developing countries are going through. We may soon understand what it was like for the persecuted Jews of Hitler's time as we ourselves are persecuted by the Antichrist. We may soon learn what it is to be on the run like David was from Saul, or learn what it feels like to live "under ground" so as to stay alive. We may soon learn what it's like to be a prisoner of war awaiting our execution. We may soon wander in "a wilderness" completely and totally depending on God for "manna from heaven."

It's easy, for me, to focus on all of these things and become discouraged and even frightened. But I must take all of those emotions and let them be "fire in my bones" that causes me to spread the Word about our Lord and Savior. Jesus is "in the boat" with us, and we must focus on HIM not the storm. I trust he will carry each and every one of us through to victory.

My treasure is in the Kingdom of Heaven... and my focus is on the KING of the Kingdom of Heaven. I am expectantly awaiting my reward from there!!! And this is what empowers me to RRRRRock on!! :)

God bless!
Alyssa

Alyssa

That was beautiful and filled with spiritual faith.

If we find ourselves in the tribulation, we will need such faith and focus on what is important, which is not the cares of this world.

Our job will be to preach the gospel and then shall the end come. Reward is at the end for us and not of this world.

Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Dan 11:33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

Dan 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Alyssa S
Oct 1st 2008, 12:27 PM
Alyssa

That was beautiful and filled with spiritual faith.

If we find ourselves in the tribulation, we will need such faith and focus on what is important, which is not the cares of this world.

Our job will be to preach the gospel and then shall the end come. Reward is at the end for us and not of this world.

Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Dan 11:33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.

Dan 11:35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Thank you, Gods Child. I truly appreciate that. :hug:

God bless you,
Alyssa

Jerome1
Oct 2nd 2008, 06:51 PM
People have been saying that since the beginning of World War I.

Yeah but naturally as the return of Christ draws nearer, things are going to get worse.

Every day where i live, the news reports that the current economic situation is unprecedented since records were kept. House prices have fell by 30% in one year where i live, and hundreds of thousands of peoples jobs are at risk.

This is just one of many things that are going to continue to get worse.