PDA

View Full Version : Happy Feast of Trumpets

valleybldr
Sep 30th 2008, 10:30 AM
Hope your Feast of Trumpets/Yom Teruah is a blessed one!

I'll be attending with my Messianic congregation for morning services and then the afternoon Tashlich at a local lake. I missed last night since I'm an hour away and chose to head in towards DC only once during the Holy Day. I often develop my festival Powerpoint presentations during "spare moments" of these special seasons so I can wrap my mind around the many facets these holidays teach and celebrate.

"He comes llike the rain...so let it rain... let it rain!! Misty Edwards

todd

godsgirl
Sep 30th 2008, 11:02 AM
Wow! I would love to attend that kind of church. I always think that the rapture will happen during this time of year. Maybe we'll meet in that golden city.

THE GOLDEN CITY

Soon your trials will be over
Offered up by mercy's hand
A better view from where you standing
Going to another land

The sweetest welcome from the Father
Gathered up and carried home
We are past this time of waiting
Come let us bow before Your throne

CHORUS:
We will meet in the Golden City in the New Jerusalem
All our pain and all our tears will be no more
We will stand with the hosts of heaven
And cry holy is the Lamb
We will worship and adore You evermore

Never can the powers of darkness
Neither death nor even life
Let nothing ever separate us
From the holy love of God

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lamb

valleybldr
Sep 30th 2008, 11:09 AM
Wow! I would love to attend that kind of church. I always think that the rapture will happen during this time of year. Maybe we'll meet in that golden city.
All of the past appointments were kept on time and I have no reason to believe that the future fulfillments won't be "on time" as well. It's a very special season! My heart is for all oppressed peoples to realize their Messiah's glorious reign over all. Come, Lord Jesus!! todd

Ta-An
Sep 30th 2008, 11:27 AM
May you when you hear the rams horn sound....., know that the price has been paid, we are forgiven, and we are to wait for our Groom with oil in our lamps!!!

Ta-An
Sep 30th 2008, 11:29 AM
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lamb Amein and Amein, may the G_d of Israel reign!!!!! :pray:

Emanate
Sep 30th 2008, 12:18 PM
May I take this opportunity to address my brothers and sisters and say Chag Sameach. In these days of Awe may we reflect on our Messiah Y'shua.

BHS
Sep 30th 2008, 12:27 PM
These days are a gift of God's love, celebrating the Messiah! May we soon hear the great trumpet blast!
This year with God's help, peace and blessing!

Chag Sameach!

Ta-An
Sep 30th 2008, 01:00 PM
May I take this opportunity to address my brothers and sisters and say Chag Sameach. In these days of Awe may we reflect on our Messiah Y'shua.Shanah Tovah!! May the year ahead be filled with the presence of Y'shua HaMachiach through His Spirit in your life :hug:

keck553
Sep 30th 2008, 03:42 PM
Shanah Tovah! Here's looking forward to that great shofar announcing our Messiah's return. Let us all spend the next Yamim Noraim meditating on God's Word, God's intent, and God's will. Let us pray that God search out our hearts and reveal our transgressions so that we may repent and turn to God's ways. Let us focus on repairing our broken relationships and any emnity between our brothers and sisters.

We have the promise of eternal salvation through Yeshua, so let us pray continuously for our unbelieving brothers and sisters, that during this time God answer the prayers of those who seek His face with all their hearts, souls and strength with the revealtion of Messiah Yeshua. Pray that the scales of men;'s traditions, false teaching, 1900 years of persecution, Christian and rabbinic replacement theology can not veil the Shekhinah of HaMashicah Yeshua; let them see thier true Root, the simplicity and awe of God's grace, the price He paid to rescue all of us. LORD, please show them the most Jewish thing they can do is accept His Son, Yeshua as their Messiah.

Richard H
Oct 1st 2008, 06:27 AM
Amen and Amen!
May YH_H shine His face upon you, as we all wait for His trumpet call.

Ta-An
Oct 1st 2008, 07:08 AM
Thank you Antoinette::

NAMES AND THEMES OF THE DAY

Teshuvah – Repentance – Prayer: Father, we give You thanks that this time of repentance has been given to us to examine our lives in order to see where we have departed from You and Your Word. However, we thank You that this is an ongoing process that is not limited to this season. O Father, our King, hear O YHWH when we cry to You. Hear our voices and have mercy also upon us and answer our prayer. Each morning the shofar is blown to warn the people to repent and return to the Almighty YHWH. Let us continue to examine our lives and see where we have departed from the ways of Almighty YHWH. It is a call to examine the Scriptures and the evidence that Messiah Y’Shua is our Redeemer.

Rosh HaShanah – Head of the Year (Birthday of the World/Creation of Man) - This is the first day of Tishrei, the seventh month and the first month of the biblical civil month cycle. According to tradition, Adam and Chavah (Eve) were created on the first day of Tishrei. We proclaim a blessing on each person for this time. Let us be reminded that we are all created in His image.

Yom Teruah – Day of Awakening/Feast of Trumpets – “Blessed are the people that know the joyful sound (teruah – the shofar); they shall walk, O YHWH, in the light of Thy countenance.” (Ps 89:15). The commandment for the day is to hear the sound of the shofar. “Awake, O sleeper and arise from the dead, and Messiah will shine on you.” (Ephesians 5:14).

Yom Ha-Din – Day of Judgment – This theme is symbolic of the days of judgment. We first have the separation of the righteous when Messiah will come for the called-out ones – the natzal or rapture. Believers will have their works judged at that time (2 Cor. 5:10). “Blessed are You, Adonai Eloheinu, King of the Universe, Who has caused us to be set-apart and given us Your commandments to set aside this Holy Day.”

Yom HaZikkaron- Day of Remembrance (Lev. 23:24) – Elohim remembers us and has a Book of Remembrance (Exod. 32:22-32; Mal. 3:16-18; Rev. 3:5; 20:11-15; 21:1, 27). We must also remember Him (Deut. 7:17-19). “Until thrones were set up and the Ancient of Days took His seat…..myriads upon myriads were standing before Him….. the court sat and the books were opened.” (Dan. 7:9-10). Prayer: Father, we thank You that we are counted worthy in Messiah to escape the coming judgement.

Yom HaKeseh – the Hidden Day – “For in the time of trouble, He shall hide me in His pavilion (Heb. Sukkah), in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me.” (Psalm 27:5). “Sound the shofar on the New Moon, in concealment of the day of our Festival.” (Psalm 81:3). Prayer: We thank You, Messiah, that You spoke of this day – our blessed hope – when we will be with You forever. Messiah spoke of this day – the “Hidden Day” in Matt. 24:36 (ie an idiom of expression for Yom Teruah).

Rosh Chodesh – New Moon (Head of the Month) – Prayer: Abba Father, grant unto us the grace to reflect the light of Your Son, just as the moon reflects the light of the sun; as our lives begin to revolve around Messiah, we will turn more and more to the centre of creation and reflect the light of Y’Shua.

The Resurrection of the Dead in Messiah (the Natzal/Rapture - 1 Thess. 4:17). Prayer: We bless You, Abba Father, for this wonderful revelation of our blessed hope.

Yom HaMelech – the Coronation Day of the King (Psalm 47). “Elohim has gone up with a shout; YHWH with the sound of the shofar.” (v5) [Proclaiming His kingship]; “Sing praises to Elohim, sing praises. Sing praises to our King, sing praises.” (v6) (Acclaiming the King); “Melech Elohim reigns over the nations. Elohim sits on His holy throne.” (v8) [Enthronement of the King]; “The princes of the people have gathered together. The people of the Elohei of Avraham….He is greatly exalted.” (v9).

Yom HaKiddushim/Nesuin – the Day of the Wedding Ceremony – “I will betroth you to Myself forever; I will betroth you to Myself in righteousness and justice, in kindness and mercy. I will betroth you to Myself in faithfulness and you shall know YHWH.” “Reveal Yourself and spread the shelter of Your peace over me, O Beloved One. Let the earth sparkle with Your glory. We will rejoice and be glad over You. Hasten, O Beloved, for the time has come and favour us as in the days of old.”

Readings:

Psalm 33
Psalm 34
Psalm 91
Psalm 147
1 Chron 29:10-13
Nehemiah 9:6-11
Exodus 13:30 – 15:19 (Song of the Sea)

1 Sam 1:1 – 2:10 - Haftorah reading for the First Day
Psalm 47p

valleybldr
Oct 2nd 2008, 12:10 PM
A quick note,

As many of you know, the idea of a civil new year (vs. the religious year) is born out of Jewish tradition (via the Mishnah). It comes from the concept of the Jubilee where so many of the oppressed would, at this time, experience freedom. The victory shout on Yom Teruah/Feast of Trumpets incorporates the idea that God has set us free!!

So please, let the Jubilee and jubilation continue for a redeemed people as we proceed through this wonderful season. Don't forget the oppressed peoples of the world or even the current financial morass (which BTW can be viewed against the economic safeguards found within Torah). Our Messiah is our agent of freedom and He wants to remind us of this fact, time and time again, as we rehearse these "appointed times" with Him.

Seasonal blessings to all,

todd