PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Had Rapture Awakening Feeling?

PeterJ
Sep 30th 2008, 06:34 PM
I looked out the window and saw a massive smarm of Giant Locusts; flying up to the sky; I saw a pic of a pentagram in red on each of the Locusts; it seem like it was real and i thought the rapture was going to happen.

I had that funny feeling in my tummy; like a rapture awakening ; Have you had that feeling in your dreams?
I realise it was a dream when i woke up.
Have you had any dreams like that? The whole experience felt very real to me.

Yours Peter

paradiseinn
Oct 1st 2008, 06:39 AM
hey peter,
not about the rapture,
but i've had dreams about the antichrist and the worship of the image.
i never seem to remember details though...
i just think,...
i need to lay off the end times chat on bible forums:lol:
my dreams are so real though... i hear you brother!
we could wake up tomarrow and millions of people have vanished:o

PeterJ
Oct 1st 2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks Paraise :)

MrAnteater
Oct 1st 2008, 05:45 PM
Depending on who wins the election, I may be dreaming more of the rapture after November 4th.

365_days_gone
Oct 1st 2008, 07:21 PM
I dont believe in the rapture. Ive never seen any proof in the Bible that says it will happen.:cool:

Buzzword
Oct 1st 2008, 11:50 PM
Enjoy those dreams.

Fun times all around, though sometimes I wish I didn't dream at all....I'd like sleep to be SLEEP, not subconscious TV time.

I dont believe in the rapture. Ive never seen any proof in the Bible that says it will happen.:cool:
Same here. Tends to be a maverick opinion around here.

365_days_gone
Oct 2nd 2008, 01:37 AM
Enjoy those dreams.

Fun times all around, though sometimes I wish I didn't dream at all....I'd like sleep to be SLEEP, not subconscious TV time.

Same here. Tends to be a maverick opinion around here.Whats a maverick opinion?

Buzzword
Oct 2nd 2008, 02:03 AM
Whats a maverick opinion?

As in, not many share the disbelief in the Rapture.

Most accept the dispensationalist view, regardless of the lack of biblical evidence.

365_days_gone
Oct 2nd 2008, 02:14 AM
Nice to know. Too bad the guy from my old Church decided to spew that nonsence idea to me when he knew I was only a new believer.:mad:

mimithemommy
Oct 8th 2008, 08:00 PM

Most accept the dispensationalist view, regardless of the lack of biblical evidence.

So, what do you believe then? Does anyone go to Heaven? If so, when and how? If not, what happens?

Buzzword
Oct 9th 2008, 02:52 AM
So, what do you believe then? Does anyone go to Heaven? If so, when and how? If not, what happens?

I do not believe God will just sweep us out of harm's way before blasting the bad guys.
That doesn't fit His character, AND portrays Him as something of a kid with a magnifying glass...He COULD take us all away from our present pain, but He WON'T.

Also, it presupposes that at some point, we'll all stop having children so there aren't any people left to share Christ with.

Bethany67
Oct 9th 2008, 05:42 AM
I don't have rapture dreams because I don't believe in the rapture, just the Second Coming of the Lord.

I occasionally have 'spiritual warfare' dreams. I had one where I was sitting on a chair in an empty room and faceless threatening people were circling me. I woke up sitting bolt-upright in bed with my arms outstretched praying in tongues.

I remember one other dream from a year or so back - it was just me and Jesus standing gazing at each other. I couldn't tell you what He looked like, but the feeling of total love was overwhelming. I woke up crying from that one because I didn't want it to end.

daughter
Oct 9th 2008, 10:44 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who prays in tongues in her sleep! My son does that sometimes, but three days ago, I woke myself up shouting in tongues, something which had never happened before. Gave myself quite a fright!

And yes, I'd been dreaming that there was "something" in the house.

mimithemommy
Oct 9th 2008, 02:53 PM
Also, it presupposes that at some point, we'll all stop having children so there aren't any people left to share Christ with.

I'm not understanding this statement.

leebee
Oct 12th 2008, 10:50 AM

Hi, new here, but not to God. This is a subject that I've been pondering myself. In the past I have had belief in a pre tribulation rapture, Like in "Left Behind", Its how I have been taught scince I was a kid going to church. However lately, I've been trying to search for evidence of the rapture in the Bible, and I haven't come across any hard specifics. I've been told that the word "rapture" isnt even in the Bible and I haven't found it yet. Is there any one who can point me to some scripture on this matter? I would love to be able to discuss the reasons people think that there will be any rapture at all. Many times I've had to re-learn what I though I knew to be true from my past learnings of the Bible. I believe that Satin counts on us Humans to take other peoples word for it instead of actually reading the Bible for ourselves and getting the real story. I am finding that there are very, very few church doctrines that follow the Bible's true accounts. Alot of anti- Christian doctrine is part of the church these days and people don't realize that over the centuries pagans have made rules for the church that we Christians swear are rules from God. Read your Bibles folks, please. Prove all things with the Bible, not with what someone has told you or taught you. Concerning the rapture, please enlighten me----still searching for some hard evidence. Thanks--God bless all.

Buzzword
Oct 12th 2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not understanding this statement.

Basically, the pre-trib rapture dispensationalist theory states that Christ CAN'T return until every single person on the planet has had a chance to hear the Gospel.

That means that at some point, God either has to make everyone infertile, or jump in at a moment in which there isn't a single pregnant woman on earth.

It's unrealistic on both counts.