PDA

View Full Version : Lukewarm Christian no more

Lomesir22
Sep 30th 2008, 04:04 AM
Hello!

My testimony is small, but it's worth telling.

I've been a born-again Christian since I was about 10. Religious fervor has waxed and waned in my life, and after a severe bout of depression (which was cured almost instantly by attending prayer-soaking meetings, by the way) it's slowly been waxing again.

Tonight, I received a jolt that has convinced me to pick up my Bible and prayer list and get back on track FOR GOOD.

My campus invited a famous mentalist duo to give a free show tonight. I figured, why not? Magicians, illusions, sleight of hand, right?

Nope.

While parts of the show might have been just staging, there were parts that I knew down in my soul were divination. Specifically, the parts that were name guessing. Every time Mrs. Mentalist correctly guessed a name of an audience member (which was all 30 or so times), something in my spirit was deeply unsettled.

I tried to convince myself for two hours that I was bothered because my oh-so-superior intellect couldn't rationalize what I was watching, that I was being paranoid, that I was just as bad as the judges who cried "Witch!" centuries ago. When I finally talked about it with my sister (the strongest Christian I know), she suggested that Mrs. Mentalist was working with a familiar spirit.

Like I said earlier, I received a jolt. There was a time a few years ago when I would have recognized a familiar spirit and been able to rebuke it. I used to be able to sense demons (I was 11 when I walked into a store at the mall and walked right out again because there was a demon in it--I was still too young a Christian to understand rebuking them) I see now how far I've wandered from my relationship with God and tonight I go back to Him. And this time, there will be no drifting away.

Seeker of truth
Oct 1st 2008, 02:29 PM
Thank you for sharing :hug: I pray you continue to grow in your Walk with the Lord :pray:

Revinius
Oct 3rd 2008, 03:53 PM
It is good to see God is in your heart. I hope and pray you will keep desiring Him to be there and use His gift discernably and for the benefit of those around you. :)

loredojam
Oct 4th 2008, 04:25 PM
Wow, you had an unique experience. Thanks for sharing. Don't forget to put on the full armor of God Epesian 6:10, as you go through life and Satan's henchmen trying to trip you up. You sound strong though, by recognizing you were not watching a simple magic trick. Good For YOU!

take care,
YSIC

Julie