PDA

View Full Version : Iran smuggling chemicals to produce WMD's?

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,430681,00.html

IPet2_9
Sep 30th 2008, 08:00 PM
The story doesn't say "smuggling", and I don't think it is. It's an Iranian vessel, they can ship whatever they want. And Iran is saying the ship was going neither from nor to Iran.

We should be delighted at the poetic justice, that the Somali pirates are falling sick and dying themselves because of their own pirating.

Rufus_1611
Sep 30th 2008, 08:00 PM
Iran - n + q = Haven't we been here before?

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." - George W Bush

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 09:21 PM
The story doesn't say "smuggling", and I don't think it is. It's an Iranian vessel, they can ship whatever they want. And Iran is saying the ship was going neither from nor to Iran.

We should be delighted at the poetic justice, that the Somali pirates are falling sick and dying themselves because of their own pirating.

No, 1Pet2_9. We should NEVER gloat about the suffering of other human beings - no matter what their sins.

ananias

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 09:23 PM
Iran - n + q = Haven't we been here before?

"There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says, fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again." - George W Bush

Poor old Bush - will be remembered as the very last U.S president with a spine

ananias

IPet2_9
Sep 30th 2008, 09:52 PM
No, 1Pet2_9. We should NEVER gloat about the suffering of other human beings - no matter what their sins.

A different theological topic, but I don't think that is Scripturally sound. Also, use of the term "gloat" is loaded. It's all over Psalms to rejoice when God repays the wicked for their deeds, such as "He will repay them for their sins and destroy them for their wickedness; the Lord our God will destroy them." (Psalm 94:23). Revelation 19 has all of Heaven rejoicing over the fall of Babylon the Great.

God repaid the Somali pirates for their deeds. They did it to themselves.

Rufus_1611
Sep 30th 2008, 10:22 PM
Poor old Bush - will be remembered as the very last U.S president with a spine

ananias I didn't think he did but then I just looked it up on the double u, double u, double u and it turns out...snakes do have spines.

ananias
Sep 30th 2008, 11:08 PM
I didn't think he did but then I just looked it up on the double u, double u, double u and it turns out...snakes do have spines.

:hmm: but then again, Christians often do the same sort of things that politicians do - like talking in code when they're putting someone down and making sure that the person they're putting down doesn't understand that they're being made a fool of, but everyone else does.

Not much difference between a Christian and a politician sometimes. Either way the source of deviousness is the same

Not that I trust Bush or any other politician - but sometimes "Christians" are the same, don't you agree?

ananias

Rufus_1611
Sep 30th 2008, 11:27 PM
:hmm: but then again, Christians often do the same sort of things that politicians do - like talking in code when they're putting someone down and making sure that the person they're putting down doesn't understand that they're being made a fool of, but everyone else does. Please forgive me if you thought I was talking in code.

Not much difference between a Christian and a politician sometimes. Either way the source of deviousness is the same

Not that I trust Bush or any other politician - but sometimes "Christians" are the same, don't you agree? No, I don't.

ananias

ananias
Oct 1st 2008, 01:45 AM
Please forgive me if you thought I was talking in code.

If I thought you were talking in code and you weren't, then there's nothing I need to forgive you for. Then you need to forgive me for thinking you were talking in code.

ananias