PDA

View Full Version : Faith Quotes

Beloved by God
Oct 1st 2008, 12:35 AM
“I don’t have faith in God anymore!” Have you ever had this feeling? Read below.

(I like quotes and this is a collection of religious ones that I have.)

Faith is to believe what we do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what we believe.
-Saint Augustine

Faith is nothing else than trust in the divine mercy promised in Christ.
-Phillip Melanchthon

We walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

Faith doesn’t wait until it understands; in that case it wouldn’t be faith.
-Vance Havner

Some people talk about finding God, as if He could get lost. –Anonymous

Faith is believing what we cannot prove. –Alfred, Lord Tennyson

It is the heart that experiences God, and not the reason. –Blaise Pascal

Faith is verification by the heart; confession by the tongue; action by the limbs. –Anon.

A faith that sets bounds to itself, that will believe so much and no more, that will trust so far and no further, is none. –Julius Charles Hare

The principal part of faith is patience. –George MacDonald

In the midst of your doubts, don’t forget how many of the important questions God does answer. –Verne Becker

God knows no distance. –Charleszetta Waddles

Let us move on, and step out boldly, though it be night, and we can scarcely see the way.

A higher intelligence than the mortal sees the road before us. –Charles B. Newcomb

Faith is not a storm cellar to which men and women can flee for refuge from the storms of life. It is, instead, an inner force that gives then the strength to face those storms and their consequences with serenity of spirit. –Sam J. Ervin, Jr.

I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light.
–Mary Gardiner Brainard

Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, faith looks up. -Guideposts

Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. And lo, no one was there. –Anon.

The will of God will not take you where the grace of God cannot keep you. –Anon.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is. - George Carlin

If God put a big neon sign up that told you exactly what you should do, then there would be no need to have faith. -Anon

"Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope."
-Corazon C. Aquino

Child, stop weeping.
God already knows.
And even while you're sleeping,
His eyes never close.
-Anon.

ServantofTruth
Oct 2nd 2008, 04:40 PM
Thank you for sharing. How about John chapter 20:29

Jesus said, 'Thomas do you have faith because you have seen me? The people who have faith without seeing me are the ones who are truely blessed!'

I hope this fits in with your topic and list. Love SofTy.

Beloved by God
Oct 3rd 2008, 12:58 AM
That will fit in very nicely. Thank you. :)