PDA

View Full Version : Dependence Developed

TBONE61
Oct 1st 2008, 04:29 PM
Proverbs 3:5-7 (New King James Version)

5] Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6] In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. 7] Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
Jeremiah 9:23-24 (New King James Version)

23] Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; 24] But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the LORD, exercising loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight, says the LORD.

Dependence Developed

Sometimes we fail because we become wise in our own eyes and we lean on our own understanding. We believe that we can handle the situation, we inwardly have confidence in our wisdom and strength and we forget or fail to call on the Lord for help. The text today remind us to trust the Lord with all of our hearts and to acknowledge Him in all of our ways. With every step, in every plan or decision, through good times or bad, we are to lean on and trust completely in Him. Not just with some or most of our issues, or with just the big things, we are to completely trust Him with everything.

FOR TODAY: Talk to God about every "To-Do" item on your list today.